1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Be Careful where you park

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 06:31 AM
WilliamRobert
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be Careful where you park

Hi All,
Well, I picked my MINI Convertible on Jan 5th and have been having a blast ever since but yesterday the 7th Mar I was working at the police department for the entity where I am employed. When finished I walked out the door only to see someone looking at the front of the MINI. The fella says one of my driving light covers was laying on the ground in the parking lot and he was putting it back on for me. I looked and the other cover was partialy off also, thinking to myself someone was messing with me I just snapped it back in place and noticed the light was real loose. Then I remembered there is a camera system watching the parking lot, so I went and played back the video. To my amazement there was this woman who was parked not far from where the MINI was and had been there for about two hours waiting on the fella that told me he saw the cover on the ground. Well, she had backed out and drove to the other end of the parking lot and stopped, then started backing up across the entire parking lot until she HIT MY MINI!!!! Then she pulled back into the spot where she had been that afternoon. I saved the video and put it on one of the officer's folder and he did a report. The woman and fella had left but he works on one of the maintenance crews at the shop where the police station is so they were called and asked to return to the office. I just could not believe the dishonesty about what transpired. Anyway the damage is not really noticable but I'm going to get it looked at because the grill is not lined up quite like it was on one side and the lights seem to have a gap where the two halves meet, so we'll see.
WMF

Last edited by WilliamRobert; 03-08-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:37 AM
6000pounds
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:51 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
So what was her reason for doing this?

Old 03-08-2013, 07:20 AM
leaf_fan_1988
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
You didn't mention what she was driving, I'm assuming it was an SUV of some sort.

Just the other day at a 4 way stop, I was already stopped, and an SUV rolled up right as I was letting out the clutch. She stopped looked in my direction, not at me, but right over me, looked the other way, forward, and then back in my direction (again over me) and floored it.

Similar thing happens when I'm making a left off the highway and there's two left turn lanes, they always try to cut over right on top of me.

I don't know why these stupid women insist on driving huge SUVs they can't see over, when they can't even drive shopping carts properly.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:28 AM
psichick
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by leaf_fan_1988

I don't know why these stupid women insist on driving huge SUVs they can't see over, when they can't even drive shopping carts properly.
way to be sexist. i see way more men in beat up, dinned and crushed suv's than women.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 368 Likes on 311 Posts
Originally Posted by psichick
way to be sexist. i see way more men in beat up, dinned and crushed suv's than women.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:41 AM
6000pounds
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Fly'n Brick
iknowrite lol

Old 03-08-2013, 07:57 AM
JDPaddle
3rd Gear
cracking up right now. not at the op but...

Old 03-08-2013, 08:11 AM
WilliamRobert
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Braminator
So what was her reason for doing this?
She said she did not see it there.

You didn't mention what she was driving, I'm assuming it was an SUV of some sort.

Just the other day at a 4 way stop, I was already stopped, and an SUV rolled up right as I was letting out the clutch. She stopped looked in my direction, not at me, but right over me, looked the other way, forward, and then back in my direction (again over me) and floored it.

Similar thing happens when I'm making a left off the highway and there's two left turn lanes, they always try to cut over right on top of me.

Naw, she was in a Ford Focus, all beat up, with no insurance of course.

Thanks for the sympathy's folks, I'm not vibrating as bad this morning, just stunned. there is not really any visible damage it appears, just the grill is not lined up perfect as it was and the gap in the two halves of the lights.
WMF

Old 03-08-2013, 08:32 AM
leaf_fan_1988
4th Gear
Here's a sexist statistic, actually it's an observation, because I didn't survey anyone.

All the guy's I know of with SUV's, use them for work, on the job site, towing trailers. Or just to haul stuff to the cottage.

The women I know want SUV's to be their personal tank. They know they can't drive, so they need an SUV for added protection, to back over their own garbage bins, smash their mirrors off garage doors. Or to blindly back up through parking lots.

My wife doesn't have a license, and for good reason. And she's been asking for a Yukon since the day we met.

Women can be good drivers, racers, and mechanics. But I've had many terrible experiences with the ones around me.

I might be stereotypically sexist, but my wife can't cook.
If the OP comes back and says he was hit by a Miata, I'll shut up, take my wife to get her license, and then start shopping for a new clutch.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:52 AM
6000pounds
4th Gear
Here's a sexist statistic, actually it's an observation, because I didn't survey anyone.

