1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Electric Blue MINI Cooper S 6-speed manual, 10 miles north of Rockvillle

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 06:50 PM
David S.
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Electric Blue MINI Cooper S 6-speed manual, 10 miles north of Rockvillle

I am located about 10 miles north of Rockville MD and am the follow-on owner of a 2005 Electric Blue MINI Cooper S 6-speed manual transmission with 59,500 miles. It came with the following options:
  • Convenience Package - universal garage door opener, autodimming rearview mirror, rain sensor/auto headlights
  • Cold Weather Package - heated washer jets, heated mirrors, heated front seats
  • Premium Package - multifunction steering wheel with cruise, dual-pane panoramic sunroof, automatic air conditioning, on-board computer
  • Sport Package - DSC (dynamic stability control), front fog lamps, 17" allow wheels, xenon headlights with headlamp power washer
  • Cockpit chrono package
  • Black leatherette with black interior
  • Anthracite trim
  • Roof and mirror caps in white
  • Harman-Kardon sound system
  • Center armrest
The previous owner replaced the wheels and run-flat tires with FlameSpoke wheels and Continental ExtremeContact DWS 205/45R17 tires, the M7 cold air intake, and a short radio antenna.

Actually it was in mid Jul 2012 that I bought this from the previous owner located in Falls Church VA but not until this week that could wrap up all the loose ends. The biggest factor in this delay was waiting for a clear title to arrive as the previous owner had a lien on theirs. Also the car required a state inspection.A fter getting that done plus several visits to my fast and friendly DMV, I am finally ready to roll!

I've already installed a "No Holes" license plate bracket from goMINIgo.com since my state requires a front tag but I could not see drilling holes into the front bumper cover.

I enjoy carrying out maintenance and repairs on my vehicles, as well as doing mild performance modifications to make them more efficient and even more fun to drive. Being a member on other automotive forums I am aware of the golden rule to searching existing posts for a question that may have already been asked before posting a question. Now it is time to read posts, gather information, share information, and have lots of fun...!

Last edited by David S.; 08-31-2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Corrected mileage at time of purchase.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:02 PM
David S.
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marketplace

I forgot to mention that I found my 2005 MCS here on North American Motoring website in the Marketplace forum. The previous owner was playdough.