1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Miami Beach Jeff
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Denzien
Makes sense if the boat is taking U.S. made vehicles to Europe, but I'm not sure if that happens. I can't see some fancy-pants European wanting something made in Detroit
Perhaps BMW is exporting vehicles manufactured in Spartanburg, South Carolina on the same ships?

Old 10-05-2012, 03:03 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
Well confirmed my Mini was delivered to the port at 0700 and the Topeka has set sail from new york.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:10 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by qais
Just wanted to say a couple things. Miami Beach Jeff, yours is surely on the California Highway alongside mine which is also coming to Miami. Which dealership did you order through, I ordered from Braman MINI. It'll be interesting to see if our cars arrive at the same time.

And a side-note to all (and Babsmike's signature ) although we arrive at the port in Brunswick, the VDC is actually in Charleston, South Carolina. You may then wonder why we don't simply get shipped to Charleston, since it's not only a port city but a port which frequently receives ships from Southampton. Well my answer to that is I have no idea, that's just how MINI/BMW do it
Any idea once it ports in Brunswick how long before shipped to South Carolina and then how long to inspect to ship to dealer? I know I'm asking too many questions. I'm just ready for my MINI to arrive so we can pick her up.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:37 PM
qais
1st Gear
Originally Posted by babsmike
Any idea once it ports in Brunswick how long before shipped to South Carolina and then how long to inspect to ship to dealer? I know I'm asking too many questions. I'm just ready for my MINI to arrive so we can pick her up.
Obviously I can only guess based on what I've seen other people report. But all transportation beginning from the time our MINIs reach the port is very quick (unlike our wait in Southampton) so it shouldn't take longer than a day or two to reach the VDC. The actual time it spends there should be two days to a week, but could be more if it got damaged on the way.

Afterwards it depends on the distance between your dealer and the VDC, so again could be a couple more days. Once it arrives at the dealer it depends on how many "dealer accessories" you ordered, and a few other things your dealer needs to do. FYI, the bonnet and roof stripes on all MINIs are applied at the dealer, not the factory. Anyway, don't expect to pick up your car the day it arrives at the dealer.

To summarize all that, I'm expecting my MINI to hopefully be ready for pick-up around a week after the ship arrives. I live in Miami and I ordered no dealer accessories.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:01 PM
RichieA
Neutral
So close......

Well, my baby arrived at the dealer last Saturday and I scheduled my pickup for this past Wednesday. By the powers that be, I received an email from MINI that Tuesday night alerting me to the upcoming MINI October sales event. I went to my dealer on Wednesday morning with check in hand and my baby in sight when I inquired about the rebate program and asked if I qualified. He told me yes, but I would have to wait till 10/13 to take delivery. The rebate is $750 + tax that I would save. Woooo hoooo!!! I figured, I waited 2 months what's another 10 days. And the over $800 I'm saving pays my gas for the next 6 months. Pretty sweet!!! I suggest anyone taking delivery now or in the next few days to hold off till your dealer's sales event. $750+ in your pocket is always better than in someone elses.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:18 PM
qais
1st Gear
Here's the link to the MINI USA site that lists every dealership and the date on which they are holding the "Not Normal Sales Event."

http://www.miniusa.com/event/rsvpred...=nnse_hp_panel

Hey Jeff, I'm going to ask my MA about Braman's event, and about the $750 rebate. If you do as well, let us know what they tell you.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Miami Beach Jeff
1st Gear
Here's the link to the MINI USA site that lists every dealership and the date on which they are holding the "Not Normal Sales Event."

http://www.miniusa.com/event/rsvpred...=nnse_hp_panel

Hey Jeff, I'm going to ask my MA about Braman's event, and about the $750 rebate. If you do as well, let us know what they tell you.
I will. I just rsvp'd for the event. Where does it mention a $750 rebate?

Old 10-05-2012, 06:32 PM
RichieA
Neutral
Originally Posted by youngdoc
My dealer called today and my Mini has arrived! I'm picking it up on Saturday, once all the dealer add-ons are complete. This will likely be one of my last visits to this thread - PM me if I can help, otherwise thanks for the company during the waiting and I will see you all in some of the other owner threads!
When you get there on Saturday, inquire about the $750 rebate

Old 10-05-2012, 06:54 PM
ajrdu
2nd Gear
Ordered 07.27.2012. Delivered 10.05.2012. I picked up Buckley this afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-image-4228657905.jpg  
Old 10-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ajrdu
Ordered 07.27.2012. Delivered 10.05.2012. I picked up Buckley this afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring
Very nice!

Old 10-05-2012, 07:47 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Our Not so normal Sale Event is tomorrow so once my baby is here and the few things the dealer needs to install she's mine....

