1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lurker coming out

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Thewall
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lurker coming out

Hi all, I've been lurking on this forum for about a year now and I think it's time I introduce myself. My name is Ryan and I drive an R53 in the hot state of Phoenix, AZ.

I haven't done many modifications to it yet; just a one ball mod and lower springs from Apex. I also recently got new wheels as well. I wish I didn't go with a 50 series tire, but my run flats were going to **** so I had to get tires asap for my other wheels. It's ok though because the 40 series gave me too much wheel gap lol.

My MINI is currently at 120xxx miles and I can tell a few things need to be replaced. The main one is the lca bushings, I can tell over time that the handling has been degrading because of them. I just can't decide if I want to go with a stock replacement because they're already pre-pressed or buy the proflex from way. I can also tell the TOB is getting worse and the fliywheels is glazed making me think that chewbacca lives in my transmission lol.

Sorry for the uber long post, just wanted to touch all bases . Onto the pics!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Albiecrazy
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for not lurking anymore - it was starting to creep me out!

My theory with replacing things that break down/wear out is to buy better, more performance oriented stuff. It may cost more, but if it lasts for the life time of the car and you can feel the difference, it's a win-win.

Not so much for your wallet, but hey, you only live once! Good luck!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:53 PM
Thewall
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Albiecrazy
Thanks for not lurking anymore - it was starting to creep me out!

My theory with replacing things that break down/wear out is to buy better, more performance oriented stuff. It may cost more, but if it lasts for the life time of the car and you can feel the difference, it's a win-win.

Not so much for your wallet, but hey, you only live once! Good luck!
I guess there is a fine line between lurking and stalking . I'll remember to tell the cops I was just lurking haha.

You are right and from doing some more reading I guess the OE replacements only last about 45k miles. That's too much work to do every 45k. I just recently got a job at O'Reilly auto parts, maybe I can some how order the proflex bushings through them. I would like to have them pre-pressed though, ugh decisions decisions.