1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Toolman
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everyone!

I am from the Flemington, NJ area and own a 2005 MCS with a Helix CAI and 15% pulley as well as a sway bar. I have lurked here for a little while but figured it would be good to intro myself.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Eddie07S
OVERDRIVE
Received 1,204 Likes on 937 Posts
Welcome...what took you so long to join in the fun?

And from an area with some nice "MINI" roads, yes?

Old 12-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Toolman
Neutral
Hey Eddie, yep there are some excellent roads here! I can drive out of my driveway and be enjoying some great twistys in 2 minutes. Even better, some of the back roads that I have found are really lightly traveled. I have not joined in the fun because I didn't anticipate doing any mods, but now that I have, I am hooked.

Old 12-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Eddie07S
OVERDRIVE
Very nice. I need to drive a bit to get to the mountains around here. I am somewhat familiar with that area; I have 2 cousins (both car nuts from a long time back) who live a little north of you and have driven around there a bit.

Once hooked there is no turning back...

You know there is a track not too far down the road from you
Now there is a real addiction for you

Old 12-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Toolman
Neutral
What track are you referring to? NJ Motorsports park? There is Pocono which is not too far, but I don't even know if they still have a road course. I used to road race motorcycles and have been to Bridgehampton a number of times before it closed and became a golf course, UGH! Very tempting, but that would really suck me in...

Old 12-17-2012, 04:35 AM
fastzombie
4th Gear
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
I picked up my 2004 Mini Cooper S with the intention of it being a very fun daily driver that I wouldn't modify. Then I discovered it had a 15% Pulley upgrade to the supercharger, I knew it came with a K&N CAI Kit, and now I have a strong desire to add a Milltek catback exhaust system and do some interior customizing. It is wonderfully addictive!

Enjoy!

Old 12-17-2012, 04:59 AM
amancuso
5th Gear
Hi Toolman, and welcome. I don't have any mods, but I do participate in the FUN! Hope to see you at a Drive N' Eat event soon!

Old 12-17-2012, 10:14 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome aboard!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 12-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Helix13mini
Former Vendor
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Old 12-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Eddie07S
OVERDRIVE
Originally Posted by Toolman
What track are you referring to? NJ Motorsports park? There is Pocono which is not too far, but I don't even know if they still have a road course. I used to road race motorcycles and have been to Bridgehampton a number of times before it closed and became a golf course, UGH! Very tempting, but that would really suck me in...
NJMP...I ran the Lightning track last season. A nice track, safe to the point of people letting down guard. Not like an older track like WGI, but definitely worth going to if so inclined. Didn't even think about Pocono. I think their "road" course is a mix of on and off the main track. And, yes, you know exactly what will happen if you get too close to one of these tracks...you will hear that big old sucking sound and your MINI will disappear through the gates before you ever know what happened

Originally Posted by fastzombie
I picked up my 2004 Mini Cooper S with the intention of it being a very fun daily driver that I wouldn't modify. Then I discovered it had a 15% Pulley upgrade to the supercharger, I knew it came with a K&N CAI Kit, and now I have a strong desire to add a Milltek catback exhaust system and do some interior customizing. It is wonderfully addictive!

Enjoy!
Who ever thought that you could do so much with a modern car all in the name of FUN

Originally Posted by amancuso
Hi Toolman, and welcome. I don't have any mods, but I do participate in the FUN! Hope to see you at a Drive N' Eat event soon!
Yes, this is one of the best parts of owning a MINI...finding other MINIs to hang with