1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JCW Countryman...Ordering tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 10:31 AM
LOVESEXY
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JCW Countryman...Ordering tomorrow!

Hi all! Getting ready to place my order for the 2013 JCW Countryman! A little nervous since it is completely sight unseen and brand new. A couple of questions for my fellow enthusiasts:
  • Has anyone else ordered one of these yet? Did you get any discounts off sticker price? Thoughts???
  • Any "Must Haves" to check off on the list?
  • It looks like after add-ons, the price could be close to $45K plus tax and warranties....isn't that totally a crazy sticker price?? What are some other opinions of MINI owners? Is it worth the price?
I currently own a 1991 Acura NSX and my daily driver is a Benz C63...I love fun and fast cars! Looking for something fun, fast and can sport around my kids at the same time. I have had my eye on the MINIs for quite awhile...I think I am ready pull the trigger. I think I need a little reassurance from the MINI experts....

Old 10-12-2012, 10:54 AM
mdsbrain
OVERDRIVE
Well its a Countryman with more power, better brakes and some styling. I say its going to be a great car. Features to add are on you to decide from the miniusa.com configuration.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:52 AM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Most of the "is it worth it" conversations with folks about MINIs, any kind, boil down to: if you really want a MINI, nothing else will do.

At any price point, another vehicle x can be named that is "better" (at something), faster, longer-lived, holds more, whatever.

Yes, for what I paid for my MCS, I could've purchased a ___________.

But I really wanted a MINI.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:59 PM
LOVESEXY
1st Gear
I think I fall into the "I just want a MINI" group. :-) Now that the JCW can give me four doors and Auto...I have no more excuses! Been playing with colors choices all night online. Leaning towards all black. The dealer says that they have access to all the options for this model available in their system. We'll see how it goes! I know as soon as I place the order, I'll be itching like everyone else for that delivery date to get here as soon as possible.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:07 PM
AustinFule211
1st Gear
My dealer just ordered a black JCW Countryman with Chili Red sport stripes for their inventory. Unfortunately, the prices for add-ons were blocked. I am planning on ordering mine once they release the price sheet. With the NOT NORMAL SALES EVENT, I will be able to get $1500 off. I think I will probably get another $500 more off with major discounts on accessories since I've bought 3 MINIs and a BMW from them. I want a black JCW CMS with Chili Red roof and mirror caps, no sport stripes.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:15 PM
LOVESEXY
1st Gear
Nice! But how are you going to get the $1500 off? I thought the event was like $750 off or something? Also..supposedly my dealer just got access to the option pricing...but cant yet do the Configurator for the Countryman JCW yet. They have said that they only have one "pre-ordering/build" spot for this car, so I don't expect they are going to be too generous with any discounts....

Old 10-12-2012, 09:23 PM
AustinFule211
1st Gear
My dealer said I can get $1500 off the bat if I order the JCW CMS. They are matching the $750 NOT NORMAL SALE, totaling $1500. I think that's a great deal in itself, which is usually what employees get since Mini doesn't provide any official employee assistance. Since I have bought multiple cars from them, I think they will give me more discounts, such as no dealer fees and any accessories they have in stock. I just ordered a 2012 CMS 6 weeks ago for Mom, and was able to get $1750 off and an additional $500 off total in accessories...I guess that's why I've stuck with them.

What is the average discount for everyone else?

Old 10-13-2012, 06:23 PM
LOVESEXY
1st Gear
Done! Ordered the JCW Countryman this afternoon. Delivery date is scheduled for late December. It was not an easy process though because both the guys at the dealer and myself could not really get all our questions answered on some minor detailing. To really understand what options were what we had to look at the Countrymans on the lot as well as the JCW hardtops on the lot. There were also multiple wheel options...including a 19". All the dealer had to see was a black and white photo. For now, I went with the stock JCW 18"s. I ended up selecting the Crystal Silver with Black top and the Black/red championship leather interior with Red Chili trim. I need to sleep on whether to stick with that red chili interior..maybe move to the piano black. The dealer said that I had until about Monday or so to make changes. Didnt like making some last minute decisions..however I did not have some of the options I expected. So...I am excited and nervous.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:19 PM
AustinFule211
1st Gear
Congrats LOVESEXY! December is just around the corner. The Crystal Silver is nicely subdued, so that pop of unexpected Chili Red inside would look awesome (at least in my imagination it does).

Old 10-14-2012, 12:43 AM
sn0wcrash
2nd Gear
I got white/black, but the other day I walked by silver/black with black/red interior and I was totally envious. My Jeep was bright silver/black so I wanted to switch it up, but after seeing that in person, it was the first time I have regretted getting the white. If I could do it over silver would have been it.

Guess ill save that for the Paceman haha.

Personally my only "must have" in cars is HID headlights.

