1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not Anonymous Anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 08:51 AM
mini7096
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not Anonymous Anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure there is a thread for this. Wondering how the rest of you newbie's are feeling about being recognized wherever you go. This may only apply if you have one of the Mini's in the less common colors but I am getting picked out of parking lots, the "I saw you the other day" A LOT. Mind you I don't live in a small town. East Valley of Phoenix AZ and there is a MINI Dealer 3 miles from my house and 2 dealers within the Phoenix Metro area so MINIs are not necessarily uncommon but I am getting the feeling ICE BLUE is NOT a common color, I have not seen another one yet. Mind you love it and it makes me smile (personally i think it is a sporty looking color and i have good taste) but I never figured I would be getting noticed that much. Remind me NOT TO ROB ANY BANKS IN MY MINI. Another upside is, I don't think I have to worry about anyone STEALING MY ICE BLUE MINI. They will not get to far away Good thing I didn't waste money on an anti-theft device

Curious if anyone else gets the same feeling

Old 02-28-2013, 09:55 AM
blknblu
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mini7096
I am not sure there is a thread for this. Wondering how the rest of you newbie's are feeling about being recognized wherever you go. This may only apply if you have one of the Mini's in the less common colors but I am getting picked out of parking lots, the "I saw you the other day" A LOT. Mind you I don't live in a small town. East Valley of Phoenix AZ and there is a MINI Dealer 3 miles from my house and 2 dealers within the Phoenix Metro area so MINIs are not necessarily uncommon but I am getting the feeling ICE BLUE is NOT a common color, I have not seen another one yet. Mind you love it and it makes me smile (personally i think it is a sporty looking color and i have good taste) but I never figured I would be getting noticed that much. Remind me NOT TO ROB ANY BANKS IN MY MINI. Another upside is, I don't think I have to worry about anyone STEALING MY ICE BLUE MINI. They will not get to far away Good thing I didn't waste money on an anti-theft device

Curious if anyone else gets the same feeling
I haven't seen you, but I will wave like crazy if I do

Old 02-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Miniman s
3rd Gear
I will have to pay more attention to the colors of other MINIs and remember to wave

Old 02-28-2013, 10:07 AM
gerry2153
4th Gear
LOL welcome to the club... ) everyone seems to love MINI's . . .random people... at driveup windows... stop lights will just say ... wow I love your car

Old 02-28-2013, 11:18 AM
ljmattox
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anonymity goes away with a MINI. Beyond the "nice color" comment, I've actually had people say, "You wouldn't want to rob a bank with that car, would ya?" or similar. Definitely not a "beige, late-model 4-door"! :-)

I've seen one other Ice Blue on the street...and saw one other, out of hundreds, during my two stops on MTTS last summer (a nice lady from Des Moines who took in the zoo event with us).

Motor on!

Old 02-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Clubman S Turbo
Former Vendor
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had a mother n daughter the other day parked next to, and the daughter came by my door heading to open hers and was watching my kids getting out the far side and said "look Mom, that car has a little tiny extra door. Isnt that neat ?" So i explained to them that in the day that was commonly called a suicide door, and why, and that I wouldn't have realistically been able to purchase a MINI w/o the Club option because the std model would just be too difficult to live with daily. The mother liked it too.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:10 PM
OHV Ranger
1st Gear
We are currently living in a small eastern Oregon community and if people didn't know us before the Mini. they sure do now. Here's waving at ya!

Old 02-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Melangell
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the most recognizable car in Savannah... LOVE it!