1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You had me at vroom!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Bazinga
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You had me at vroom!

After lurking on NAM for awhile and researching the MINI brand, I finally drove three hours to my nearest MINI dealer to test drive a Countryman. I've been driving a Honda Accord for nine years and while it's been a great car, I'm ready for something fun and different. I'm tired of going into parking lots to a sea of four door sedans that look just like my Honda. I can't tell you how often I've tried to put my key into someone else's car thinking it was mine. So I ordered a Countryman - pure red with a black roof, black bonnet stripes, premium package, tech package, cold weather package, lounge leather, and adaptive xenon headlights. I am thrilled beyond belief and now the agonizing wait begins. Now I know why MINI drivers are so obssessed with their cars! My husband thinks I'm nuts for spending so much on a car but he will understand when (if?) I let him drive it.

Thanks to this community for making my decision an informed one. The few reservations I had disappeared the minute I heard the engine go vroom!

Last edited by Bazinga; 07-07-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Pure red not chili red, duh.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:37 PM
LittleWing
5th Gear
Welcome and congratulations!
My husband did not want me to buy a MINI and told me that I would tire of it.
He would not go to the dealer when I was looking for a car and didn't go with me when I went to pick it up.
It's now early 3 years later and I don't want to drive anything else.
He's happy that I'm happy and he thinks it's fun to drive too.
He also enjoys the MINI club events and the people that we have met.
I wish that I could get him out of his Avalon and into a Countryman, but he loves his Toyota!
We have learned to live and let live.
I hope that your car is delivered soon.
Let us know when it arrives and post pictures please!

Old 07-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Bazinga
1st Gear
Thanks LittleWing! My husband went with me but mainly sat in the lobby and surfed the net on his iPad. He's been very supportive but he's not much of a car person. My MINI may change that!