Good luck and post pics when you get it! Would love to be jealous again! Haha

Old 10-14-2012, 06:09 AM
Scamp
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AustinFule211

I placed my order for a 2013 MCS yesterday. I used the $750 from the sales event and negotiated $500 off the MSRP. So $1,250 total.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:19 PM
DizkoDan
1st Gear
So I'm interested where you got the December date from. I went to my Not Normal event the other day, and they told me that production on the JCW wont begin until January, with a March delivery date. I was able to build one with pricing on their internal system though (didn't order). I'm still debating the all4 vs the JCW personally, but that's for another thread.

-Dan

Old 10-14-2012, 12:34 PM
LOVESEXY
1st Gear
Dizko,

According to my dealer they have one build spot for delivery in 2012 as part of a "pre-production" sort of thing. They did say that once that spot was filled that there would probably not be any delivery on the JCW CM until March. Needless to say their flexibility on price was pretty much nil. Also, I think this will be the second most expensive MINI sold by this dealership next to the Goodwood they sold. Ouch! We are discussing what accessories I want to add post delivery and I expect to receive some savings there. The "big" accessory I want to add is a rear headrest DVD system for the kiddos. According to their parts and service guys, they have never installed one in a MINI..only other brands within their dealerships. Another unknown I seem to be venturing into with this dealership.. :-)

Old 10-14-2012, 12:43 PM
DizkoDan
1st Gear
Thanks LOVESEXY.

Yeah, the price is pretty ridiculous. Optioned out, the build I did came to $45k! I could probably shave about $1k off that for some stuff I don't really want/need, but still...

Old 10-14-2012, 12:59 PM
LOVESEXY
1st Gear
Exactly! My build came to $45.5 with tax. Holy Moly! Can't help it though...love the leather, need the Automatic and I'm a little techie at heart. :-) Gotta have the goodies! I might shave off the Moonroof before it goes to final...have read that because there is no solid cover on the inside it can get let the heat in pretty good. Here in Texas...that can mean scorching hot! Love the look though...hmmmm...still deciding.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:32 PM
LOVESEXY
1st Gear
Dizko...what did you think about the 19" wheels? I was told the upgrade price was $750..not too bad. I have no idea how that might effect the ride. What were your thoughts? I found this pic of them on the UK site:

http://www.mini.co.uk/model-range/jo...ks-countryman/

Old 10-14-2012, 04:09 PM
czar4
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by AustinFule211
My MA offered $1200 off MSRP on any car on the lot or any one I wanted to order - no haggling. I wasn't sure if that was good, but he let me walk away twice so I realized it was take it or leave it, and I thought it was pretty fair. And nice not to haggle. That plus the $750 from NOT NORMAL puts me at $1950 off sticker.

Can't wait to see the new JCW in person. I think I would have waited if it were in my budget, but it just ain't so. Maybe the next round

Old 10-14-2012, 06:45 PM
DizkoDan
1st Gear
Originally Posted by LOVESEXY
Dizko...what did you think about the 19" wheels? I was told the upgrade price was $750..not too bad. I have no idea how that might effect the ride. What were your thoughts? I found this pic of them on the UK site:

http://www.mini.co.uk/model-range/jo...ks-countryman/
I like them, but wouldn't personally get them. The ride is gonna be rough enough on 18's for me. I guess it depends on the surfaces you'll be spending the most time on. Our roads are horrible in the DC area.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:15 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LOVESEXY
[*]It looks like after add-ons, the price could be close to $45K plus tax and warranties....isn't that totally a crazy sticker price??
Did you or anyone else get a price on an extended warranty for the JCW Countryman? I'm thinking of getting one for 100k miles....wondering what is a decent price for that.

I've had my deposit on a JCW Countryman for quite a while....anxiously awaiting to officially order...

Old 10-17-2012, 02:25 PM
LOVESEXY
1st Gear
I did not order the extended warranty at the time of order. I was told I could add the warranty up until the manufacturer warranty ends...though the pricing may be different.

I was given a sheet with some pricing. S models and JCWs are priced higher than standard models and vehicles with MINI Connected/nav are higher. What model do you want to get quoted on? I can tell you what my sheet says for that model.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:32 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
2013 JCW Countryman like you! Thanks!

Old 10-17-2012, 02:40 PM
LOVESEXY
1st Gear
Well then..I hope you are sitting down! :-)

No Connected/Nav With Connected/Nav
5/100,000 $2,380 $2,850
6/100,000 $2,800 $3,380
7/70,000 $2,910 $3,500
7/100,000 $3,310 $3,900

Old 10-17-2012, 03:11 PM
greatgro
6th Gear
Not getting the Nav so these are actually better than expected numbers (2300-2800). I've put $5000-6000 in both my MCS and Clubman S after 50k miles so I was hoping for something in the 3,000 range. Thanks!