1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Current promotion details for October

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 03:23 PM
KPspec
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Current promotion details for October

Well new to this forum. Appreciate the help.

I am about to order my 2013, I holding off till Mini released the press that 2014s are aways out, 2nd half of 2014 is the PR that was released 10/2.

Anyways I also see that Mini is going to run dealer promotions for the MotoOctober event.

I already see they are offering 1.9% for all 2013s for October , delivery by 1/31/13 and option to make 90 days interest only payment.

But the real question is what are the incentives going to be.

I've so far seen $750.00 off a new order or purchase. Is this true.

Any details would help aide in my ordering/ negation.

Thanks for the help, and look forward to exploring the forum.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:42 PM
er.
3rd Gear
Yes. At least for Baltimore, $750 confirmed today. All dealerships nationwide were due to be able to confirm today (Oct 2).

Old 10-03-2012, 07:41 AM
KPspec
Neutral
reply I got conformation from the Dealer in Seattle its $750, but no word if you can combine other offers

Old 10-03-2012, 11:27 AM
KPspec
Neutral
Seattle Mini has confirmed that you are able to combine with additional offers

Such as the College Grad promotion

Potential for big savings !

Old 10-03-2012, 11:30 AM
BJM
3rd Gear
I got this from my MA this morning.

"1. Your MINI is supposed to land at the port in NJ on the 11th. From then it will usually take about a week or so to get here.
2. We can honor the extra $750 off, but under a couple conditions. You have to come to the event (ours is on the 20th) and register to get the credit. Then once you come and register, you can take delivery of your MINI. It will have to be during the week of 22nd. You can not pick up your new MINI until after the event to get the credit."

Old 10-04-2012, 03:03 AM
Gluhwein
4th Gear
Is this discount some sort of coupon given out by ALL MINI dealerships? Could I get one at my local dealership and use it elsewhere? My closest MINI dealership is 45 minutes away, but I ordered my car two hours away. I'd rather not drive all that distance in my trade-in if I didn't have to.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:19 AM
bratling
Super Moderator
Received 218 Likes on 151 Posts
All MINI dealers have been running this promotion for months. It's a slight discount from BMW to try to get you to do the deal.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Gluhwein
4th Gear
It wasn't offered to me when I ordered my car at the beginning of September. I get the impression from the first and second posts that this is something new.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:30 PM
bratling
Super Moderator
Hmm. Well, I may be mistaken, but I do recall visiting MINI of Peabody in August and seeing that on their "specials" board. I dunno!

Old 10-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Gluhwein
4th Gear
Yippee Skippee!

My MA just called and said I too was eligible for the $750 discount. But I do have to actually attend the event. That'll bring my monthly payment down close to $15.00. Too bad I'll have to drive two hours each way to get the coupon.

Let's see...220 miles roundtrip at approx 37 mpg will be about 6 gallons in my old MINI...times $4.20 per gallon = $25.20 in gas vs $750.00 off the price of the new car. No brainer. I just wonder if my trade-in will lose more value with an additional 220 miles on her?

Old 10-06-2012, 11:06 AM
KPspec
Neutral
Who takes the $750 hit, the dealer or MINI? Yet to get a clear answer.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:16 PM
er.
3rd Gear
MINI (BMW). Not the dealer.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:38 PM
willieboy
2nd Gear
The event wi be at every MINI dealer in the country during October and on the day the dealer chooses. The $750.00 certificate is valid on all MINI's delivered on the day of the event through 1-2-13. You must register for the event in your chosen dealers website. Then you must attend the event to receive the incentive. You may use the incentive at any MINI dealer you want. If you have a MINI on order in priority one status, you do not qualify for the incentive. All this per MINI bulletin. Hope this helps. Great opportunity for sure.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:25 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I attended my dealer's Not Normal event yesterday. It was busy, but not much more than on a normal Saturday. There was a table of burgers, hotdogs and bagels. There was also a small table with a Not Normal sign and a pretty girl taking "survey" information. I believe this was the registration table. I gave her my contact information including email address. I then spoke with the Sales Manager. He said all of the survey information gets bundled up at the end of the day and sent off to Miniusa (snail mail?). They are supposed to respond with an email to all you signed up and it is supposed to include some sort of number code. Apparently that code is voucher/rebate.
The Sales Manager also said he is going to try as best he can to enable me to get the rebate even though I have a car already on order (in fact it left port yesterday).
The "event" was a bit underwhelming. I was expecting some token handouts such as key chains or ball caps. Other than the food there was nothing. At least I got a chance to see a Green Park MCS in the flesh. I'm glad I ordered one. I loved the color combo.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:34 AM
bratling
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by kwolfman
They are supposed to respond with an email to all you signed up and it is supposed to include some sort of number code. Apparently that code is voucher/rebate.
I can confirm that when I attended the promotional event at MINI of Peabody (Massachusetts) recently, they did indeed follow up with an email with the code within a day or two.

