1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mini owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 02:58 PM
TTUNicole
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mini owner

Yesterday (Saturday) my husband surprised me on the way home by stopping in at a Mini dealership. I wasn't really looking to change cars but have been wanting a Mini for years. Anyway, we're going in after work tomorrow to finalize the paperwork on a silver 2012 Countryman S and I am so excited to get it home. We're planning on customizing it quite a bit and have spent the day looking at wheels, tires, stripes/no strips, brakes, coilovers, etc.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Mini2na
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratulations.... Nice husband!

Make sure you drive your MINI for a while to see what you want to do first. They are nicely designed cars and many love them just the way they are.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Peep
3rd Gear
COngrats and welcome to the family !!!

Enjoy your new MINI and post pictures when you can !

Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 AM
roseyposey
1st Gear
Welcome to the wonderful world of MINI! I went in to buy mine last year and my husband ended up getting one as well 3 days later! 7 months after purchasing, I'm finally starting to customize mine. I agree with Mini2na, drive it for a while and enjoy it! You'll figure out what is important to you (looks vs. performance). I want a little bit of both and I've had such a fun time looking around the forums for ideas and info. Take advantage of the Marketplace also, I've picked up some AMAZING deals from fellow owners! Be sure to come back and post pics! Again, welcome!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh lucky you! Congrats! Which dealership is your MINI at?

I'm not a member yet, but you may also be interested in Metroplex MINI:http://www.metroplexmini.org/? it's the local MINI car club.

Enjoy!

Old 02-25-2013, 08:03 PM
TTUNicole
Neutral
Thanks for the welcome everyone!
I picked it up today! It was at Sewell MINI in Plano. I haven't had a chance to take any pics yet because it started raining! I'm loving it already though and hoping to take a road trip in it ASAP. I traded a 2011 Buick Regal for it and am already getting better gas mileage.

Most mods will wait a while except that it came with wheels that I'm not a fan of. Also, with my husband's experience with run-flat tires in the Corvette world and now having experienced them myself, those will also have to be changed quickly.

Tex6 Hawkeye, I'll check out that site. Thanks! It'd be great to get involved with some local MINI owners!