Old 10-05-2012, 08:01 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
Connected MA today, while my Mini arrived in the states it should be approximately another week before it arrives at the dealer, the event is also on the 13th so as long as I take delivery after the event I will receive the incentive in addition to any other programs. Each dealer may have different qualifications, this I have noticed by following everything from sales, program and service. This will be my third Mini and I have always felt I have been treated very well.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:10 PM
qais
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Miami Beach Jeff
I will. I just rsvp'd for the event. Where does it mention a $750 rebate?
It doesn't mention it explicitly since, as PW Baker Street just said, each dealership has different programs, but they do mention an "incentive." I only know about the $750 from people's posts in this thread.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:30 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
MA confirmed it was $750, but I have not seen this posted anywhere else. In addition it was made very clear you MUST attend the dealer event. Dates are different at each dealer.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:10 PM
qais
1st Gear
RichieA and a few others posted about a $750 rebate a few posts above. My only concern with this sale event, is keeping my MINI at the dealership any longer than it has to. A few months ago I went there for a test drive, and my (future) MA gave me a JCW Coupe that had just arrived and was waiting for its owner who was scheduled to pick it up later that same day. Now although I like to preserve the life of any car I drive...... this was a test drive for a JCW, so I may have driven slightly aggressively. Long story short - I don't want my MINI driven by a stranger looking for a test drive

Old 10-06-2012, 04:26 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
RichieA and a few others posted about a $750 rebate a few posts above. My only concern with this sale event, is keeping my MINI at the dealership any longer than it has to. A few months ago I went there for a test drive, and my (future) MA gave me a JCW Coupe that had just arrived and was waiting for its owner who was scheduled to pick it up later that same day. Now although I like to preserve the life of any car I drive...... this was a test drive for a JCW, so I may have driven slightly aggressively. Long story short - I don't want my MINI driven by a stranger looking for a test drive
Wow I would be pissed if my new car was used on a test drive. That just isn't right. I have never had a new car with 10 miles or more....i.e. just delivery mileage.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:40 AM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by RichieA
Well, my baby arrived at the dealer last Saturday and I scheduled my pickup for this past Wednesday. By the powers that be, I received an email from MINI that Tuesday night alerting me to the upcoming MINI October sales event. I went to my dealer on Wednesday morning with check in hand and my baby in sight when I inquired about the rebate program and asked if I qualified. He told me yes, but I would have to wait till 10/13 to take delivery. The rebate is $750 + tax that I would save. Woooo hoooo!!! I figured, I waited 2 months what's another 10 days. And the over $800 I'm saving pays my gas for the next 6 months. Pretty sweet!!! I suggest anyone taking delivery now or in the next few days to hold off till your dealer's sales event. $750+ in your pocket is always better than in someone elses.
Oh my, I don't know if I'd be able to wait... $750??? Dear Hubby would make me though..

Old 10-06-2012, 04:54 AM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Me either. As soon as my MA says my MINI arrives I'm camping out on their door step until it's time for me to take possession...

Old 10-06-2012, 05:09 AM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by babsmike

Me either. As soon as my MA says my MINI arrives I'm camping out on their door step until it's time for me to take possession...
My dealership is having the event on the 27th. With our move and everything there is no way I could wait. As it is I will be flying in on the 19th and the dealership is picking me up at the hotel on the 20th to get Molly.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:25 AM
Miami Beach Jeff
1st Gear
If the $750 Rebate is a dealer funded incentive, then they'll likely tell me I already got more than that off the sticker. Since there seems to be nothing about this rebate on the Mini site, I'm thinking it could be a dealer funded incentive. On an other note, when I went to purchase the car, they had a highgate S convertible on the lot, but it was sold and the MA took the keys off the board so it couldn't be used for a test drive. So, I think you can tell your MA to not let it be used for a test drive. They seem to have some authority over the car once it is sold.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:39 AM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the $750 Rebate is a dealer funded incentive, then they'll likely tell me I already got more than that off the sticker. Since there seems to be nothing about this rebate on the Mini site, I'm thinking it could be a dealer funded incentive. On an other note, when I went to purchase the car, they had a highgate S convertible on the lot, but it was sold and the MA took the keys off the board so it couldn't be used for a test drive. So, I think you can tell your MA to not let it be used for a test drive. They seem to have some authority over the car once it is sold.
It's on the MINI USA site right now. I read that it's a factoy rebate, but I don't know it for sure. If the dealer is still getting the $750, I would think they would be happy to let you use it...

Old 10-06-2012, 06:40 AM
Gluhwein
4th Gear
What the .....? It looks like the Don Juan is already just off the coast of Nova Scotia (according to Sailwx.info). Same latitude as Canso Harbour. About 200 NM from Halifax and it's still 3 days from reaching port? Are they doing the scenic coastline route? I'm guessing the port is really busy and they're gonna have to wait to unload. Since I need to wait until at least next Saturday's event to get my $750 discount, it's no biggee, but good Lord, that is one slow boat!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Miami Beach Jeff
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Denzien
It's on the MINI USA site right now. I read that it's a factoy rebate, but I don't know it for sure. If the dealer is still getting the $750, I would think they would be happy to let you use it...
Where do you see the $750 on the mini site? I don't see it. The only $750 incentive I can find is for Mini Select Financing, which is specific to using this form of financing.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Where do you see the $750 on the mini site? I don't see it. The only $750 incentive I can find is for Mini Select Financing, which is specific to using this form of financing.
Per my MA the $750 is a factory incentive.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:30 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone received their 2013 JCW Hardtop yet?

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group