1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Went to event today. You need to register then wait for email certificate to get the $750. This can take a few days but you need to wait before picking up your car.

Incidentally, my car arrived at the dealer at 7:05 this morning but I didn't get to see it.

Last edited by Stu; 10-13-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:23 PM
mikeythemars
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I put in an order for my 2013 MINI last Thursday and returned to the dealership today to get registered for the rebate. My advisor told me to either bring it back when I get it, mail it to him or even forward the email so he can apply it to my order (which even though I've already put down a deposit I don't believe is finalized until it is sent to and signed by the sales manager).

Also, I don't know if the dealer is gong to want me to come in again to go through the standard finance manager spiel before they place the order (my advisor knows this a cash purchase, so perhaps not).

I was also told Thursday that my dealer allocation is so full that I am not seeing delivery until sometime in January at the earliest (and possibly even February). I don't know if that has anything to do with what I'm ordering (an S convertible); the delivery time seems very long compared to what else I've been reading in this thread!

Old 10-13-2012, 12:34 PM
aleclee
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
Mine came in on the same ship. Where do you live? I'm in Phx, and mine arrives next Tue.
I'm in Denver.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mikeythemars
I put in an order for my 2013 MINI last Thursday and returned to the dealership today to get registered for the rebate. My advisor told me to either bring it back when I get it, mail it to him or even forward the email so he can apply it to my order (which even though I've already put down a deposit I don't believe is finalized until it is sent to and signed by the sales manager).

Also, I don't know if the dealer is gong to want me to come in again to go through the standard finance manager spiel before they place the order (my advisor knows this a cash purchase, so perhaps not).

I was also told Thursday that my dealer allocation is so full that I am not seeing delivery until sometime in January at the earliest (and possibly even February). I don't know if that has anything to do with what I'm ordering (an S convertible); the delivery time seems very long compared to what else I've been reading in this thread!
I've been seeing 6 month waits on the R57 in the UK. Mine went into production within a week of ordering it. I have heard they are drastically decreasing the production numbers. I've been told its because this is the last year they are being produced. I've also been told its to artificially drive up the price before summer demand starts. In other words I don't think anyone knows what's going on.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:00 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear

Make sure you check with your MA. My $750 coupon states the purchase has to be made by January. What color did you order. Mine is the Chili Red.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:05 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Have we confirmed that these vouchers can be used on cars already ordered?
I think it's depending on the dealership. My MA said it's supposed to be for new orders or purchases but he got the approval to honor it on existing orders. Love my MA. He's been awesome.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:14 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Okay, I've been away from the site for a few hours and just now getting caught up on all the new post. First I want to say congrats to everyone who's MINI's were on the California Highway with mine, that's gotten word their mini's are either at the dealership or arriving in the next few days. Second, mine is still at the VDC in Brunswick. My MA checks twice a day for updates and nothing yet. When he called yesterday morning, they told him it wasn't on any damaged list and that it's waiting for a truck to transport. I'm feeling very left out since you all are getting yours.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:58 PM
qais
1st Gear

My MINI is a cash purchase as well, and I have not returned to the dealer since I placed the order. MA just took my deposit and placed the order. There's not much to discuss with a finance manager. Next time I go is to sign the paperwork and pick up the car.

As for that ridiculous waiting time, if you are sure it's the dealer allocation like you said, can you try ordering through another dealer or something? The group of customers I know from this thread had a delivery time of around 8 weeks or more (especially if they live in California, or ordered during the August factory shut-down). From what I can see the factory is definitely having trouble delivering the usual "6-8 weeks" time frame. But what you are talking about is 3 or 4 months if it's February, and there's something very wrong with that.
Originally Posted by babsmike
When he called yesterday morning, they told him it wasn't on any damaged list and that it's waiting for a truck to transport. I'm feeling very left out since you all are getting yours.
Don't feel bad quite yet, mine is also still at the VDC even though it was released for transport. If I remember correctly only a couple cars have actually left. I'm hopeful you get similar news tomorrow.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:51 PM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Luckyelfie
I've been seeing 6 month waits on the R57 in the UK. Mine went into production within a week of ordering it. I have heard they are drastically decreasing the production numbers. I've been told its because this is the last year they are being produced. I've also been told its to artificially drive up the price before summer demand starts. In other words I don't think anyone knows what's going on.
Wow, where did you find this info? I guess I'm lucky mine is built and waiting to be shipped!

