1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner looking for a roof graphic!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 06:59 PM
gxtrevin
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Owner looking for a roof graphic!

Went with Mike from Aesthetic Creations years ago for my moms mini and sad to find out he is no longer in business.Seems like cooper flags hasnt responded to my emails and some people here have had problems too.Anyone know who is kinda like Mike? Willing to go as far east to Houston or Dallas and west to San Diego or Los Angeles ,or North as far as Denver.Any links would be greatly appreciated.Been kinda frustrated with google search results.Thank you.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:02 PM
calforhelp
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Have you tried the company MINI endorses? They have a pretty wide selection. I'm not sure about their installation options but I'm sure they're pretty flexible and should be OEM quality.

http://www.minimotoringgraphics.com/products.php

Old 11-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Really sucks, man. I totally feel your pain on this issue.

I bought three union jacks from Cooper Flags over the life of my '04 MCS. I love 'em. The roof graphic business seems to have dried up and gone away like buggy whip salesmen.

I don't get it. I thought Cooper Flags was doing well. Once the original owner (or the second, I can't remember) sold it, they stopped responding to emails and phone calls. They have no roof designs available on their site anymore. Kind of dumb to have a business called Cooper Flags that no longer sells Cooper Flags!

I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you. I wanted to get something for my new MINI but couldn't find anyone doing it anymore so I bailed on the idea.

We have a place here in Boston that custom designs stuff. They're called Alliance Auto Glass. Maybe you could look for auto glass places around your area and just start asking them if they do car graphics. If they do, they'll have the same quality 3M vinyl that Cooper Flags used to use. You'll just have to hand them a design.

Good luck!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:27 AM
Reebus
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I found a place here in Birmingham that specializes in signs and the Wrapping of vehicles for advertising. I showed them a picture of what I wanted and they were able to create it and install it for me. The sunroof even had the perforated material so you can still get some light in. You might want to check to see if there is one of these places around you.

Attached Thumbnails New Owner looking for a roof graphic!-roof-graphic.jpg  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:09 AM
Kurtster
4th Gear
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
In retrospect, if I had it to do all over again I think painting is the best option. The roof graphics have a life of about 3-4 years, especially the perforated sunroof portion. I should have just had the glass and the roof painted and sacrificed light coming through for the nice roof design. I easily spent more than that paint job would have cost by buying three roof decals over the life of the car.

Sent from my iPad using NAMotoring