1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

n00b with 03 MCS

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 12:08 PM
heartripkris1
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
n00b with 03 MCS

Does anyone still use "n00b"? Anyway, I just purchased an 03 MCS for my 25th birthday! I've only had it three days. My previous daily driver was a 99 BMW Z3 Coupe so having an extra speed (5 speed vs 6) is taking some getting used to. Despite some locking/unlocking issues, I love it! Attached are some photos. I was also checking out some vanity plates on threads but haven't picked one out yet.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:48 PM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Great looking MCS! Welcome aboard!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Welcome aboard. Looks very nice.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:16 PM
valvashon
5th Gear
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Love the checkerboard stripes! Is the color Electric Blue? It's kind of hard to tell from those pictures.

If your locking/unlocking issues stem from your remote key falling apart I can help. If the key is in good shape still you might have to replace the door lock actuators (inside of the door). That's a common failure of the early models; the actuators run about $115 each.

Val

Old 12-30-2012, 06:43 PM
heartripkris1
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, it is electric blue! I purchased the car with the racing stripes but I do love them. I especially love the fog lights although they aren't actually hooked up. The first thing I am probably going to do to the car is to get the windows tinted & black rims after winter.

The driver door will lock with the keypad on the key but it doesn't lock or unlock the passenger side door. Also after driving, the driver door will lock but when it's time to get out, I have to unlock the door using the flicker on the dash. Is that part normal?

Old 12-30-2012, 06:58 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 768 Likes on 626 Posts
Welcome

Sounds like the normal failed door lock actuator problem

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 12-31-2012, 07:00 PM
valvashon
5th Gear
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Try these steps- they'll tell you if the door actuators are working correctly:

1) Open both doors and close them unlocked with you outside of the car. Press the button with the lock symbol on the key. Both passenger and driver's door should lock.

2) Press "wings" button on the key. Driver's side should unlock. Press wings button again and the passenger door (and the hatch) should unlock.

3) Get in, go for a short drive as it sounds like the automatic locking function is activated on your car. Both doors should lock.

4) Stop car, push up on toggle switch in dash. Both doors should unlock. Push down on toggle switch. Both doors should lock.

5) Pull once on the handle when locked, the door should unlock. Pull again and door should open. This works the same for both sides.

If any of this doesn't work, post specifically about what did or didn't happen and we might be able to diagnose if the problem is a bad actuator or if one of the pull cables has fallen off of the actuator. Bad actuators are $100+; a cable that has come loose is your long arm and a flashlight digging around in there to reattach it.

Hope this helps-

Val