1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

North Dallas NooB

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 02:25 PM
Geaux4Breauxk
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
North Dallas NooB

NooB to the Mini world. My name is Scott. I live in North Dallas, specifically Prosper, TX. Bought my first Mini 2 days ago. Edistava (Finnish meaning to advance or leave quickly or with great speed) is an 02 Cooper S in Electric Blue on White. Unmolested with 124k miles. Great condition just needs few items fixed. Have a few bucks left over from the sale of my Jeep to start the transformation. Got turned on to both classic and new Minis while deployed to Germany a few times. Hooked ever since, but never had the money before.

My story, I'm a disabled vet with a decade in the Air Force. Married for 10 years. 2 boys, a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old and twin boys on the way. My wife is from west Texas and I am from New Orleans. Going back to school in Jan, probably for my ASE certification.

Will start ordering parts after the first. Looking at SC Pully, IC couplers, IC Diverter Plate, Front LP Holder, OEM upper engine torque mount, AFE Intake, new plugs and wires, B&M SS, Craven shift ****, valve cover gasket, PS res o ring being ordered on the first.

After that, it's control arm bushings, rear main seal, oil pan gasket, clutch and flywheel. Fixing some interior stuff. And then all bets are off and it's anything and everything I can afford.

Just working up to a wicked DD. Not really interested in hunting down track events, but if the entry price is right and the safety equipment list isn't huge, I might be convinced to partake in some.

Scott Thomas