1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:17 PM
MMMoTo
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello!

I just wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself! It has been several years since I was a member of a forum such as this. It will take a bit to get readjusted
My name is Tiffany and I purchased my first MINI on Janury 15, 2013. She was delivered to my house while I was at work on January 22, 2013. I squealed like a school girl when I opened my garage and she was inside! She is a Laser Blue 2011 MINI Cooper S hard top. I found her at BMW/MINI of Nashville after I was otherwise unable to find exactly what I was seeking. Luckily, my Mom lives there and was able to go check her out for me.
Anywho, I am originally from Lexington, KY. I have lived in Alexandria/Pineville, LA; Topeka, KS; Gainesville, FL; and Chapel Hill, TN (worked in Nasville). I finally made the move to Coloarado after 1 year of visiting a good friend from Florida out here. That year of travel and adventure blossomed into a relationship <3. We did the long distance thing for another year. We packed up everything that would fit in my, then, 2003 Mazda 6 and drove out to our new place in Westminster. We decided to bring home a dog from my Mom's in TN, in April 2011. We just perchased our first home in October 2012. Got a new Puppy December 21, and MINI came to stay in January. After 4 years, everyone is asking when we are getting hitched! LOL!
I have one sister, who has two children (1 boy, 1 girl) back in Lexington with the rest of my family. Except Mom, of course
I am THRILLED, to say the least, about my MINI. I have wished for one for years and we finally found our way to each other I live in Parker and work in Denver and MINI makes not seem so bad
I said previously that I was a member of a forum previously. This was our "Motorcycle Gang" down in Gainesville, The Usual Suspects. I had to sell my bike when I moved out to Colorado, but oh how I loved her. My first bike was a Silver 2002 Suzuki SV650S. Second came "Lolita". She was a Tahitian Candy Blue 2004CBR600RR. My sister gave her the name "LOLITA" after I lowered her as much as possible for the first few weeks to get used to her. Then I raised her back up all but 1 inch. I am only 5'1.75" So LOLITA2 is one option I am thinking about for my personalized plate. Along with several others.
I am pretty happy with my MINI, but I do want to tint the windows, get a clear bra, and have been looking at a roof decal. I am somewhat reluctant to purchase it because it's a european company. Not that they have a bad rep, just a new thing. I would also like some information on how and where to get that applied. My boyfriend wants to put a cold air intake and blow off valve on her!

Ok, I'll hush it up! Thanks for reading!
Hope to meet you all in person very soon

Old 02-08-2013, 11:41 AM
fridayxiii
5th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
Welcome to NAM, and congrats on your new-to-you MINI! Colorado is one of my favorite states (well, not the eastern part haha); you live near what have to be some of the best drives in the continental US. Lucky!

Post pics and look up your local MINI motoring club to join fellow enthusiasts. The camaraderie is part of the fun of ownership for sure.

Drive 'er in good health, and Happy Motoring!

Old 02-08-2013, 04:17 PM
etidd01
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to live in Parker! Welcome!

Don't forget to post some pics of your Mini!