1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 08:27 AM
klsmith5
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
No clue. Maybe already ordered cars?
No...there are tons of folks on this thread that have cars on order (not picked up) and got the voucher.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:28 AM
jacksongls
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My vehicle is priority status 1 and I am unable to attend the event since I am 3 hours away, but my MA (who is actually the sales director) took care of it all no problem and says I am getting the $750 discount regardless of not having registered myself, not attending, and being priority status. Just FYI, seems like they can bend those rules.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:29 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by klsmith5

I have a voucher and there is one shown on this thread. I see no restrictions except you have to pick up the auto before 1/2. Of course, you needed to attend the event and register.
Thanks, just sent this info to GM.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:30 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear

No...there are tons of folks on this thread that have cars on order (not picked up) and got the voucher.
I know, that's why I'm confused at my dealer not just making it happen.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:31 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jacksongls
My vehicle is priority status 1 and I am unable to attend the event since I am 3 hours away, but my MA (who is actually the sales director) took care of it all no problem and says I am getting the $750 discount regardless of not having registered myself, not attending, and being priority status. Just FYI, seems like they can bend those rules.
Agreed! Time will tell!

Old 10-18-2012, 08:37 AM
inlieu
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ukpylot
My MA says not to worry, he will do "everything possible" to make it up to me (for changing the Not Normal event date and me missing out on the $750). I'm getting a set of floor mats, I bet :-)
That doesn't sound like "everything possible". A lot of owners receive floor mats from their MA when they take delivery of their MINI and they're nowhere close to being worth $750. Plus, it's $750 off the car which is actually more than $750 since you have to pay less taxes.

Problem is that my car will probably be ready for pickup on Sat.
That shouldn't be a problem. I've been waiting to take delivery of mine which has been sitting at the dealer for awhile. I think the problem is that you can't wait.

This just in from my GM on the voucher issue:

Hi Greg,

I have been away at GM meetings for Penske. I am trying to verify the info but the voucher wasn't applicable on status 1 units according to the program rules. I have contacted MINI this morning.

Thx- Michelle
This doesn't sound good. I saw that dmahoney12 posted the same thing on a few threads. I'd imagine that mine falls into that category. I hope this isn't the case.

I have a voucher and there is one shown on this thread. I see no restrictions except you have to pick up the auto before 1/2. Of course, you needed to attend the event and register.
Apparently there was some internal memo circulating. dmahoney12 mentioned it on a couple of the threads discussing the event.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:41 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
This email just arrived from my GM:

I'll get it worked out

We shall see!

Old 10-18-2012, 11:17 AM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by inlieu
That doesn't sound like "everything possible". A lot of owners receive floor mats from their MA when they take delivery of their MINI and they're nowhere close to being worth $750. Plus, it's $750 off the car which is actually more than $750 since you have to pay less taxes.
I was only kidding about the floor mats, I've no idea what, if anything, he will do but I am sure it will closer in value to floor mats than $750.

My boat is halfway up the Baja coast of Mexico yay

Old 10-18-2012, 11:47 AM
TX JCW
2nd Gear
The memo from Mini came out Oct 16 saying cars previously ordered as a priority 1 are not eligible for the $750. It's a bummer because that is a good amount of money, but it is a MINI incentive to get people to buy a car and Priority1s are pretty much sold cars. Lets hope your MA never saw the memo, and you can still get in on the deal. We can't, but I'm ok with that because I didn't want to have to wait any longer to pick my car up.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:55 AM
babsmike
3rd Gear
What makes an order Priority 1?

Old 10-18-2012, 11:56 AM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by TX JCW
The memo from Mini came out Oct 16 saying cars previously ordered as a priority 1 are not eligible for the $750. It's a bummer because that is a good amount of money, but it is a MINI incentive to get people to buy a car and Priority1s are pretty much sold cars. Lets hope your MA never saw the memo, and you can still get in on the deal. We can't, but I'm ok with that because I didn't want to have to wait any longer to pick my car up.
My MA said the same thing, but they were going to take my car off of priority 1 for a few days so it would be eligible. But maybe the incentive is on a dealer "honour" system, if the dealer puts the voucher through, it gets honoured anyway?

