1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Beti
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ukpylot
The Fidelio is supposed to be going through the Panama Canal right about now but I haven't seen it on the Canal cam yet Though actually, it is possible that I do see it in the distance right now http://www.pancanal.com/common/multi...flores-hi.html
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=SLKR still shows the Fidelio a ways out from Panama.

I read in someone's post that it was due to go the the canal today, too, but it seems to be delayed. At least we know our four-wheeled friends are enjoying delightful weather on their trip: less than one foot seas, wind at 18 knots, 82 degrees. I'm sorry I'm not riding along!

Old 10-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by PW Baker Street

Stu, I believe you were also on the Topeka, on Wednesday my MA said my Mini had been release to a carrier, giving me an ETA from NJ to Buffalo of Friday. Maybe that gives you some insight.
Yes I was on the Topeka. I'm sure it's fine but I'm bumming out thinking about re-ordering! I'm also keen to rest my current car. I'm 900 miles from its next service and I want to wait until the Spring. I'll have to call my MA tomorrow.

Old 10-11-2012, 05:36 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by BJM
My MINI was suppose to dock in NJ today. OL and AskMINI are still saying in transit.....

BJM, The Don Juan has docking at the first pier, if you check the WW site there are two stops in NY, NJ the second pier is for vehicles. Within a few hours of off loading the WW site updates then within 24 hours Miniusa updated to at VDC.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:29 PM
nerferder
2nd Gear
Old 10-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Captain45
1st Gear
Originally Posted by shmini
My Bayswater MINI arrived at the Port of Baltimore October 4th. As of yesterday, it hadn't yet left the VDC. So I called up my MA and joked about how much damage they must be repairing for it to take so long.

No joke. Today the VDC emailed the sales manager to tell him the roof and windshield were smashed and there was too much damage to sell the car.

Now I have to reorder something. Wondering if this is just a sign telling me not to get the Bayswater. :-)

What the hell did they do to it? Drop another Mini on top of it?

Old 10-11-2012, 07:41 PM
qais
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Captain45
What the hell did they do to it? Drop another Mini on top of it?
Maybe he had the Helipad roof...
Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by shmini
Thanks for all the sympathy about my smashed up Bayswater.

My dealer gave me such a FANTASTIC deal on it, I couldn't ask for even more if I re-order.

I went around and around for months before deciding on the Bayswater. It was that or a JCW. So maybe this means I should get the JCW now! What the dealer will give me for the trouble is the same FANTASTIC deal on a JCW. ( not the same price, of course, but the same % off...which was substantial. )
You are much nicer than I am. Once I stopped crying I'd probably be demanding someone's head! Ok that might be extreme but you are so calm about it. But IMHO they really should give you something xtra for not being an *** about it!

Old 10-12-2012, 04:45 AM
LeeG
1st Gear
Our Bayswater

Damn shmini, sorry to hear about your Mini mishap. After waiting nearly 2.5 months to get ours in, I would have been steaming to hear that my car was damaged like that.

We got the kite blue metalic, it changes shades a bit depending on the light. It goes from a light almost baby blue to a darker blue. We love it, gonna get alot of speeding tickets in it After my wife returns from work, I'll try to take some better pics and some interior pics of nav and stuff.

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-img_0474.jpg   "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-img_0476.jpg  
Old 10-12-2012, 05:05 AM
Slowride1
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by LeeG
Damn shmini, sorry to hear about your Mini mishap. After waiting nearly 2.5 months to get ours in, I would have been steaming to hear that my car was damaged like that.

We got the kite blue metalic, it changes shades a bit depending on the light. It goes from a light almost baby blue to a darker blue. We love it, gonna get alot of speeding tickets in it After my wife returns from work, I'll try to take some better pics and some interior pics of nav and stuff.
CONGRATS!!! Nice looking mini!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:30 AM
Qwik
1st Gear
Trying again

Here's my Domino. Messed up my photo upload the first time!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:49 AM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Beti
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...html?call=SLKR still shows the Fidelio a ways out from Panama.

I read in someone's post that it was due to go the the canal today, too, but it seems to be delayed. At least we know our four-wheeled friends are enjoying delightful weather on their trip: less than one foot seas, wind at 18 knots, 82 degrees. I'm sorry I'm not riding along!
Sailwx last updated the position 24 hours ago so I believe the ship is well on its way up the Pacific. In fact, the WW website shows that it left Panama today. Next stop California (though how it takes them 8 days to get there I don't know, don't the cruise ships do it in less?).

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-panama.jpg  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Beti
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ukpylot
Sailwx last updated the position 24 hours ago so I believe the ship is well on its way up the Pacific. In fact, the WW website shows that it left Panama today. Next stop California (though how it takes them 8 days to get there I don't know, don't the cruise ships do it in less?).
I'm sure you're right. Sailwx was updating about every 6-8 hours while it was crossing the Atlantic. Not so much now. I looked at the Panama Cams late last night but only saw the Kalypso going through. I'm sure the Fidelio is well on it's way north with our cars!

Old 10-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
MA told me Monday the car will get to him. That's over a week to go about 50 miles from the VDC...do I smell damage repair or were they waiting for a few more cars to transport at the same time?

Either way, I guess I don't have an excuse NOT to go to the Not Normal event tomorrow and get my $750... Had my car been ready sooner I think I would have just gone and got it and not waited!

