1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patiently waiting

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Remitt
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Patiently waiting

Hello all, thought after two weeks of stalking the owner's lounge and these forums, I'd go ahead and get into gear. Finally got a status change to scheduled for production. As with a lot of new owners, I had not even considered a MINI until I got into one. I was originally going for an economy car, as I am a visiting nurse in the NE. But with winter coming on, I realized a 4WD or AWD would be the more responsible choice. (can't save fuel cost if I get wrecked and can't drive right?) Took a look at the other AWD/4WD and just could not see myself in any of them. Stumbled upon the ALL4 and hit the dealership and made an order that day. This is also the very first "New" car I have ever purchased. Anyway, I will post pics as soon as I take delivery. I've got tons of tire questions, so I'll head over to those threads to start research. If anyone could make some suggestions, that would be great! I will be driving a lot through the snow and want to keep myself and my new baby safe. See you all again soon!

My newborn:
12 CsB/W ALL4 white bonnet stripes
Piano black/chrome line interior, leatherette
White turn signal, xenon lamps
17" tunnel spokes with "all season" tires...uh huh
bluetooth/usb

Old 09-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Pit Crew
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome aboard. And good luck with the wait. There's a group of us trying to keep each other afloat in the pool of impatience over at https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ort-group.html.

As far as choosing MINI, I had the same experience. Wasn't interested until my brother insisted we try one at the auto show. When it became necessary to get a new car this summer, all I could imagine was a MINI. I've still got about 3 weeks to wait myself.

Ted.