1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered a 2013 Hardtop in Spice Orange + options

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 05:53 PM
MaryBKAZ
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered a 2013 Hardtop in Spice Orange + options

Our last beloved Mini was a hyper blue "S". We loved it but due to family needs at the time we had to trade it. That was one sad day! This week we ordered a 2013 and my husband wanted all the handling options, but in a hard top. That through them! Once he convincingly declared his wish was really for the hardtop and not the "S" - we got to order the necessities from my vantage point. I wanted real color - which is hard to find in the sedate color palette of today's minis. So, it was red or spice orange. Orange is more rare, so on with the white roof and the fun white hood stripes! Of course I love the chrome mirror caps and chrome lined interior. You have the picture. I am in love!

Our build date is the end of this month. How do I make time go faster? How do I get signed up for the Spice Orange Club? How do I get the badge or sticker? How do you deal with the anxious anticipation? Can we ride in our mini on it's trip to the US?

Looking forward to meeting new Mini friends, no matter your height.

Mary

Old 07-20-2012, 12:27 AM
Bald K9
1st Gear
I ordered my 2012 MCS in the Spice Orange also but I went solid orange, no stripes or roof, and man I get so many compliments on this color, The color looks great about a little after sunset, it takes on a darker autumn look, ,,,and at night under gas station lights, the metallics in the color just POP out like little jewels, I just love this color ,mostly because it DOESNT look copper in anyway, [like all the other ornge cars out there, I am sure you will enjoy this color also....

Old 07-20-2012, 05:25 AM
The Angry Pumkin
2nd Gear
My spice orange mini is on its way across the pond right now! Went with black lid, wheels and strips tho. And yes the time is not going by fast enough! lol

Old 07-20-2012, 05:37 AM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MaryBKAZ
...I wanted real color - which is hard to find in the sedate color palette of today's minis. So, it was red or spice orange. Orange is more rare, so on with the white roof and the fun white hood stripes! Of course I love the chrome mirror caps and chrome lined interior. You have the picture. I am in love!...
One very cool thing about MINI Takes the States was getting to see so many MINIs, and in so many color combos. Naturally, I zeroed in on rare-around-here Ice Blue's, but I also saw my first Spice Orange with white: it looked GREAT!

Congrats on your order, and including lots o' chrome, it will be gorgeous!

Old 11-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Punkin'
Neutral
Sounds like we need to start up our own Spice orange club! I have a 2013 Clubman due for pickup tomorrow!!