1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:27 AM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jacksongls
Owners Lounge ETA at dealership says 10/15, which is next Monday. But my MA said she estimates it will be at the dealership "late next week". So we'll soon see how much difference there is on OL ETA and MA ETA.
Just checked my ETA online and it also says October 15 my actual birthday. Bummed I can't get it then.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jacksongls
Owners Lounge ETA at dealership says 10/15, which is next Monday. But my MA said she estimates it will be at the dealership "late next week". So we'll soon see how much difference there is on OL ETA and MA ETA.
I'll be curious to know how long it takes for your car to get from the port to the dealer, if you have that info

Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Aloisius
2nd Gear
Anyone know how long it takes to get from Port Hueneme to the Bay Area? I bought mine at MINI of Marin. I figured maybe a week to unload, get through customs and then drive up?

Old 10-11-2012, 10:54 AM
BJM
3rd Gear
My MINI was suppose to dock in NJ today. OL and AskMINI are still saying in transit.....

Old 10-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Aloisius
2nd Gear
The ASK-MINI robot says my car is scheduled for production with no confirmed production date, OL says my car is waiting for transport and WW says my car was loaded onto the ship and is somewhere in the Atlantic.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I think if you have your VIN, the WW website is the most upto date and accurate. If you are on one of their boats that is.

My car was off-loaded last Friday...I have heard nothing since. My salesman seems to be more MIA then MA this week!

Old 10-11-2012, 11:14 AM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
The Fidelio is supposed to be going through the Panama Canal right about now but I haven't seen it on the Canal cam yet Though actually, it is possible that I do see it in the distance right now http://www.pancanal.com/common/multi...flores-hi.html

Old 10-11-2012, 11:46 AM
TX JCW
2nd Gear
[QUOTE=BJM;3606068]My MINI was suppose to dock in NJ today. OL and AskMINI are still saying in transit.....

Both are usually a day or two behind. Mine docked on Monday, and finally showed on OL at the VDC this morning, but the AskMINI went backwards and said it is at the port. I think they enjoy making people crazy with all the different information.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:49 AM
TX JCW
2nd Gear
Anyone know how the $750 works? Is it a cash rebate, or can you put it towards the price of the car? I'm holding off a few days to take advantage of it (OL gives ETA of the 15th, MA says 17th, sale is on the 20th).

Old 10-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Miami Beach Jeff
1st Gear
Originally Posted by TX JCW
Anyone know how the $750 works? Is it a cash rebate, or can you put it towards the price of the car? I'm holding off a few days to take advantage of it (OL gives ETA of the 15th, MA says 17th, sale is on the 20th).
This is what I undertand: It's an actual certificate that can be used towards the purchase of a new Mini. It is 100% funded by MINI and not part of the dealer's profit on the car. You must attend a Not Normal Sales Event and register on-site for the certificate. The certificate can only be used on cars delivered between that day and some expiration date (I hear it's a December 2012 date). I'm going to the one at my dealer in Miami on October 18th. My MA confirmed I can use the certificate for my car, which is now at the VDC in Brunswick, GA. I can't pick up the car before getting the certificate.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Miami Beach Jeff
1st Gear
Originally Posted by BJM
My MINI was suppose to dock in NJ today. OL and AskMINI are still saying in transit.....

It takes about two days for the Mini OL to update.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:19 PM
TX JCW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Miami Beach Jeff
This is what I undertand: It's an actual certificate that can be used towards the purchase of a new Mini. It is 100% funded by MINI and not part of the dealer's profit on the car. You must attend a Not Normal Sales Event and register on-site for the certificate. The certificate can only be used on cars delivered between that day and some expiration date (I hear it's a December 2012 date). I'm going to the one at my dealer in Miami on October 18th. My MA confirmed I can use the certificate for my car, which is now at the VDC in Brunswick, GA. I can't pick up the car before getting the certificate.

Very helpful info! Thank you so much.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Captain45
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Miami Beach Jeff

One thing to note. I spoke with my MA adviser today, he said I am eligible for the Not So normal $750 rebate, however I did already receive a $500 preferred customer discount when I ordered....they are not stackable so I will only receive the higher discounted one.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:40 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Captain45
One thing to note. I spoke with my MA adviser today, he said I am eligible for the Not So normal $750 rebate, however I did already receive a $500 preferred customer discount when I ordered....they are not stackable so I will only receive the higher discounted one.
Wow, my MA is allowing me to use both...

Old 10-11-2012, 02:53 PM
shmini
2nd Gear
My Bayswater MINI arrived at the Port of Baltimore October 4th. As of yesterday, it hadn't yet left the VDC. So I called up my MA and joked about how much damage they must be repairing for it to take so long.

No joke. Today the VDC emailed the sales manager to tell him the roof and windshield were smashed and there was too much damage to sell the car.

Now I have to reorder something. Wondering if this is just a sign telling me not to get the Bayswater. :-)

Old 10-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Slowride1
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by shmini
My Bayswater MINI arrived at the Port of Baltimore October 4th. As of yesterday, it hadn't yet left the VDC. So I called up my MA and joked about how much damage they must be repairing for it to take so long.

No joke. Today the VDC emailed the sales manager to tell him the roof and windshield were smashed and there was too much damage to sell the car.

Now I have to reorder something. Wondering if this is just a sign telling me not to get the Bayswater. :-)
Sorry to hear this! Hopefully your dealer will give you a decent discount if you order another one.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:16 PM
CA_cath
1st Gear

That's awful! I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope they put a new car into production for you ASAP! Discounted too, of course :-)

Old 10-11-2012, 03:18 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear

Wow, that's horrible. Your dealer should compensate you big time if you have to reorder....

Old 10-11-2012, 03:22 PM
qais
1st Gear

Oh my God... That's horrible. Yeah I do hope they give you a discount or something, you should aggressively ask for one whether you re-order or take one from their stock. Keep us updated.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:34 PM
shmini
2nd Gear
Thanks for all the sympathy about my smashed up Bayswater.

My dealer gave me such a FANTASTIC deal on it, I couldn't ask for even more if I re-order.

I went around and around for months before deciding on the Bayswater. It was that or a JCW. So maybe this means I should get the JCW now! What the dealer will give me for the trouble is the same FANTASTIC deal on a JCW. ( not the same price, of course, but the same % off...which was substantial. )

Old 10-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

My dealer gave me such a FANTASTIC deal on it, I couldn't ask for even more if I re-order.

I went around and around for months before deciding on the Bayswater. It was that or a JCW. So maybe this means I should get the JCW now! What the dealer will give me for the trouble is the same FANTASTIC deal on a JCW. ( not the same price, of course, but the same % off...which was substantial. )
Well that blows. And now you have me worried...my Bayswater is still at the VDC as far as I can tell....

Old 10-11-2012, 03:57 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the JCW! Sorry about your loss :(

Old 10-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Beti
1st Gear
Originally Posted by MollyBrown
Just checked my ETA online and it also says October 15 my actual birthday. Bummed I can't get it then.
I was hoping to have my roadster by mine on the 23rd. It'll be close enough to call it a swell, if slightly belated, present!

Old 10-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh man - I guess I had better wait for mine to come in before selling my current car (and renting).

Sorry to hear about the Bayswater I love that package.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:54 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Stu
I think if you have your VIN, the WW website is the most upto date and accurate. If you are on one of their boats that is.

My car was off-loaded last Friday...I have heard nothing since. My salesman seems to be more MIA then MA this week!
Stu, I believe you were also on the Topeka, on Wednesday my MA said my Mini had been release to a carrier, giving me an ETA from NJ to Buffalo of Friday. Maybe that gives you some insight.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group