1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Around Here

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Retired Rev
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Around Here

Just signed up. Waiting impatiently for my 2013 Roadster. According to my dealer, it is supposed to arrive today in Brunswick, GA. Hopefully it will arrive at the dealer before the end of the month. Reserved it in late April, "built" it in mid June and have been tracking it for the past couple weeks.

My Mini will be a 2013 Roadster S in red with all black trim, wheels, hood stripe, interior trim.

If it doesn't come soon, I'm afraid I'll go nuts.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:25 AM
gr8ful
4th Gear
Welcome, how exciting being this close to your new Roadster. When I was at this point I considered going to Brunswick just to maybe get a glimps of my new Mini.
I would say the end of the month is a good guess. I would be bugging my MA everyday, might speed up the deal.
Is this first Mini? Will it be your daily driver? Your screen name is "retired rev", is that as in reverend or pastor cause if so, you can't retire from sharing the gospel.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Good luck, keep us posted.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:58 AM
Retired Rev
4th Gear
My first Mini. I fell in love (lust?) with the Roadster the first time I saw a photo spread on it almost 2 years ago. Bought my Fiat because at the time (last summer) the Mini dealer had no idea when the Roadster was coming. Said the Coupe would come first and then the Roadster, but they had no timeline. The car will be MY daily driver, but I'll be keeping the Fiat and my wife drives a Subaru Outback so I'm not sure how much use it will get. Probably much more in the fall, winter and spring. Summer here is no fun, and not the best convertible weather.

The "Rev" is in fact the result of 8 yrs of grad school and a rigorous ordination process. "Retired" is the result of over 35 years of working 60+ hours a week, on-call 24/7 and working 48 weekends a year.

Sharing the Gospel is not just the responsibility of the professional ordained clergy, it's the job of all Christians.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:40 AM
gr8ful
4th Gear
Amen. "Well done good and faithful servant." Time to really enjoy GODs creation one twisty road at a time. Checkout Sunshine minis, good local stuff. I am in the Panhandle area one. Post pictures when you can. Any mods planned thus far? Which Fiat did you get and your evaluation of the car. Have you driven the 500?

Old 07-19-2012, 09:48 AM
pew1375
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome Rev!!
I don't think it's lust at all, not in my case. At first maybe, but after the first couple times I had to take my MINI to the shop, I knew it was love. I miss my MINI if I can't go out and look at her!! Just being able to touch her, and knowing she's OK makes me feel good! I'm definately a MINIac! And when we get to go and be around other MINI's, she makes me proud, and I could almost swear she loves showing off! I know it's just a car, but it's the feeling I get from getting to drive such an awesome machine. There is faster, and maybe even sexier cars out there, but for me my MINI is perfect!
Congrats! You have now found a new calling!