1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Current promotion details for October

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 08:16 PM
inlieu
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by willieboy
You can use the incentive the day of the event even though you don't have the email confirmation. Your incentive is also good until 1-2-13. This will give you time to order if need be. The amount is $750.00.
Are you talking about applying it to an order or taking delivery of a previously ordered MINI? From most of the other posts this doesn’t seem to be the case. If it is, that’d be awesome.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:46 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
I have ordered and been assured, I will receive the incentive. I hope to know this week, as my Mini has been released from VDC and is on a car carrier, to the dealer.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:48 AM
mikeythemars
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by willieboy
The $750.00 certificate is valid on all MINI's delivered on the day of the event through 1-2-13.
Can anyone confirm that to get the $750 credit you absolutely have to take delivery by 1-2-13?

I'm asking because I what I was told when I placed an order and deposit for a 2013 on Thursday, 10/11.

While placing the order, my MA checked on delivery timing (called someone else who was on top of the allocations for the dealer). He looked disturbed during the call and when it ended told me that the I had a long wait ahead for delivery for my S convertible, sometime in mid/late January or even into February. (Yes, I have inquired about that slow delivery projection elsewhere here; some have said cabrio production is backed up and/or MINI is intentionally "slowing down" their production for whatever reason).

But back to my MA: on 10/11 he also mentioned the "Not Normal" event they were having the following Saturday and said if I came I could register and receive the $750 credit. In fact, he included the credit on my invoice, albeit it wasn't final (hadn't been signed by the sales manager yet; presumably, that was waiting for the voucher to be attached).

So I went Saturday, did the inteview and was told I will receive the voucher by email this week. I assume it will include the terms for the offer and I will to say the least be less than happy if they show I am ineligible for the deal after being led on about it.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:24 AM
JoanieB
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just received my certificate this morning, and it says twice that you must take delivery by 1/2/13. Perhaps your dealership will work with you on that, since you have no control over the delivery date.

We were told 8 - 10 weeks for a Coupe. Cabrios must be on a whole different timeline, whew!

Old 10-15-2012, 08:24 AM
dmahoney12
1st Gear
I attended my event at Mini of Sterling (Northern Virginia) on Friday, Oct. 12th. I received the certificate this morning. My MA instructed me to act like I was looking into purchasing a new car. He didn't want me to mention I already had one on order. So now I have the $750 certificate and they will accept it. Hopefully my car will arrive to the dealer this week.

Dave

Old 10-15-2012, 08:34 AM
mikeythemars
1st Gear
Originally Posted by JoanieB
I just received my certificate this morning, and it says twice that you must take delivery by 1/2/13. Perhaps your dealership will work with you on that, since you have no control over the delivery date.

We were told 8 - 10 weeks for a Coupe. Cabrios must be on a whole different timeline, whew!
Joanie, thanks. As soon as I receive my certificate I will forward it to my MA and point out the issue re: my presumed delivery timetable (again, what I shared is based hearing one half of a phone conversation, nothing is confirmed/in writing yet). Something tells me the cutoff issue will likely reopen discussion on what spot I am getting in the allocation queue.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:48 AM
czar4
2nd Gear

Attended Saturday, the certificate was in my inbox this am. Fine print attached.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:54 AM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Got my certificate today, less then 48 hours after attending. It's funny when I went in my MA introduced me to everyone as being the one who ordered the Highgate. He certainly wasn't hiding the fact I had a car on order.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:15 AM
czar4
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Luckyelfie
Got my certificate today, less then 48 hours after attending. It's funny when I went in my MA introduced me to everyone as being the one who ordered the Highgate. He certainly wasn't hiding the fact I had a car on order.
Same. They wrote right on the form that I ordered in August.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:31 AM
Scamp
2nd Gear
Attended an event on Friday evening in VA, received the certificate Monday around noon.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Gluhwein
4th Gear
Ordered my wife's 2013 MINI on 8 September. The car arrived in NYC this past Friday, October 12. Went to the Event at my dealership the next day where I not only registered for the $750 discount, but also got plenty of MINI swag and food. Today, I open my email and find my $750 coupon. Then I check my phone messages and find out my car is already at the dealer! This has to be some sort of record. Our BMW and previous MINIs sat in Jersey City for more than a week before being transported to the dealer. And mine got through in 2 days..2 WEEKEND days!!!???

I am really impressed with Prestige MINI right now. I'm just a wee bit confused by my MA's request that I notify my insurance company and have them fax him a copy of my new insurance card before I pick up the new car. How can they issue me one when I don't have the car yet? Seems a little Catch-22ish.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:05 PM
czar4
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Gluhwein
Ordered my wife's 2013 MINI on 8 September. The car arrived in NYC this past Friday, October 12. Went to the Event at my dealership the next day where I not only registered for the $750 discount, but also got plenty of MINI swag and food. Today, I open my email and find my $750 coupon. Then I check my phone messages and find out my car is already at the dealer! This has to be some sort of record. Our BMW and previous MINIs sat in Jersey City for more than a week before being transported to the dealer. And mine got through in 2 days..2 WEEKEND days!!!???
Crazy - mine took a week and I'm only a short trip from the porT.

I am really impressed with Prestige MINI right now. I'm just a wee bit confused by my MA's request that I notify my insurance company and have them fax him a copy of my new insurance card before I pick up the new car. How can they issue me one when I don't have the car yet? Seems a little Catch-22ish.
Just did same. Taking delivery Wednesday am and MA called my insurance co., who in turn called me to issue change effective Wednesday am. They sent updated cards with a 10/17 effective date. Makes it that much easier.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:19 PM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 218 Likes on 151 Posts
I'm just a wee bit confused by my MA's request that I notify my insurance company and have them fax him a copy of my new insurance card before I pick up the new car. How can they issue me one when I don't have the car yet? Seems a little Catch-22ish.
Give them the car's make and model and options, and possibly the VIN. In Massachusetts, where I live, you must have insurance on a car before you register it, so if you want to drive it off the lot (new or used), you need to have insurance in hand first.

