1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Current promotion details for October

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Gluhwein
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been assured by my MA that I'm getting the $750 (plus tax savings) off my car that we'll pick up Saturday. I also ordered mine the first week of September.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:38 PM
dmahoney12
1st Gear
Mini of Sterling in Virginia didn't let me use it. Not happy. There were a bunch of us complaining and they turned everyone down. I took a picture of the memo. I will post it later.

Dave

Old 10-18-2012, 06:43 PM
willieboy
2nd Gear
As I wrote earlier in this thread, it is not available for those who had priority one orders in the system prior to the event. If your MA is giving you the credit on an ordered car prior to the event that was in priority one status, it's coming from the dealer, not MINI. MINI was clear on this from the beginning. The latest bulletin just verifies it in bold print.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:25 AM
Gluhwein
4th Gear
If my dealer wouldn't accept that coupon, I'd cancel the sale and go elsewhere. They might try to keep the deposit, but I'd still be $250 ahead on the deal and working with people I could trust.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
My MA called and gave me the line about MiniUSA no longer honoring the $750 on my car. Even though I have it in writing and there are no exclusions on the voucher. I'm very sad to say after a 6 week wait for a car I dearly loved, I'm walking away. My deposit is refundable. Unfortunately I just sold my car so now I have to "settle" on something.

Old 10-19-2012, 03:00 PM
czar4
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Luckyelfie
My MA called and gave me the line about MiniUSA no longer honoring the $750 on my car. Even though I have it in writing and there are no exclusions on the voucher. I'm very sad to say after a 6 week wait for a car I dearly loved, I'm walking away. My deposit is refundable. Unfortunately I just sold my car so now I have to "settle" on something.
Not sure if it's possible but could you go to another dealer with the cert and have them "trade" stock for your car and then sell it to you?

Old 10-19-2012, 04:03 PM
PW Baker Street
2nd Gear
trading stock my be difficult, as when I inquired about searching other dealer inventory, as this would most likely fall under, the transport cost would fall on the buyer. Searching dealerships that would honor the cert. as mine did may be your best bet. My dealer would honor all incentives status one orders to new orders, but when I originally ordered I had a $500 incentive to take delivery prior to Oct 1st, I actually made out missing the Sept delivery and receiving the $750 plus 1.9%. But you would also have to consider, while accepting any published promotion, my dealer get list. Shop other dealerships.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:17 PM
inlieu
2nd Gear
I just got an email from my MA confirming that MINI USA placed some restrictions on the $750 voucher in recent history. However, due to numerous complaints from many dealerships MINI USA has taken a step back and has dropped said restrictions. Please check back with your MA's about this so that you too can take advantage!

Old 10-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Well yesterday my MA called and said they would take the $750 off of our negotiated price. Not sure if the dealer is eating it or MiniUSA came through but I'm thrilled. I was out looking at other cars when they called and wasn't excited about anything I saw.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:56 AM
JoanieB
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Luckyelfie, so glad that they worked it out. I would not have been able to walk away from the MINI, even if they had not come through. To me, if it is a car that you really want, that is really only a couple more payments.... you will be so glad when you get it, and you will enjoy it so much!

Old 10-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by JoanieB
Luckyelfie, so glad that they worked it out. I would not have been able to walk away from the MINI, even if they had not come through. To me, if it is a car that you really want, that is really only a couple more payments.... you will be so glad when you get it, and you will enjoy it so much!
Everyone told me I was being foolish for walking away, but I did not want to start the experience with a bad taste in my mouth. I know I'm buying a car that has quirks and needed to know that I could trust my dealer and MiniUSA to stand by me. If they break their word so early in the game over a relatively small amount of money, what would they do if a big ticket issue arose?

Old 10-21-2012, 01:12 PM
czar4
2nd Gear

Everyone told me I was being foolish for walking away, but I did not want to start the experience with a bad taste in my mouth. I know I'm buying a car that has quirks and needed to know that I could trust my dealer and MiniUSA to stand by me. If they break their word so early in the game over a relatively small amount of money, what would they do if a big ticket issue arose?
I agree - on top of that, there's plenty of margin on these cars for the dealer to be able to work with you.

Most interesting to me is that I had read through last year's motor tober thread and people were having identical issues - you would have thought they'd have figured it out for this round.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:05 PM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 218 Likes on 151 Posts
There was NOTHING foolish about walking away from a deal where they didn't uphold their end of the bargain. You did right!

Any time a deal doesn't feel right, don't do it! It is *your* money, after all, that makes the deal happen.

They needed to sell you that car much more than you needed to buy it. So it worked out well in the end.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bratling

There was NOTHING foolish about walking away from a deal where they didn't uphold their end of the bargain. You did right!

Any time a deal doesn't feel right, don't do it! It is *your* money, after all, that makes the deal happen.

They needed to sell you that car much more than you needed to buy it. So it worked out well in the end.
Thank you! I was sad at first but things worked out, so I'm happy. I'd be happier if I could get my hands on her though! Still a week to go.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:38 AM
Denzien
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone who hasn't received their voucher...be sure to check your Spam box -- I just found mine there.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:42 AM
BJM
3rd Gear
I received my voucher about 42 hours after attending the event

Old 10-22-2012, 07:47 AM
aleclee
3rd Gear
Got mine today at about 5 a.m. MDT.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:45 PM
inlieu
2nd Gear
I attended mine on 10/20 and received mine at precisely 6:11am this morning.

I thought it was surprisingly quick compared to some of the other posts I've seen around NAM.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:30 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I never did receive my email even though I attended on the 6th. I picked up my car this past Thursday (25th) and my MA had all my Not Normal information. He even had the original "survey" the Not Normal lady filled out when she registered me at the event. As I thought she mis-wrote my email address. She left off a letter.

No matter, the dealer applied the $750 to my purchase as if I had negotiated an additional $750 off. In other words, it came off before taxes, so I saved on taxes.

At the end of the day, I decided to get the extended Service and Maintenance plans. Normally I wouldn't do that but I figured the free $750 I wasn't expecting was applied to the cost of those plans. I tend to keep my cars for many years (10+) and I know MINI service and maint are very expensive so I'm guessing the plans will pay for themselves (or close to it.)

Old 10-27-2012, 05:35 PM
amancuso
5th Gear
I missed the event, but ordered my MINI today, they gave me $500 off.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by kwolfman
I never did receive my email even though I attended on the 6th. I picked up my car this past Thursday (25th) and my MA had all my Not Normal information. He even had the original "survey" the Not Normal lady filled out when she registered me at the event. As I thought she mis-wrote my email address. She left off a letter.

No matter, the dealer applied the $750 to my purchase as if I had negotiated an additional $750 off. In other words, it came off before taxes, so I saved on taxes.

At the end of the day, I decided to get the extended Service and Maintenance plans. Normally I wouldn't do that but I figured the free $750 I wasn't expecting was applied to the cost of those plans. I tend to keep my cars for many years (10+) and I know MINI service and maint are very expensive so I'm guessing the plans will pay for themselves (or close to it.)
I did the same thing.