1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOS mini owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Macworks
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOS mini owner

I just purchased a bright red 2004 mini cooper s works. You might say it was a barn find. It is in as new condition,with 4,800 miles. I drove it 4 years ago. I was surprised at the performance. It became available last week. Its been serviced, but I am not sure what to do next. Its in Texas and will need to be brought to california. Do I ship it or drive it back. How do I find out more about what it really is.
About myself, I am a retired industrial arts teacher. I live in San Diego. I have been a car nut since the age of 14. I found that I could make more money buying old cars out of backyards getting them running and off they went. I got two tickets for driving without before I was old enough to get a permit. My last bright red car was a 49MG TC that I kept for 30 years.The only other red car was a 37 Auburn boat tailed roadster that I kept for about 8 hours. My current motor stable consists of three diesels. Too bad there isn't a mini diesel.
Bottom line here, tell me what to look for to understand what my impulse bought.
Macmini