1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New here and to Minis

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 03:02 PM
francis_a
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New here and to Minis

Hi!
Just introducing myself. Got myself a new-to-me 2010 Mini Cooper Clubman.
Even though it's not the "S" model, I feel that it still has enough power to get going even with 4 onboard and some luggage.

Not too happy with the headlights though as mine came with the halogens. Guess I'm just used to the HIDs in both our Audi A4s. Probably gonna look to replace the headlights with Mini HIDs sometime soon.

Looking to learn about the car in these forums.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Awesome! Welcome to the Mini community! The Clubman is a great car. My wife bought one the weekend they were introduced, without a single prompting or pushing from me. That's when I knew these cars were something special because she had two Hyundais before the Mini and I was certain she'd go back to them but the Clubman sold itself! Hers isn't an S and I know what you mean. It's plenty peppie even without the turbo, and there's ample room for adults and luggage.

I had an Indie Blue '04 Cooper S. Sold it with 165k miles on it this year and just ordered a JCW Coupe to replace that one. Be glad you didn't get the S. Once you're used to speeding like that you'll only want more. LOL!

You'll find a lot of good ideas here and when Mini Takes the States comes back (It's a nationwide tour from Mini corporate just for Mini owners and their friends), you should join other Mini owners for that. It's lots of fun.

I'm based on the north shore of Boston. If your'e around tomorrow morning Mini of Peabody is having a car run at 8am in memory of one legendary Mini fan who used to work for them. It's a great way to connect with fellow Mini owners, but it is short notice.

Welcome and happy motoring!

Old 11-17-2012, 03:21 PM
francis_a
1st Gear
Thanks for the welcome.
Whoa! There are events for the Minis? That's awesoeme.
Wish I am available tomorrow. Son and I are going mtn biking tomorrow with a group and I kinda already signed up as chaperone. Maybe next time.

I'm loving the Mini every time I drive it. Got the 6-speed manual and everytime I drive my other car, an Audi A4 with Tiptronic, I feel bored. Funny thing is, now I want to trade in my A4 for an "S". Wife thinks I'm crazy.

Last edited by francis_a; 11-17-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 03:46 PM
amancuso
5th Gear
Welcome to the community! I have a '12 Cooper I bought off the lot and love it so much I ordered a '13 and it's being built especially for me over in Oxfordshire.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:26 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
Welcome

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more