1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello All!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 08:36 PM
bluefreckle21
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello All!

Hello everyone! I'm new to NAM and got my '08 MCCS back in September. Thanks to the how-to's in the forum I have been able to replace my thermostat by myself. I've ran into a couple a few snafoo's and it took me way longer to do than all the other people that posted but it's the first time I've really ever done anything besides brakes. I'm interested in putting a different CIA on... anyone have suggestions or care to share any issues they've encountered?

Old 03-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Welcome aboard. I am sure there will be some who can share there experiences with the CAI. So good luck and post some pics of your MINI.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:48 PM
calforhelp
5th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey welcome! Post pics of your MINI!

It seems like most people go with one of four intakes. JCW, DOS, NM, Alta

The JCW has actually been proven to be the best performing (but not by very much) but you don't get that sweet turbo woosh we all love.

The DOS one looks bad to me but is a more true "cold"air intake. It's also supposed to be the loudest but I think it looks stupid.

I have the NM. On your '08 you have two options available one cheaper than the other. Option 1 and option 2. In my opinion this one looks the best and sounds great, quite loud, zero complaints. Plus it's CARB certified!

The Alta is the cheap-o option. It also looks like the cheap-o option. I haven't heard any complaints but it just looks pathetic in the engine bay.

They all really perform about the same so just pick one based off the look you're going for and the price that fits.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:23 PM
bluefreckle21
1st Gear
Will do. I'll try to get some up within the next couple days:-)

Old 03-08-2013, 09:25 PM
bluefreckle21
1st Gear
Thanks for the info on the CIA! I was leaning toward the NM thanks for the extra push!