The "event" was a bit underwhelming. I was expecting some token handouts such as key chains or ball caps. Other than the food there was nothing. At least I got a chance to see a Green Park MCS in the flesh. I'm glad I ordered one. I loved the color combo.
When I attended they were giving away steel MINI water bottles. I don't know if it varies by dealer, or by what MINI USA's event staff has still in stock, or what…

Old 10-07-2012, 01:01 PM
czar4
2nd Gear
. If you have a MINI on order in priority one status, you do not qualify for the incentive.
That's what worries me about qualifying. How would I know?

Old 10-07-2012, 01:04 PM
czar4
2nd Gear
I attended my dealer's Not Normal event yesterday. It was busy, but not much more than on a normal Saturday. There was a table of burgers, hotdogs and bagels. There was also a small table with a Not Normal sign and a pretty girl taking "survey" information. I believe this was the registration table. I gave her my contact information including email address. I then spoke with the Sales Manager. He said all of the survey information gets bundled up at the end of the day and sent off to Miniusa (snail mail?). They are supposed to respond with an email to all you signed up and it is supposed to include some sort of number code. Apparently that code is voucher/rebate.
The Sales Manager also said he is going to try as best he can to enable me to get the rebate even though I have a car already on order (in fact it left port yesterday).
I would think since you register online they would be able to confirm it digitally. Hope so! If I do qualify, I'm able to take delivery ASAP after the event. Was hoping to go the 13th and then pick up Monday or Tuesday.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:42 PM
6thGear
4th Gear
Originally Posted by willieboy
The event wi be at every MINI dealer in the country during October and on the day the dealer chooses. The $750.00 certificate is valid on all MINI's delivered on the day of the event through 1-2-13. You must register for the event in your chosen dealers website. Then you must attend the event to receive the incentive. You may use the incentive at any MINI dealer you want. If you have a MINI on order in priority one status, you do not qualify for the incentive. All this per MINI bulletin. Hope this helps. Great opportunity for sure.
What is this? Is it a special program you pay more for?

Old 10-08-2012, 08:47 PM
aleclee
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by 6thGear
What is this? Is it a special program you pay more for?
It's an indication in the supply system indicating that the order is for a customer as opposed to dealer stock.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Luckyelfie
3rd Gear
Per my MA he confirmed even Priority 1 orders will qualify. I have it in writing that I can use it on my car ordered in September with delivery at the end of this month.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:04 PM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Has anyone actually seen a voucher/rebate? Anyone received an email from MINIUSA after attending their Not Normal Event. I'm asking because I attended last Saturday and registered then. I haven't seen anything since then.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:44 PM
MiniDan
2nd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I also attended the event last Saturday I just received my voucher today

Old 10-12-2012, 06:44 AM
kwolfman
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniDan
I also attended the event last Saturday I just received my voucher today
Did you receive this via snail-mail or email?

Old 10-12-2012, 10:14 AM
MiniDan
2nd Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Did you receive this via snail-mail or email?
Via email.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:41 AM
TX JCW
2nd Gear
My MA said that we could use the voucher on our car which should be delivered next week but the event isn't until the 20th. Is it just me or do you think it is dumb that you have to wait for a voucher to purchase the car. Shouldn't it be available the same day as the sale?

Quick Reply: Current promotion details for October