1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Scamp
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea!!! I received my production number today.

I can now join all of you in obsessively tracking Dover from build to delivery. Happy.

Oops, not so happy after all. According to the MINI website my build # is for a "Pepper White 2013 MINI Cooper S Hardtop" Definitely not what I ordered.

No real worries though, we are certainly well within the window to fix that right? Once I am finally on the owners site can I track exactly what options my MA sent them?

Old 10-16-2012, 03:57 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Scamp

I can now join all of you in obsessively tracking Dover from build to delivery. Happy.

Oops, not so happy after all. According to the MINI website my build # is for a "Pepper White 2013 MINI Cooper S Hardtop" Definitely not what I ordered.

No real worries though, we are certainly well within the window to fix that right? Once I am finally on the owners site can I track exactly what options my MA sent them?
Welcome! And don't worry, it takes a few days for the OL to update with your MINI's info. If you've got a production number you can also track through the Robot. From experience, they both usually run behind on updating. So try not to get frustrated. Keep in touch with your MA as well.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Scamp
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by babsmike
Welcome! And don't worry, it takes a few days for the OL to update with your MINI's info. If you've got a production number you can also track through the Robot. From experience, they both usually run behind on updating. So try not to get frustrated. Keep in touch with your MA as well.
Yeah, clearly not time to panic just yet.... I'm working with my MA on this so I expect it will be resolved soon.

Old 10-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Beti
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Scamp

In the brginning the Owners Lounge repeatedly changed the paint color for my roadster. I'd log in and see Mellow Yellow, log out, log back in and see Pepper White. It finally settled itself and has shown Pepper White for the last few weeks.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Scamp
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Beti
In the brginning the Owners Lounge repeatedly changed the paint color for my roadster. I'd log in and see Mellow Yellow, log out, log back in and see Pepper White. It finally settled itself and has shown Pepper White for the last few weeks.
Interesting, I wonder if that implies they are hijacking MINI's already scheduled for production to make ours.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:33 PM
jacksongls
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's exactly what it means, see the how to track your mini thread

Old 10-16-2012, 07:07 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Looks like my new JCW will arrive tomorrow at the dealer, get tinted, then pick up Thu!

Old 10-16-2012, 07:08 PM
LOVESEXY
1st Gear
Officially joining this thread!!!! Finalized my order today for my 2013 JCW Countryman. Woo Hoo! Now the wait begins....

Final Config (after many a revision...):
Absolute Black body and rooftop
Polar beige Leather and Color Line
Steptronic Automatic
MINI Connected with Nav
Moonroof
Xenon
Chrome Interior and Mirror Caps
Rear headrest DVD system to be dealer installed
and lots more goodies!

I have my eye on some striping but will wait until delivery to finalize.

I look forward to joining everyone in hoping our new MINIs arrive by Christmas! I also hope to join the local DFW MINI group once my new ride arrives.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:09 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by LOVESEXY
Officially joining this thread!!!! Finalized my order today for my 2013 JCW Countryman. Woo Hoo! Now the wait begins....

Final Config (after many a revision...):
Absolute Black body and rooftop
Polar beige Leather and Color Line
Steptronic Automatic
MINI Connected with Nav
Moonroof
Xenon
Chrome Interior and Mirror Caps
Rear headrest DVD system to be dealer installed
and lots more goodies!

I have my eye on some striping but will wait until delivery to finalize.

I look forward to joining everyone in hoping our new MINIs arrive by Christmas! I also hope to join the local DFW MINI group once my new ride arrives.
Going ***** out on a JCW, good for you!

Old 10-16-2012, 07:10 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
Just checked the status of my Mini on Miniusa, system states at distribution center, but I just checked, yep it's in my driveway. Have enjoyed my time tracking, following my Mini's production and transport, now I guess it is time to motor on. everyone enjoy, best wishes.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:30 PM
BJM
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by PW Baker Street
Just checked the status of my Mini on Miniusa, system states at distribution center, but I just checked, yep it's in my driveway. Have enjoyed my time tracking, following my Mini's production and transport, now I guess it is time to motor on. everyone enjoy, best wishes.
Pics or you're not allowed to leave.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:06 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
Looks like my new JCW will arrive tomorrow at the dealer, get tinted, then pick up Thu!
Awesome! Happy Motoring! How much are they charging for the tenting? I'm thinking about getting it for mine.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:06 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by babsmike

awesome! Happy motoring! How much are they charging for the tenting? I'm thinking about getting it for mine.
$399

Old 10-16-2012, 08:10 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
Pictures please...