Old 10-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Aloisius
2nd Gear
My dealer said they'd honor it. The incentive is from Mini so it's not coming out of the dealers pocket.
My MA told me that last year they had a stipulation that said it couldn't be used for existing orders. When I contacted him a week ago asking if it could apply, he searched it and it didn't contain the clause this year. So he called up everyone who had a mini on order to come over today.

Hopefully they have my email address written down properly!

Last edited by Aloisius; 10-13-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:24 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone here get get clear bra option? What did you pay?
Greg

Old 10-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Greg
I'd love to know this too. Had an independent quote of $450

Old 10-13-2012, 07:45 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear

I'd love to know this too. Had an independent quote of $450
Dealer quoted $850, and independent quoted $450.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:49 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Greg
Okay, what is this? I'm clueless...

Old 10-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I decided against the clear bra on my Porsche because the stone chip repair was cheaper than having the protective film applied.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:21 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear

Okay, what is this? I'm clueless...
It's a thin 3M film that covers the front of your car to prevent rock chips in the paint.

Old 10-13-2012, 08:59 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Greg
Is this product worth it, does it work? Is paint chipping a problem withthe mini?

Old 10-13-2012, 09:10 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear

Is this product worth it, does it work? Is paint chipping a problem withthe mini?
From what I read rock chips on the front are pretty common. I guess it's a combination of design and the newer more enviromentaly friendly paints. The bra will also keep your lights clear.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:18 PM
mikeythemars
1st Gear
Make sure you check with your MA. My $750 coupon states the purchase has to be made by January. What color did you order. Mine is the Chili Red.
I did discuss with my MA whether the I could apply the coupon to my purchase when we were finalizing the order last Thursday. He said yes and actually included the $750 credit on the order. Also, the woman today from MINI who registered me for the coupon knew I had already placed an order and put down a deposit and said that would not impact my using the coupon.

My order is for a MINI in Lighting Blue.

As for this supposedly being the last year for the R57, has anyone else heard that?

Old 10-13-2012, 09:19 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Stu
Went to event today. You need to register then wait for email certificate to get the $750. This can take a few days but you need to wait before picking up your car.

Incidentally, my car arrived at the dealer at 7:05 this morning but I didn't get to see it.
Stu, went the event today, was hoping see my Mini as it should have delivered by now. The carrier was a no show, so Monday should be the day. some prep work and I should be set for a Tuesday night, Wednesday delivery pending the incentive, which I have been told you should be getting.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:26 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
I have decided to go ahead with the clear bra, this will be my third Mini, no only have chips been an issue, but I have also replaced windowshields on both previous Mini's.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:35 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear

I did discuss with my MA whether the I could apply the coupon to my purchase when we were finalizing the order last Thursday. He said yes and actually included the $750 credit on the order. Also, the woman today from MINI who registered me for the coupon knew I had already placed an order and put down a deposit and said that would not impact my using the coupon.

As for this supposedly being the last year for the R57, has anyone else heard that?
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...ws?redirect=no

Old 10-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Old 10-13-2012, 10:01 PM
qais
1st Gear

As Luckyelfie is pointing to, there will be a new generation of MINIs starting in 2014. This will generally mean the "R5-" model names will all change since they signify which generation your MINI is from. For example, R52 was the 1st gen Convertible while the one you are buying is R57. The MINIs currently being produced are the second generation.

As for the clear bra, I'm not worried about chips being an issue. I've been around my best friend's MINI for 3 years and my brother's 2 BMW's for 5 years, and this is the first time I hear about this issue. Unless MINIs have a prolblem that I am unaware of, I think it definitely depends on where you live and will differ from person to person. As for cracked windshields, it's definitely a general issue for many cars. Before I moved to the US I had 3/5 family cars need new windshields, but 0/4 cars since I moved here 5 years ago.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:16 PM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by PW Baker Street
I have decided to go ahead with the clear bra, this will be my third Mini, no only have chips been an issue, but I have also replaced windowshields on both previous Mini's.
Yes, of my two MINIs I've had 7 windscreens, two of which I had to pay for myself :( And right now the screen is cracked but I just can't care any more. Part of the joys of owning a MINI.

And as for you people stressing over a day or two's delay picking up your MINI, as I enter the 10th week of waiting of mine I have only one thing to say!!! :-)

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group