1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Year-Round Christmas Gift??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Trystana
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Year-Round Christmas Gift??

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been stalking the JCW CM and now that it is finally on the configurator (which I haven't configured yet! Go figure!) I "figured" I would stop lurking and start posting!

I'm new to MINI and coming from a money pit '04 Passat. Hoping the MINI will be more reliable (I get the feeling that may not be its strong suit, but the form/fun factor is definitely weighing heavily in my decision).

Having not configured it yet, I'll have to see what it looks like... but I'm *thinking* of going Oxford Green with Chili Red stripes! Crazy, right? I might look like the Christmas-mobile??

I also had the thought of true blue with red stripes/white roof and making it the Wonder Woman-mobile.

Originally I was thinking blue and white, and declaring it TARDIS2, but the blue is not quite right.

Ah, decisions, decisions!!

In any case, I'm looking forward to configuring one this weekend. And really looking forward to being part of the community!

Old 11-22-2012, 02:56 AM
CR&PW&JB
OVERDRIVE
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I personally prefer either black/red or white/red combinations. I know.... shocking, given my signature pic, right? Just think those colors are timeless and classic.

But if there is one thing about MINIs that separates it from all others, it is the ability to customize it and make it uniquely yours. So get the color combo that puts a smile on your face and will make you look back as you walk away from it in the parking lot.

And welcome to NAM!

Old 11-22-2012, 04:15 AM
amancuso
5th Gear
Originally Posted by CR&PW&JB
I personally prefer either black/red or white/red combinations. I know.... shocking, given my signature pic, right? Just think those colors are timeless and classic.

But if there is one thing about MINIs that separates it from all others, it is the ability to customize it and make it uniquely yours. So get the color combo that puts a smile on your face and will make you look back as you walk away from it in the parking lot.

And welcome to NAM!
Sounds great... I have seen green Jaguar convertible with red cloth tops, truly Christmasmobiles. I think MINI should have a TARDIS blue color, it's only right, so British.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:14 AM
Trystana
2nd Gear
Thanks! And yes, I agree... There should be a TARDIS blue!

I also like the Royal Grey, so we'll see what happens when I actually put the order in.

I like the way black and red look on other people's cars, but am not a fan of having one myself. I guess they seem a little too aggressive for my taste? But they definitely look nice!