Old 10-16-2012, 08:25 PM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
So my dealer messed up the Not Normal event. MINI USA said the event was the 13th, my dealer said it was the 20th and to ignore the USA site. At the last minute HQ told them they had to have it on the 13th and so a lot of people who registered never showed up thinking it was next weekend. Bottom line, a lot of people aren't getting the 750.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BJM
Pics or you're not allowed to leave.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:32 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
I will get pictures up as soon as possible, long days at work make it hard to get pictures during day light.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ukpylot
So my dealer messed up the Not Normal event. MINI USA said the event was the 13th, my dealer said it was the 20th and to ignore the USA site. At the last minute HQ told them they had to have it on the 13th and so a lot of people who registered never showed up thinking it was next weekend. Bottom line, a lot of people aren't getting the 750.
I would damn well insist on them honoring the $750! Of course it would all be bluff, couldn't walk away from my baby this close to the end. I hope others aren't as emotionally invested as I am.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:36 PM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Luckyelfie
I hope others aren't as emotionally invested as I am.
We all are. And they know it :(

ukpylot: is there another MINI dealer within $750 worth of gasoline that hasn't had their event yet?

Old 10-16-2012, 08:55 PM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Denzien
We all are. And they know it :(

ukpylot: is there another MINI dealer within $750 worth of gasoline that hasn't had their event yet?
Vegas has theirs this weekend but that's a 10 hr round trip, not to mention gambling losses lol. Going to see if my dealer can't still do something. I already negotiated $850 off msrp so I'm already doing pretty well.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:28 PM
ooogly
1st Gear
So jealous of everyone waiting for their Minis!

I'm in the middle of negotiations with a handful of dealers, but they all seem to be giving me contradictory info on the 2013 countryman S

Dealer 1: they told me if i order a countryman now it would have to be a 2012 because 2013 wont be in production until February '13, but all other dealers i've talked to are ready to place my order for 2013. what does this mean?? They were also the dealer that's given me the best offer off the bat w/o me asking or telling them what I wanted yet ($1500 off msrp) could this be a reason for telling me 2013 aren't in production because they assumed I'd be ordering a 2012?

Dealer 2: offered me $1150 off MSRP for a 2013 model, but she insists that the flat load floor is a $250 requirement for the now standard bench seats. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not? It seems rather ridiculous to me that they'd attach a monetary item requirement to a standard option.

The other dealers i've talked to with lower discounts have the flat load bad listed as "included" but I'm not sure who's right because specs and prices aren't publicly listed anywhere yet.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:56 AM
nerferder
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ooogly
So jealous of everyone waiting for their Minis!

I'm in the middle of negotiations with a handful of dealers, but they all seem to be giving me contradictory info on the 2013 countryman S

Dealer 1: they told me if i order a countryman now it would have to be a 2012 because 2013 wont be in production until February '13, but all other dealers i've talked to are ready to place my order for 2013. what does this mean?? They were also the dealer that's given me the best offer off the bat w/o me asking or telling them what I wanted yet ($1500 off msrp) could this be a reason for telling me 2013 aren't in production because they assumed I'd be ordering a 2012?

Dealer 2: offered me $1150 off MSRP for a 2013 model, but she insists that the flat load floor is a $250 requirement for the now standard bench seats. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not? It seems rather ridiculous to me that they'd attach a monetary item requirement to a standard option.

The other dealers i've talked to with lower discounts have the flat load bad listed as "included" but I'm not sure who's right because specs and prices aren't publicly listed anywhere yet.

All I know is I ordered mine on August 30 and got it at the end of September, and it's a 2013 JCW hardtop. Food for thought

Old 10-17-2012, 03:59 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by nerferder

All I know is I ordered mine on August 30 and got it at the end of September, and it's a 2013 JCW hardtop. Food for thought
Hey nerf, get me excited. What are the top 3-5 things you love most about your JCW? I'm getting mine tomorrow!
Greg

Old 10-17-2012, 05:15 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
This pic is pretty much what mine will look like

Old 10-17-2012, 05:30 AM
Stu
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I will get pictures up as soon as possible, long days at work make it hard to get pictures during day light.
You dont get to graduate until we see a picture

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group