1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just waitin

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 11:45 AM
skidgob
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just waitin

Hi everyone I am from England originally, close to Nottingham. I now Live in the US and I am waiting for my second MINI to arrive from Oxford. Previously I owned a MINI cooper hardtop BRG with hood stripes. It ran like a watch for three years then I decide I needed to try the clubman. The clubman when I was a kid was know as the countryman and you could get one with wood trim! My step father owned an original cooper S in the seventies. Many hours where spent fixing it up and customizing it with wheel spacers and wheel arch trims and go faster parts. The car got so rusty that eventually it split in half while we where going along the express way at about 70 mph. The car was scrapped and we where left with great memory's blasting round the country lanes in the cooper. I saw the MINI in 2001 and loved it at first sight, my ex wife sneered and said "You can't have one of those its not a family car". I now have an awesome wife who wants me to be happy. So now I am waiting for my chili red clubman S to get here from old Blighty. She is on AIDA a W&W roll on roll off ship. I just tracked it out of Zeebrugge habour and down the English channel, kind of strange because I left Zeebrugge a couple of times on car ferry's to and from the continent from England and I can remember it well. I am proud that such an awesome car is made in good old England, they do a fantastic job.
I should get her in a couple of weeks and I am getting exited at the prospect of picking her up at Towne MINI in Buffalo.

Old 10-27-2012, 03:03 PM
amancuso
5th Gear
Hi, I'm also waiting for my 2nd MINI. Just ordered it today!

Old 11-01-2012, 07:11 PM
skidgob
Neutral
Owners lounge out of sync

Okay the MINI owners lounge is very out of sync with the real world. It says my MINI is scheduled for production, but if I put in the vin number on the W&W website it tells me its on the Ship AIDA. Then when I plug in the ships name into www.marinetraffic.com its shows it is now two thirds of the way across the Atlantic. So for anyone trying to track their MINI I found its best to call ask MIN

Old 11-01-2012, 07:14 PM
amancuso
5th Gear
Originally Posted by skidgob
Okay the MINI owners lounge is very out of sync with the real world. It says my MINI is scheduled for production, but if I put in the vin number on the W&W website it tells me its on the Ship AIDA. Then when I plug in the ships name into www.marinetraffic.com its shows it is now two thirds of the way across the Atlantic. So for anyone trying to track their MINI I found its best to call ask MIN

Thanks for the tip Skidgob.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:35 PM
skidgob
Neutral
Owners Lounge

I think the only good thing about the owners lounge is the ability to obtain the VIN number when it starts production. After that keep calling ask MINI until they say its shipped. Then keep logging onto the W&W website and every 6 hours plug in your VIN. The W&W website in almost real time. Once the ship has left Southampton goto www.marinetraffic.com and input the ships name on the upper left hand side in the Vessel input dialog you will the see it all the way across the Atlantic when you track it every 12 hours or so.