1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For Newbies By A Newbie..

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 09:36 PM
LethalR53
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Newbies By A Newbie..

Greetings!
And welcome to all the Newbies,(I'm one too )
I'm from South Africa and have purchased my first mini several months ago. To be honest, I diddnt really know much about MINI's, heck, I diddnt even consider one when choosing a car, it was at the last minute I saw one and knew that I just had to have it.
I've signed up on a few forums,just to learn more about my car, to share experiences and to learn from people with a passion for MINI's like me.

I find myself using this forum in particular most often for some reason. And the knowledge I have gained is truly priceless. I've only been on the forum for just over a month, and have tons more to learn, but what I've learnt so far is incredible.

* I never knew that MINI's had Brake Pad Sensors!
* I've learnt what size wheels actually fit on my car
* Recently just learnt what "mushrooming" is
* Found out about lots of technical info. Such as how to reset the ECU etc.
* Learnt about the existance of wheel Spacers
* Learnt that if your MINI has a problem, most likely a bunch of other people have had one with theirs also and good info is lurking somewhere in the heathen depths of the forum
* and a bunch of other things I just can't think of right now.

Countryman, Clubman, Cooper, One - they're all fun cars and forums are incredible to learn more about them. Its made me appreciate my car more and ever since joining the forum, I have a strange urge to think about mods REALLY frequently, and imagine how they'd look

Oh, and I wave at other MINI drivers more often, even though most don't wave back or look piercingly through the window to see if they know me or not

Hope the forum can help you as much as its helped me
Let's Motor!

Old 07-20-2012, 10:30 PM
ArmyDog
Coordinator::Asia
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Waving and head flashing is old school. You new guys need to catch up hahah.anyway welcome to NAM! I hpoe yer mini is not names 411!!!!

Old 07-20-2012, 10:39 PM
pew1375
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome! I'm not a newbie. I've been here for just over a year. It sounds like you've caught the bug! I assure you you will only learn to love your MINI more! You'll also learn that your new baby will need some extra love, compared to other cars! They are expensive to maintain at times, but if you do preventative maintenance, you will only save yourself time and money. I would urge you to keep learning here on NAM, and join a club! Club members are an invaluable resource, and you'll find some great motoring buddies as well!

Have you named your MINI yet? If not you need to get on it! These little cars have so much personality, and not naming it would be just wrong! I know it's silly.

Good luck to you and your new MINI!! See you around!!

Old 07-21-2012, 03:12 AM
LethalR53
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ArmyDog
Waving and head flashing is old school. You new guys need to catch up hahah.anyway welcome to NAM! I hpoe yer mini is not names 411!!!!
hahaha! thanks. really? what is the trend these days amoungst MINI owners? maybe thats why everyone is confused when i flash or wave. beam flashing in South Africa is more commonly used to alert oncoming drivers that theres a roadblock or police patrol up ahead. so i see how it clashes and how may be confusing everyone