Old 10-18-2012, 11:57 AM
ukpylot
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by babsmike
That means a customer has already "bought it", i.e. you went in and put down a deposit. So it is different from a dealer stock car which they ordered in the hope someone will buy it off the lot.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:59 AM
TX JCW
2nd Gear
The dealer usually has orders in the system and they can change it to what a customer wants and move it to Priority 1 which essentially means it is a sold vehicle. That is what our MA did for us. Took one of his slots, changed the configuration to our car and then submitted it. I don't think priority really mattered since it sat at the port for over 2 weeks.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:01 PM
TX JCW
2nd Gear
My MA said the same thing, but they were going to take my car off of priority 1 for a few days so it would be eligible. But maybe the incentive is on a dealer "honour" system, if the dealer puts the voucher through, it gets honoured anyway?
Mine got to the dealer the same day as the memo.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:59 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
There ya go. So you were already told no dice?

Old 10-18-2012, 01:51 PM
avenger
2nd Gear
Greetings everyone!

New MINI owner excited to get my car soon, some day! Ordered from East Bay MINI here in California on October 2nd, after tracking and such it was "born" October 13th, and has been sitting at the port awaiting a ship since October 16th. I can't wait!!!

2013 White Silver Metallic Cooper S Hardtop, Black Room, Black Conical Spokes, and all sorts of goodies. I've wanted a MINI since they were first "reborn" here in the US!

Old 10-18-2012, 02:10 PM
TX JCW
2nd Gear
There ya go. So you were already told no dice?
Yep. It was a very nice but clearly stated NO. At this point, I just want my Mini and be out of my current car.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:13 PM
TX JCW
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by avenger
Greetings everyone!

New MINI owner excited to get my car soon, some day! Ordered from East Bay MINI here in California on October 2nd, after tracking and such it was "born" October 13th, and has been sitting at the port awaiting a ship since October 16th. I can't wait!!!

2013 White Silver Metallic Cooper S Hardtop, Black Room, Black Conical Spokes, and all sorts of goodies. I've wanted a MINI since they were first "reborn" here in the US!
Welcome! And don't believe anything Ask MINI or the Owners Lounge says. Ask Mini says mines in transit and the OL says at the VDC and it is really at my dealer.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:45 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear

Yep. It was a very nice but clearly stated NO. At this point, I just want my Mini and be out of my current car.
I guess we are two of the unlucky ones then!
When are you picking yours up?

Old 10-18-2012, 02:55 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
That means a customer has already "bought it", i.e. you went in and put down a deposit. So it is different from a dealer stock car which they ordered in the hope someone will buy it off the lot.
Not sure how mine was coded but we went in, placed our order, put a deposit down and now we're waiting. My MA said I can use the certificate, matter of fact, I gave it to him last Friday when we stopped in to check on things.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:56 PM
TX JCW
2nd Gear
I guess we are two of the unlucky ones then!
When are you picking yours up?
Yep. I guess we didn't get our cars before MINI figured out what was going on. I pick up the car tomorrow at noon. Any word on yours? I would like to see pictures to compare yours w/the sport suspension to mine w/out (we are doing after market parts).

Old 10-18-2012, 03:05 PM
CA_cath
1st Gear
Originally Posted by avenger
Greetings everyone!

Welcome to the support group! I'm in Northern California too and my Cooper S convertible in Pepper White is at the port waiting for its ship to come in. Looks like they might be shipmates!

Old 10-18-2012, 03:34 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear

Yep. I guess we didn't get our cars before MINI figured out what was going on. I pick up the car tomorrow at noon. Any word on yours? I would like to see pictures to compare yours w/the sport suspension to mine w/out (we are doing after market parts).
Only word from my MA is that carrier was delayed from the 16th to the 19th. Then they have to install tint. So Sat or Sun I guess.
Is yours a JCW Hardtop?
Colors, options?
Greg

Ps. Yes, I'll post plenty if pics. Are you expecting mine to be a bit lower?

Old 10-18-2012, 04:12 PM
babsmike
3rd Gear
OMG!!! Look what's waiting for me to pick up tomorrow.

Just got a message from my AWESOME MA and look what he sent me a picture of. My baby is here and will be ready for me to pick up in the morning at 11am... Whoot whoot!

She's in the sunlight and her top looks tan but they assured me it's black. I'm so excited I can't stand it....

Attached Thumbnails "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group-dsc03822.jpg  
Old 10-18-2012, 04:14 PM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
Just got a message from my AWESOME MA and look what he sent me a picture of. My baby is here and will be ready for me to pick up in the morning at 11am... Whoot whoot!

She's in the sunlight and her top looks tan but they assured me it's black. I'm so excited I can't stand it....
Omg she is gorgeous!
Congratulations!

Quick Reply: "Those waiting for a 2013" Support Group