In other words, I've gotten my insurance lined up before buying almost every vehicle I've ever purchased. (Exceptions are where I went directly from one vehicle to the next; our state has a grace period to transfer the registration & insurance, during which time you are covered. But don't screw up! )

FYI, the '09 Clubman I just bought used had all its maintenance done at Prestige Mini. Seems to be in good shape, and had the cold start rattle recall done there as well. Implies their service department does its job well.

Enjoy your new ride!

Old 10-15-2012, 01:20 PM
mikeythemars
1st Gear
Just to show how much variation there is going on in "fulfillment" of the voucher: I and another person on this board visited the same dealer at the same time last Saturday and probably went through the registration process within minutes of one another. That was done by sitting at a table and answering questions from a young lady who was fillling out the responses using pen and paper on a form.

The other poster who registered when I did got his email this morning.

I have still received nothing.

What scares me about that is something yet another poster mentioned: all those paper forms had to be sent back to MINI, where somebody then had to take each one and input everything someone else wrote down into a system.

If you are looking for "human error" to be made in gathering and recording names/emails etc., this is the way to make sure they happen.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mikeythemars
Just to show how much variation there is going on in "fulfillment" of the voucher: I and another person on this board visited the same dealer at the same time last Saturday and probably went through the registration process within minutes of one another. That was done by sitting at a table and answering questions from a young lady who was fillling out the responses using pen and paper on a form.

The other poster who registered when I did got his email this morning.

I have still received nothing.

What scares me about that is something yet another poster mentioned: all those paper forms had to be sent back to MINI, where somebody then had to take each one and input everything someone else wrote down into a system.

If you are looking for "human error" to be made in gathering and recording names/emails etc., this is the way to make sure they happen.
I'm not sure the papers go to HQ. At my dealer they input them on site. If you don't get yours ask the dealer to take the money off anyway and let them figure out to get compensated by Mini.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:16 PM
jgk6502
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mikeythemars
They probably entered your email wrong. I would give the dealer a call and have them look up your name.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:21 PM
mikeythemars
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Luckyelfie
I'm not sure the papers go to HQ. At my dealer they input them on site. If you don't get yours ask the dealer to take the money off anyway and let them figure out to get compensated by Mini.
the email

I will be in touch with my MA and the dealer whether or not I receive the email certificate and am not concerned about them trying to back out of giving me the credit. What I am more concerned about is the impact of the certificate restriction of having to take delivery no later than 1/2/13 (again, I was told when I ordered and put down a deposit for my MINI that I was looking at a delivery time of no earlier than mid to late January).

Old 10-15-2012, 06:05 PM
jbat66
4th Gear
I think there is a national law, that if you have car insurance, then when you buy a new vehicle you have 15 days of automatic insurance. This gives you time to get to the insurance agent. I just purchased two minis about 3 weeks apart from each other, and had to show that I had car insurance. It didn't matter what car, just that I had car insurance in my name. If I didn't' show the card, they would not have released the car(s).

Old 10-16-2012, 06:16 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I still have not received the email even though I attended the Not Normal event on the 6th. I contacted my MA yesterday and he said he'd look into it. I got a call from him at the end of the day. He said I'm all set with the rebate. The dealership has all of the information they need. He said I may or may not still receive the email but it doesn't matter. I suspect my email address was screwed up when the "Not Normal" lady wrote it down so that's why I never received anything.

Last edited by kwolfman; 10-16-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:23 PM
jacksongls
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered my car from a dealer about three hours away. My MA said I didn't need to try and come all the way there just to register for Motor-Tober, that she'd sign me up and handle everything. I didn't even know about it until she told me she was saving me $750. I didn't get any kind of certificate or email or anything. So just a tip for anyone who ordered a good distance away: really make sure that you absolutely have to attend the event in person. Your MA can likely just sign you up and you're good to go.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:35 AM
dmahoney12
1st Gear
I got a call this morning from my MA saying my car came in overnight which is good news. He then said that Mini sent them a letter saying that the not normal promotion is not good for Priority 1 cars so I can't use the certificate from the event. His manager just let him know. Has anyone actually used a certificate for a car that was already ordered?

Dave

Old 10-18-2012, 07:07 AM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by dmahoney12
I got a call this morning from my MA saying my car came in overnight which is good news. He then said that Mini sent them a letter saying that the not normal promotion is not good for Priority 1 cars so I can't use the certificate from the event. His manager just let him know. Has anyone actually used a certificate for a car that was already ordered?

Dave
Reading my certificate, there is NOTHING that excludes a pre ordered Priority 1 car. My MA checked with MiniUSA when I first asked him about it and they said it was for ALL cars purchased/received by 1/2/12. I call BS on your dealer.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:10 AM
dmahoney12
1st Gear
He said there is a memo from MINI USA that was sent out. He is scanning it for me. I will let you know.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:43 AM
czar4
2nd Gear
He said there is a memo from MINI USA that was sent out. He is scanning it for me. I will let you know.
My dealer said there is a 14 page memo, but he said I qualified, and I picked up my pre-ordered car yesterday with no problem. And the rebate was taken off the sales price (i.e., saved sales tax).

I think I got lucky with my MA - not perfect in regard to providing info but he was an advocate for me during the whole process.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:27 AM
mikeythemars
1st Gear

Dave
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a priority 1 order?

Quick Reply: Current promotion details for October