1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Kiwi '02 Cooper S owner.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 11:20 PM
christofurr
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Kiwi '02 Cooper S owner.

Hey guys.

Just thought I'd drop in and say hey.
I got myself an '02 Cooper S around a month ago and have just gotten around to making my first post here. It's nice to see a quality online resource that I'm sure I'll be tapping into in the near future.
As for the car, well I'll let a photo do most of the talking. It's only done 85,000kms and was sold by the same BMW dealer that sold and serviced it it's whole life to date. I'm still over the moon with it a month after picking it up, and it waxes up a treat!
Now to get the windows tinted and the very so-so run-flats off it asap! Really want to drop it down to 16" wheels (Enkei RPF1's are #1 on the list) but I think that's going to have to wait a while.

Old 07-21-2012, 05:58 AM
Minibeagle
6th Gear
Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Sweet. Welcome. My first MINI was a 2002 MCS which is currently up fopr sale. Loved the car fromthe day I gpt it and am a bit sorry to see it go - lots of awesome memories. Selling it because I recently bought a 2006 JCW Competition Edition

Old 07-21-2012, 07:21 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 373 Likes on 314 Posts
Kia ora. North or South Island? Been to NZ twice and envy the heck out of you having a MINI to drive those roads. That is a very nicely looked after motor. Hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:03 AM
Finz up
3rd Gear
Welcome to nam. Always wanted to go there. Maybe you can seen some motoring photos.

Old 07-24-2012, 06:37 PM
christofurr
Neutral
Originally Posted by Fly'n Brick
Kia ora. North or South Island? Been to NZ twice and envy the heck out of you having a MINI to drive those roads. That is a very nicely looked after motor. Hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it.
I'm from the North Island, sadly. The South Island has virtually no one driving on it. Every time (which is seldom) I go down there I love driving so much. Gonna have to plan a trip on the ferry sometime after I get these awful runflats off I think.
Thanks, it's condition is very nice for a 10 year old car. Huge credit to the previous owner. Once I drove it I had to have it. It's been looked after so well. Only real signs of wear is the steering wheel (I won't mention how much I dislike the old 2-spoke design, maybe that's another mod for another day).

Old 07-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 373 Likes on 314 Posts
Sadly he says! Our friends live in Hamilton though we don't keep up too much. The train ride down to Wellington and back was fantastic as was the ferry on to Picton where we hired a nice 5 speed and motored the heck out of those roads for a week and a half. While in Wellington we visited St. Paul's. My wife being a pianist was invited to play a bit on the organ. What a privilege. Beautiful country both North and South.

PS: You were just blessed with my 1000th post. Have a Lion Red on me (if you could).