1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mini owner from Canada

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 AM
snowbelt sportscar
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mini owner from Canada

Hi all:
bought my (first) Mini in August and been having a blast. I've always wanted to own one, and quite by accident found her at a local KIA dealer calling my name. 2008 Mini Cooper Pepper White, stock wheels and equipment.
I've been pleasantly surprised every time I take her out and last weekend discovered the intermittent wiper button !!

This car is sweet. Goes like jack the bear, handles and rides great, like owning a puppy ! Everyone wants to look at it or talk about it.

I've had some issues with low headlight aiming- and I've read here about a fairly complicated procedure to re-aim the lights.

I managed to get some flat washers behind the lower inside mounting bolt assys, couldn't get the outer ones loose as the nuts are rusted to the bolts. It has made a huge difference in the lights , but I will get a dealer to do it properly next spring.

I live in midwestern Ontario ,Canada, wedged between Lake Huron and Georgian Bay- we are used to lots of snow here, so I plan on storing her for the winter in a heated garage. ( any tips or instructions welcomed !!)

I will be disconnecting the battery, I've been letting the fuel run down and will get the oil changed . I've read in my manual full synthetic only.
Also I've been using premium fuel as recommended , and found a place that sells 94 octane.

I'd like to replace the stock air breather with a K&N set up next spring- any thoughts or opinions ?

Any comments or help would be appreciated. looks like a whole lot of knowledgable Mini owners here .

Nice to sign on .