1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Greetings from Texas!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 05:56 PM
stealthpaws
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings from Texas!

Let's see...I have a 2002 Mint Green mini w/black top & moon roof. I think according to the page here I saw that makes her an R50? Not sure what that means...lol. Poor baby has been off the road for 2 years awaiting tires, was driven hard and now I'm hoping to get her back in shape. I've joined here to hopefully learn some of the quirks involved with working on her. Already learned there's a difference in pre/post 3/2002 production. Will see if I can find that out tomorrow when it's light out. I've had hard times and I'm ashamed that I've let her go so badly, just the way it was. Looking forward to getting the small stuff fixed... hoping to find good sources for things like the glass trim on the windshield and the little cover for the headlight washer which were smashed by rocks from a passing truck, etc. I think her motor is in good shape - I changed oil regularly when she was running. Since I had to park her (2 years now) her battery died, but I finally got one so I could at least start her up. Got tires, tags & brakes... oil change and flush the plumbing & then I'll see what comes next. Thanks for being here...I feel like I may have a chance at getting it right with all the info here!

Old 11-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Rgoodwin
4th Gear
Good luck sounds like things are looking up!

Old 11-30-2012, 06:36 PM
stealthpaws
Neutral
I sure hope so!
Thanks!

Old 11-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Arcrys
1st Gear
Originally Posted by stealthpaws
Let's see...I have a 2002 Mint Green mini w/black top & moon roof. I think according to the page here I saw that makes her an R50? Not sure what that means...lol. Poor baby has been off the road for 2 years awaiting tires, was driven hard and now I'm hoping to get her back in shape. I've joined here to hopefully learn some of the quirks involved with working on her. Already learned there's a difference in pre/post 3/2002 production. Will see if I can find that out tomorrow when it's light out. I've had hard times and I'm ashamed that I've let her go so badly, just the way it was. Looking forward to getting the small stuff fixed... hoping to find good sources for things like the glass trim on the windshield and the little cover for the headlight washer which were smashed by rocks from a passing truck, etc. I think her motor is in good shape - I changed oil regularly when she was running. Since I had to park her (2 years now) her battery died, but I finally got one so I could at least start her up. Got tires, tags & brakes... oil change and flush the plumbing & then I'll see what comes next. Thanks for being here...I feel like I may have a chance at getting it right with all the info here!
Welcome stealthpaws! There's a ton of awesome info kicking around on these boards so hopefully it turns out to be a great help for you. Good luck on getting your cooper back up on her feet!

Old 12-06-2012, 04:17 PM
pmsummer
5th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Hmmm... Tyler?