All the guy's I know of with SUV's, use them for work, on the job site, towing trailers. Or just to haul stuff to the cottage.

The women I know want SUV's to be their personal tank. They know they can't drive, so they need an SUV for added protection, to back over their own garbage bins, smash their mirrors off garage doors. Or to blindly back up through parking lots.

My wife doesn't have a license, and for good reason. And she's been asking for a Yukon since the day we met.

Women can be good drivers, racers, and mechanics. But I've had many terrible experiences with the ones around me.

If the OP comes back and says he was hit by a Miata, I'll shut up, take my wife to get her license, and then start shopping for a new clutch.

eh oh el

Old 03-08-2013, 09:22 AM
RobMuntean
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Stupid people. I swear morons shouldn't have a license. I'm so sick of it, that I park 5 miles away from everyone even if its in a different parking lot. I have no scratches or dents on my car. I will keep parking 5 miles away for the rest of my life. Good exercise anyways.

As for women beat up cars, agreed that its mostly women I see drive beat up cars and messy. My girlfriend for example doesn't have a beat up Jeep, but my lord, it's a barn in her car. It's so messy I can't even find my bags sometimes. As for men, there's some guys out there that have vans, and it looks jacked up rusty POS.

To the OP, park far away my friend, and you'll never regret it!

Old 03-08-2013, 09:26 AM
BnR
1st Gear

Yep. You sound like a Leafs fan.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Originally Posted by RobMuntean
Stupid people. I swear morons shouldn't have a license.
What's scarier than that is that they can vote too.

Leaf, you one brave dood. I salute you!

Old 03-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Errant
2nd Gear
Walking away...

Old 03-08-2013, 11:53 AM
leaf_fan_1988
4th Gear
I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought this up on International Women's Day....

Old 03-08-2013, 12:06 PM
MikewithaMini
5th Gear
Several years ago, I had just finished a restore on a little car I had, new paint and stuff. I drove it home to the small town I came from for Christmas. It was Christmas Eve and the mall was about to close and the parking lot was just about deserted, but taking no chances that some farmer might ding my doors with the farm truck and park way way out there thinking I'd be safe.
I came out of the mall after about 30 minutes and what do I see? A rattle trap Ford PU park at an angle right up near my car! There was a thousand slots to park in and none had any cars in it, but this guy pulls right up to it. I thought - ***** can't be! But sure enough, there was a door ding and brown paint on the edge of the truck door. I can't tell you how upset I was and that was 0ver 20 years ago and haven't forgotten. I've wondered if there were able to open the truck door when they returned from the Mall..... : >

Old 03-08-2013, 12:45 PM
RJKimbell
6th Gear

I applaud you AND I am a Woman!! How about the broad who pulls out in front of you after you have been sitting at a 4-way stop for a good minute to let other people make their appropriate turn because they were there before you, then it's your turn and...*horn blarring*, it WAS my turn next you stupid dumb broad!!

Originally Posted by psichick
Sorry psichick, but I don't think you will win this battle...I am probably the most critical Female I know of when it comes to other Female drivers!!

Old 03-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought this up on International Women's Day....
Like I said...

Old 03-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
There will always be people who have no respect for other peoples property. Found this article http://voices.yahoo.com/how-protect-...e-1424037.html
There is only so much we can do to protect our MINIs.

Old 03-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Kathy1946
5th Gear
I don't know why these stupid women insist on driving huge SUVs they can't see over, when they can't even drive shopping carts properly.[/QUOTE]

Old 03-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Superchicken
2nd Gear
And then there's the guy in the F-250 on a cell phone who tried to climb up my Miatas tail pipe when we were both waiting to merge onto a busy street. Do that to my Mini and you may find out what's in the secret dash compartment.

I think there are plenty of examples of distracted/stupid/dishonest jerk wads of both sexes out there.

Last edited by Superchicken; 03-09-2013 at 04:39 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:42 PM
OHV Ranger
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Superchicken

I think there are plenty of examples of distracted/stupid/dishonest jerk wads of both sexes out there.
I'm just glad you're not referring to me....

Old 03-10-2013, 03:59 PM
M'Cooper
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ugh I hate crap like this, im glad it was on video and that you have closure at least.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Mini0n
2nd Gear

I'm a girl and I totally hate women drivers in SUV as well, I don't think it's a sexist thing it's just f***ing sad the way they carry themselves everyday I see one that gives as a bad name. As for the select few that do drive well keep up the good work.

Quick Reply: Be Careful where you park