1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First MINI Loving It!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 08:34 AM
Kate in the Middle
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First MINI Loving It!

Hello Friends!

I'm Karen....AKA Katie or Kate and the very proud owner of a new-to-me 2009 MINI Cooper S, Pepper White with Black Roof...

Or as I just read in here a 09 PW/B MCS. Did I do that correctly?

Having so much fun thinking about how to add a few details to make her my own and found this site while looking for ideas.

She has a couple of ahem..."squeaks" too I'm looking to figure out but she's really in beautiful condition. I'm a School Nurse in the great Midwest. MINI dealerships are far, far, away....not sure how to handle that yet.
So glad to run across this forum. What a great site! AND what a great car I haven't had this much fun driving since...don't think I've ever had this much fun driving!

Old 10-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome!!! (and yes you did it correctly )

Old 10-20-2012, 09:31 AM
Pathy01
2nd Gear
Hi Kate. Welcome to the site. Yes, you've got the shorthand naming convention down pat already, nice job. Sounds like a really nice car and a great color combination. These cars really are a blast to drive. Most squeaks or rattles can be tracked down and solved with a little bit of foam tape. Best of luck with the car.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:36 PM
WildThang
4th Gear
Hi Kate! We need a photo of that 09 PW/B MCS! (btw, you did that perfect!)

Here is a link to the KC MINI Club: http://forums.kcminiclub.com/index.php A great group of MINI owners!

Old 10-23-2012, 02:14 PM
RSchleder
3rd Gear
Pepper white---what a great color! You did GOOD!

Old 10-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Kate in the Middle
Neutral
Thanks for the welcomes, the KC link (I'll have to check that out when I'm up there!) and the tape hint. The crazy squeak in the hatch was resolved with a little spray lubricant but the other one is a little more concerning. Sounds like steering but is only when I turn to the right. Can't find the steering fluid reservoir isn't that a hoot? Maybe there will be a thread about that. Anyhow, thanks again. It's fun running across another MINI when out and about...we share a little something don't we! Thanks for reminding me to include a picture will have to do that. Love looking at all of yours. She's just stock and no stripes. I did add checkerboard valve stem caps though, ha!

Old 10-24-2012, 10:06 AM
TheMagoobler
1st Gear
Welcome Kate! Welcome to NAM and MINI ownership! You are going to love it. WildThang is right, we need some shots of her! Good luck sorting out those squeaks, I am working on that too.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:39 AM
submitaweasel
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kate in the Middle
Thanks for the welcomes, the KC link (I'll have to check that out when I'm up there!) and the tape hint. The crazy squeak in the hatch was resolved with a little spray lubricant but the other one is a little more concerning. Sounds like steering but is only when I turn to the right. Can't find the steering fluid reservoir isn't that a hoot? Maybe there will be a thread about that. Anyhow, thanks again. It's fun running across another MINI when out and about...we share a little something don't we! Thanks for reminding me to include a picture will have to do that. Love looking at all of yours. She's just stock and no stripes. I did add checkerboard valve stem caps though, ha!
Could just be spring bind you're hearing. Not too uncommon with the macpherson struts...also, welcome!!