1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R59 Cooper S Roadster Soon :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 11:57 PM
TheZlog
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R59 Cooper S Roadster Soon :)

Just introducing myself. I plan on ordering a 2013 R59 Roadster soon after a long, long process of ruling out the competition.

I plan on making this my commuter car, I drive about 60 miles a day minimum.

I currently drive a 2010 Mazda 3 GT, and I'm lucky to be in a position where my next vehicle can be whatever I want. I started out in more familiar territory looking at the Focust ST, Mazda Speed 3, VW GTI, and started leaning towards cars with more personality (or at least a little more unique). I drove a Hyundai Veloster Turbo (close but not quite) and finally started thinking about MINI...

I went out today and test drove *almost* exactly what I plan on buying and loved every second of it. MINI of Portland is located near some great twisty and curvy roads and the car is so responsive it feels like it's almost predicting what you want it to do. I was blown away when it wasn't any noisier with the top up then my current car - even with runflats.

Once I've put aside the money for a deposit I'll be ordering a Midnight Black, Black Xenon, Cold Weather Package, Technology Package, Sport Package (No stripes for the clean look), with the 17" twin spoke black wheels.

It's a step up into the nicer world of premium cars, it get's much better gas mileage, and it's exactly what my daily commute is missing