1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Green Park Clubman S...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Velogopher
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Green Park Clubman S...

... ordered from dealer last Wednesday. They only place orders once a week, and I just missed it. That turned out to be for the best, as I kept changing my mind about this touch or that. I've finalized my decisions over the weekend, but still haven't gotten my production number. I'm starting to get antsy here, so I thought I'd post.

Details:
* Green Park - Pepper white w/BRG2 roof, mirrors and bonnet stripes
* Cold Weather, Sport and Premium packages
* White turn signals
* Black headlight housing
* Black driving lights
* Black star bullet wheels
* Leatherette seats
* H/K audio
* A bunch more miscellaneous items that sounded good.

I decided against the Mini Connected/Nav option(s), as I just didn't really like them. I also went with leatherette as I needed something durable and easy to clean. After reading several reviews, I figured I could save the dollars now and upgrade to aftermarket leather at a later time, if desired, for about the same price as the lounge leather.

ComeOnComeOnComeOn. Where's my production number?!?!?

Ok. Deep breath.

Anyway, Hi Everyone! Looking forward to my new Mini - possibly even more so than I did the 12.5 year old Miata it is replacing.

Cheers,
Colin

Old 08-21-2012, 07:41 PM
BportLax
2nd Gear
That sounds like a great color combo. You're gonna love your Clubman. I have 64k miles on mine and still love it.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:02 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
Congrats

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 08-21-2012, 08:42 PM
kidziti
3rd Gear
Me too!

Ordered similar today - Green Park Cooper S HB! Love the color scheme. My last car - a Miata - was green with a tan roof/interior. After ten years of having a green car, the BRG stripes/roof/accents seem like a perfect transition to something different while keeping the classic color in the mix.

The options were tough to tweak - but certainly worth the time to get it right (and there are as many "right" answers as there are MINI owners). I got the Cold Weather and Premium packages as well, but opted out of the full sport package. I picked the xenons with adaptive light control (which kept black lights out but that's cool). The most difficult decision was the MINI Connected system - being an Android user, I thought it was not worth it. Playing with one in the showroom was an eye-opening experience. There was a surprising amount of non-iphone functionality! I was streaming Pandora through the car in no time, etc. It also knocked any thought of Sirius/satellite radio off the list.

On options, one "must" I have heard about is the rear foglamp. For only $100 - and a sheet-metal-cutting install if done later - it adds safety (my last car was totaled from behind!) and fills the empty space on the toggle bar with a switch.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:16 AM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
I thought long and hard about the green park as well. I ended up with the Hyde park with the brown stripes. Kidzitz wish I had seen your tip about the rear fog light earlier. That didn't even cross my mind. I did get the MINI connect w/ navigation. I do have a n iPhone and I love the navigation feature in our truck.
Now if they would just get back to building our babies and send to us. The wait is killing me. I never have been known for my patience.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:07 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Velogopher
... ordered from dealer last Wednesday. They only place orders once a week, and I just missed it. That turned out to be for the best, as I kept changing my mind about this touch or that. I've finalized my decisions over the weekend, but still haven't gotten my production number. I'm starting to get antsy here, so I thought I'd post.

Details:
* Green Park - Pepper white w/BRG2 roof, mirrors and bonnet stripes
* Cold Weather, Sport and Premium packages
* White turn signals
* Black headlight housing
* Black driving lights
* Black star bullet wheels
* Leatherette seats
* H/K audio
* A bunch more miscellaneous items that sounded good.
I ordered a very similar Green Park Clubman on Aug/11. Even the same wheels. However, I ordered the Technology package because I wanted the Nav and H/K audio. It was only $250 to get the rest of the package. I ordered chrome driving lights since my headlights are the normal silver.

Originally I had planned to order a 2013 Countryman but the wait on that was way too long. There is no ordering information yet and reportedly MINI won't start building the 2013's until November. Meaning I wouldn't see it until December/January. So I started looking at the Clubman. When I discovered the Hyde Park and Green Park packages they looked great to me. After configuring the car came out a couple of grand cheaper than the Countryman, although no 4-wheel drive.

It's really hard to wait. The Oxford Plant shutdown is really annoying. They don't start up again until Aug/28 according to their web site. There is probably a lot of backed-up orders so it might be a long time until they get around to yours and mine. My MA said my order was replacing one of the dealership's slots, so maybe that moves it up in the queue. Hopefully I'll see the Clubman sometime in October.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:26 AM
kidziti
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MollyBrown
Kidzitz wish I had seen your tip about the rear fog light earlier. That didn't even cross my mind.
Where is your car in production? Maybe it's not too late. It never hurts to call your dealer and ask - MINI's site says they're all about choices and options - so it would belie that philosophy not to squeeze in an accommodation like that if it's still possible to do so. I suspect in addition to the $100 (MSRP) option price, it's possible the dealer may add a change fees but I'm purely speculating.

Old 08-23-2012, 04:46 PM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Great idea, I am scheduled for production with no date set yet. I will ask my MA about the rear fog light.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:28 AM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Just got a reply from MA they were able to add the rear fog light. Now if they would just move my status to "in production" I would be thrilled.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:31 AM
kidziti
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MollyBrown
Just got a reply from MA they were able to add the rear fog light. Now if they would just move my status to "in production" I would be thrilled.
Hey, Molly - that's great! Just curious - did they just charge the base MSRP for that option (here in the US it's $100), or did they tack on any other fees?

Old 08-24-2012, 11:39 AM
MollyBrown
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by kidziti
Hey, Molly - that's great! Just curious - did they just charge the base MSRP for that option (here in the US it's $100), or did they tack on any other fees?
She did not mention any additional fees, she just said that she had added it. I guess we will know for sure when I pick it up. I have read in another thread that it shouldn't be an issue to add prior to production starting.

Old 08-27-2012, 11:22 AM
MrCooperS
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I can't wait to see photos!

Old 09-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Velogopher
1st Gear
After some delays in the initial order being placed with the factory, it did get ordered, but not before I made a few changes to my options.

I ended up opting for the Connected package with Nav, as I decided adding an aftermarket, 2DIN nav unit myself was, ultimately, more cost and hassle than I wanted to deal with right now. Worst case, I can continue to use Waze on my iPhone for the Nav part while getting the other features of Connected. (Of course, I wasn't thrilled to hear that the new iPhone is not supporting the iPod Out functionality, but that doesn't stop my current one from working.)

I found out today it's actually in production. (Owners' Lounge says "On Order" still, heh.) I'm already thinking about what mods to give it. (First up: aftermarket roof rack.)

Cheers,
Colin