1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from UK!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 01:45 PM
chellwil
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from UK!

Hello we just purchased our first new MINI, we have owned many classic mini's due to our 7 years in UK via US Airforce. We are getting ready to move back stateside with in next few months. I so can't wait to drive my JCW on some real roads. Here's alittle info on my car it's a 2013 JCW built right down the road in Oxford even went to factory and had tour and got to see them built, what an amazing exsperience. My car is US spec so I can take it back stateside. My husband drives a classic mini with a honda conversion I also had one but sold it when I got my new MINI.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Eddie07S
OVERDRIVE
Received 1,159 Likes on 905 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of the new MINIs...No stinkin' SU carbs to deal with...and welcome back to the states (when it happens). We do have a lot of great roads to drive MINIs on.

That had to be great to see them built. From the states we only get to look at the MINI web page and that doesn't really tell us anything.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:54 PM
chellwil
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you go on the tour they give you a DVD with it ill have to ask husband if there's a way to upload it. They have a little museum and it has the million mini in it and a few classics. I'm hoping they have as much after market stuff and mini meets stateside like they have here. The Brits are nuts about minis the shows are out of this world for sure.