1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Have This Horrible Image in My Head . . .

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 05:54 AM
El Kabong
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Have This Horrible Image in My Head . . .

. . . of my new Highgate sitting on the dock on Bayonne, NJ, completely submerged in salt water.

I know, that sounds really selfish, seeing as how so many people have lost their homes. Hope you all made it through Sandy without any lasting damage. Since I live in western NJ, about 50 miles from the ocean, we suffered no damage (although there are a lot of trees down). We have no power, but we do have cell phone service and water.

Last night, I broke out the old Coleman two-burner camp stove and made us a nice dinner, while holding a Mini-Mag in my teeth.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:22 AM
El Kabong
2nd Gear
Still no word on my car. The dealership (in NYC) has been closed all week because they have no power. My MA emails me periodically, but there is no word. The ship carrying my Highgate arrived in NJ last Thursday, just before the hurricane hit. I'm just hoping the car wasn't damaged.

It's just as well that I have to wait. Getting around is so difficult. There's no gas to be had, and even if I could gas up, you can't drive into NYC unless you have 3 people in your car, and I would have to drive in to trade in my current car.

Old 11-02-2012, 06:42 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sincerely... good luck and I really hope your MINI was not damaged. So sorry to hear things are such a mess up there.

And I don't think you are being selfish at all. You can have concern for more than one thing or one person. Should a person who contracts.... say.... Lyme disease not feel frustrated and upset because others are finding out they have cancer? Nah..... don't feel guilty or selfish about your concern for your car.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:56 PM
El Kabong
2nd Gear
Got a call from my MA today.

Bad news -While my car arrived in Bayonne a week ago Thursday, my car is still at the port.

Good news - It was not moved to the warehouse. That's good because the warehouse was flooded. She says that. She had not heard of any damage at the port. Hopefully that's accurate. She says no news is good news.

Bad news. The port is set to reopen on Monday, although they're going to be really backed up, so I'll have to continue to be patient. In addition, there's no gas to fill up the car.

So, maybe a week from now.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:32 AM
Kimberlyfour
2nd Gear
Sorry to hear about your extended wait. Hopefully your MINIs arrival will coincide with a return of power and a the availability of gas.