Old 10-12-2012, 09:44 AM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
This $750 thing is driving me mad. I live 140 miles from the dealer but work just 10 miles away. So tonight I will go home and if I want the voucher I'll have to drive all the way back tomorrow and then home again. Not sure I can face it but 750 is 750! Though with my current MINI falling apart, another 400 miles might actually cost me that much in repairs before my new one arrives.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:00 AM
qais
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Stu
MA told me Monday the car will get to him. That's over a week to go about 50 miles from the VDC...do I smell damage repair or were they waiting for a few more cars to transport at the same time?

Either way, I guess I don't have an excuse NOT to go to the Not Normal event tomorrow and get my $750... Had my car been ready sooner I think I would have just gone and got it and not waited!
I don't know what exactly they do at the VDC, but they don't sit around and wait to be transported. I do know they perform a final inspection, and you're probably right about transporting more cars at the same time. Most of us got an ETA of 1 week after they arrive at the VDC, probably some will be longer (hope not me )

As for the sale, my dealer's event is on the 18th, and to be honest I know 750 is a lot and I don't want to sound immature, but I will definitely not let my MINI sit at the dealer more than 1 or 2 days after I've waited this long. I have other reasons like I will need my brother to take me to work since I don't have a car at all now, but even without that reason I wouldn't wait.

I also previously said I didn't want to leave my MINI at the dealer because I fear they might allow people to test drive it, since I test drove someone else's car before they picked it up. People mentioned that this shouldn't happen and dealers never allow it. Well I just realized that I was buying a JCW and my dealer didn't have any at all in stock. The one I drove was even a coupe while I'm getting a hardtop. So it may be under those circumstances that my MA let me drive it, or let someone else drive my car.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
I know the VDC do minor repairs to cars damaged during transport too...that makes me a bit nervous.

UKPYLOT and QAIS: I feel the same way about the $750 and leaving my new car at the dealer. I have a car that needs servicing in 900 miles and probably a rear set of tires (about $1200 for the tires alone). I want to do this in the Spring and so want the Mini ASAP so I can use my current car for the odd fun weekend outing if it's not snowing. So to do a 2+ hr plus round trip and putting more miles on the car doesn't seem appealing. That said $750 is a lot of cash.

But I plan to lease this car...so I was going to justify not waiting because the residual is over 50%.... in reality the discount would only save me about $350 over three years.

However, if someone offered me $350 (+6% sales tax!) to spend 2 hours in my car I would jump at it.....so as it stands I am going to head there tomorrow!

Old 10-12-2012, 10:43 AM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
It looks like Molly has cleared the VDC the robot says she is in transit and to contact the dealer for more info. Of course we have All ready made plans for weekend of the 20th and I am going to be crazy busy till then. I will post pictures when I get her. I will look forward to checking in and seeing all her shipmates pictures also.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:56 AM
klsmith5
2nd Gear
not normal sale

Has anyone received a voucher yet. There seems to be some confusion at my dealer regarding getting a voucher on a car that has been ordered. My car just went into production and should be here mid-November. Since this is a factory incentive it should be a pass through to the customer.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:20 PM
CA_cath
1st Gear
Originally Posted by klsmith5
Has anyone received a voucher yet. There seems to be some confusion at my dealer regarding getting a voucher on a car that has been ordered. My car just went into production and should be here mid-November. Since this is a factory incentive it should be a pass through to the customer.
I'm going to the event tomorrow and was told I'd get a voucher then. I'll update when I have it in my hot little hands. My car just completed production so my timeline is about the Sam as yours.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:31 PM
klsmith5
2nd Gear
Thanks...I'm in So. Ca. and going to event tomorrow also. Completion is on the 10/19.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:33 PM
CA_cath
1st Gear
Originally Posted by klsmith5
Thanks...I'm in So. Ca. and going to event tomorrow also. Completion is on the 10/19.
I'm in Northern CA so we'll be on the same ship! :-)

Old 10-12-2012, 12:59 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Stopped in and talked with my MA this morning. He called the VDC to check on my car. They told him that there were 2200 cars on the California Highway and that it will take a little longer than normal to process them. My 8 weeks from order date is this Tuesday.

I received my voucher via e-mail which is the way I asked them to send it when I signed in at the Not So Normal event.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:15 PM
TX JCW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by babsmike
Stopped in and talked with my MA this morning. He called the VDC to check on my car. They told him that there were 2200 cars on the California Highway and that it will take a little longer than normal to process them. My 8 weeks from order date is this Tuesday.

I received my voucher via e-mail which is the way I asked them to send it when I signed in at the Not So Normal event.
Was there another option? I was told it would be emailed within 24-48 hours.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:22 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TX JCW
Was there another option? I was told it would be emailed within 24-48 hours.
The way I had to sign in was on my MA's computer and at the end it asked did I want it sent via e-mail or I believe the other option was snail mail. I didn't get the e-mail until yesterday so it took 5 days to get to me.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:28 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MollyBrown
It looks like Molly has cleared the VDC the robot says she is in transit and to contact the dealer for more info. Of course we have All ready made plans for weekend of the 20th and I am going to be crazy busy till then. I will post pictures when I get her. I will look forward to checking in and seeing all her shipmates pictures also.
That's awesome! My Robot is still telling me I'm at the port waiting for a vessel. My MA assures me that it's in Brunswick.

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group