1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So we are looking at this...(First Post!) Hi!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 07:24 AM
unt0uchable
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So we are looking at this...(First Post!) Hi!

...R56 Mini.

It's a 2009 Mini Cooper S Clubman. It would be Ashley's (my fiance) daily driver. She always loved the way they looked and joked "if I didn't have a Nanny job, I'd get one" and vuala, she got a new job so I started looking around. Anyways, here are the details on our first test drive:

Price: $14,900
09 Clubman S - Auto - Steptronic w/ paddles (NON CVT!)
56k miles (As-Is, no warranty, should I look into an extended warranty???)
Laser Blue Metallic Exterior on Carbon Black checkered interior.
Manual heated sport buckets seats.
Panoramic sunroof.
Fog lights.
Chrome mirrors, black racing stripes.
Previously tinted windows, which I don't mind...Anyways let me know what you guys think. Advice, concerns, problems to watch for. When I popped the hood, I did smell a bit of burnt oil and it seemed like it had a loud valvetrain (almost like old school lifter ticks?) I've googled and read a few things but I know the best advice comes from the owners who have experienced them. She loved the go kart feel and the quickness and the uniqueness of it (I think). It's comfortable for me too and I'm 6' 200 lbs. I even jumped in the back seat and it seemed alright. It is a clubman tho....Thanks for any insight guys.

Here's a small background on myself: My names David, I'm a BMW nut. I drive an e28 (88 535is). I belong to the forums over at mye28.com. I do all my own repairs and maintenance and have since I was about 16 or so (22 now). I've not read anything turning me a way from DIYing on these cars yet. Can anyone confirm or deny the fact that you can repair and maintain these newer age cars if you have a parts source and your own tools, along side a Bentley manual to guide you through it?

Name:  IMG_20121215_144008.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  144.3 KB
Name:  IMG_20121215_150455.jpg
Size:  142.9 KB
Name:  IMG_20121215_141026.jpg
Size:  92.2 KB

Old 12-19-2012, 03:33 PM
KMPSSBL
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG I love that color on the Clubman! My husband and I each have an R50, and when we decide to have kids in the future I'll be selling mine for a Clubman.