1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about OL

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 01:02 PM
fluteboi
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about OL

Hi, I been lurking around here for a few years and finally placed my order for a LiB MCS on wednesday night (6/13).

Being impatient already, I went and try to register for a Owner Lounge login with the production number my MA gave me. However, when the system looks up the production number, it is showing a white metallic MCS instead of the LiB I ordered. I am just wondering have anyone experienced this before? Is it just a delay in the system and it should change to the correct info later on?

I have already emailed my MA and still waiting for his reply.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:18 PM
pdoel
3rd Gear
Yup. I'm going to assume your MA used an existing configuration they already had allocated, but that had not yet started production, and modified it to your build.

What your seeing is their original configuration. Just keep an eye on it. Mine took about a day to reflect my actual build.

You're fine as long as it changes before production starts. If you see the status change in a few days to "Production Scheduled" and it still shows the old configuration, call your MA.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:58 PM
gerry2153
4th Gear
I had the same issue with mine. It appears they are recycling production numbers...mine never updated...you will need to have your MA get the VIN once it starts production...and don't delete the other car before you get yours in there (I Did and had to status over with a new screen name)

Old 06-16-2012, 11:18 AM
mbu
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Basically, your dealer has contracted with Mini to buy a minimum number of vehicles no matter what. He is then given production numbers for these vehicles and the builds will have the "most likely" options that the dealer thinks will sell readily in his area. Typically dealers buy production numbers once every month or two depending on their expected sales.

When someone orders a custom Mini, the dealer simply grabs one of his production vehicles and modifies the built to fit his customer's choices. That's why your build has not been updated yet and why you can change your options right up until the time it hits the "line". In order to accommodate the "custom" vehicle, Mini does not produce a dealer's order all at once thereby giving them a chance for changes. This is one of the reasons it takes about a month for a custom vehicle to be delivered. Hopefully, your dealer will "catch" one of their production numbers that is just about to be built and that could cut down your waiting time considerably.

Keep this in mind... when one buys a new vehicle they are not the first owner; they are the second - the dealer was the first. Once the vehicle is off the line the dealer owns it. That is why dealers have year end sales that are sometimes very good! So if one has the money and doesn't have the "gotta have it now" attitude, a great deal is almost assured! Problem is with a Mini...it's so darn popular!

Why then does the dealer gamble with buying vehicles to store on the lot? Well... most people buy things on a whim and any salesman will tell you that given the chance to think about a purchase most people will not do it. It's just like fishing with a lure... one must set it right away. Remember this when you buy ANYTHING - time is always on your side so patience is rewarded!

Last edited by mbu; 06-16-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:43 AM
fluteboi
2nd Gear
Thanks for clearing that up guys. The info has been changed to my spec when I check this morning. The next couple weeks is going to be looooonng.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:53 AM
pdoel
3rd Gear
It sure is. But it's cool that Mini has tools available to help you keep track of your order. I've never experienced that before with other manufacturers.

Also seems like Mini makes it easier for orders, or is more prepared. The wait time is definitely less than I've experienced before. I placed my order two weeks ago today, and my Mini is already in the paint shop, and should be finished Monday.

That's pretty awesome.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:21 PM
mbu
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fluteboi
.... The next couple weeks is going to be looooonng.
Meanwhile, watch this video if you haven't already...

Last edited by mbu; 06-16-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:30 PM
fatboy97
3rd Gear
Sorry your MA did not say something... they should have said it will take a day or two for your configuration to be updated on OL's website... or at least I will say that my MA did at least two or three times before I left and after he emailed me my production number he reminded me again that OL's website would not be correct for a day or two.

Check out Sticky thread: How to Track your MINI: Revised, Expanded and Updated... it's got some of the best information about how to track your MINI.