1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand new Mini Driver PA

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 06:58 AM
thrash0249
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand new Mini Driver PA

I am proud to say that me and my girl have welcomed our first Mini into our family. we got it about a month and a half ago and every drive is truly a "mini Adventure".

after looking around for a good forum i came across this one. i haven't had any trouble finding things. since i have been on here almost everyday this week reading i figured its time i make an account. so here i am.

We picked up this mini because the 98 Mitsubishi eclipse, that we had, was on its last legs. after doing a ton of research all options were shot, except a mini.

requirements? lowish price 10 to 15 grand, Must be fast, and (then the killer of options) it had to have a decent MPGs. the answer? A mini

so we hunted a few down, some were sold as we walked in and some were abused and beaten. then there was this one... 2006 Mini Cooper JCW (factory). we've driven the basic version and the S, and were surprised at its power. Long story shortened, it took about a day for my girlfriend to convince her dad to go down(60 miles) and check it out. we had at our house the following Friday.

My first thought after driving about a mile in it.... why doesn't everyone own these?

Only problem with the mini, is what do you upgrade first?

Old 08-29-2012, 08:15 AM
ACEkraut11
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome, congrats, and, we love pics!

Old 08-29-2012, 09:45 AM
thrash0249
1st Gear
I knew some one was going to ask. honestly i did not post them right away because we are a little embarrassed to have it pretty much stock.

it has four upgrades three on the interior and one in the engine compartment. (shift ****(JCW) E-brake ****(JCW), aftermarket head-unit and the M7 strut bar)

and to answer the first question we get about it... no we did not put the holes in the front bumper -.- they were put in by the original owner who bought it in new Jersey(a state that requires the front plate) and went cheap and just screwed it to the front bumper. next chance we get we are buying a Euro plate to mount on the front to cover them up.

Attached Thumbnails Brand new Mini Driver PA-2.jpg   Brand new Mini Driver PA-3.jpg   Brand new Mini Driver PA-5.jpg  
Old 08-29-2012, 03:30 PM
N666BK
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
She is a beauty Welcome!

Old 08-29-2012, 04:39 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Gorgeous MINI! Love how white really pops on Chili Red! Like those wheels, too.

Where, in PA, are you from?

Old 08-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Skoobie
1st Gear
WOOOO! That's a slick look'in Mini for sure I love the body package on it! So who gets to drive it more, you or the girlfriend?

Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Jprime84
2nd Gear
Very nice!

Old 08-30-2012, 04:07 AM
Revoked
2nd Gear
Congrats on picking the best color! LOL

Old 08-30-2012, 07:28 AM
thrash0249
1st Gear
Thank you everybody for the warm welcome.

N666BK - the only thing better then her looks is her performance. you cannot be mad while driving it, instant smile every time.

CR&PW&JB - we picked her up outside of Philly, mount airy. but we are living just out side of Harrisburg. a lot of nice roads out here.

Skoobie - honestly she will when we both develop our daily schedules. (we cant both drive it at the same time and if we had the cash we would pick up a second one lol) but if we both are in it at the same time I drive. she has road rage issues and when she gets stuck behind traffic she starts getting agro. (i don't lol)

Once the traffic clears all you hear is the super charger hummin for miles lol and what you see is the gas gauge dropping lol. i can drive like 2 hours and use less fuel Because i'm not driving agro. i also prefer to save fuel for the roads i actually enjoy driving fast on instead of the highway ( or racing other cars)

if she would drive all the time we could not afford the petrol... but if i drove all the time she would loose her mind because she loves driving and going fast but cant deal with other drivers.

its in her blood, her dad did and still does vintage f1 cars. he taught her how to drive lol.( he also talks about how he can race their prius Light to light and loves getting looks back at him when he is keeping up)

so she is very good at driving. in fact her incentive for getting through law school is that her dad said in a year or so he will get us to a track day with the JCW and if that goes well hes going to call his buddies up and get us to another track, this time without the the JCW but with a actual track car. so as some remarked on another post she truly is special. lol

JPrime84 - Thank you very much were very happy with it we just need the time and money to dress it up a little more.

Revoked - Some people love red and then some people hate red... we actually hate red. lol its really just our personal opinion of it. its not bad, its just there are to many red cars out there. Funny enough for us both not liking red we both ended up with red vehicles ( the red mini and then our workhorse a red Chevy blazer) AND IT ACTUALLY GETS FUNNIER.

the mini that we have now was shown to my girl about 5 times and every time she says its ugly because its red but i kept on about how it was better then a copper S..... i fought with her about it for days. finally we got a bunch listings went and looked.

after what felt like being in 100 minis that day. we meet the owners of this one. the way we were parked there was a road that came down to us( like as if it was set up lol) and it came down that road and her jaw just dropped to ground when she saw it. she still doesn't care for the red and may get it repainted in the future but at least now she kinda likes it. But get this... what she really hated was the white on it and she loves that now.

To all... sorry about the long post i am not sure yet if long posts are a forum no no or if it really doesn't matter.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:29 PM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You're living not far from where I was born and raised... Gettysburg. Yes, tons of good motoring roads in cenral PA ! Enjoy !!