1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 04:20 AM
nothis2
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everybody !
I have posted a couple of times already elsewhere so I m sorry I did not introduce myself before!! Not too happy with my mini ! I love the car but it comes with a hefty price!! I'm going to thank you all now for the help I will receive, to bring my car back to life!!

Last edited by nothis2; 03-09-2013 at 04:28 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:13 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Welcome aboard. Post some pics to become part of the family of MINIacs. Good luck

Old 03-11-2013, 02:47 PM
OHV Ranger
1st Gear
Nothis2, you have my curiosity piqued. Why do you claim your Mini comes with a hefty price and if we're going to help you bring it back to life, does that mean it's currently 'dead'?

Old 03-11-2013, 03:01 PM
mini coop
6th Gear
Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Welcome.......

What year....whats wrong?

Old 03-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Enzof104
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome. Good way to get interest. More details pls... What where how...

Old 03-11-2013, 05:57 PM
nothis2
1st Gear
Originally Posted by OHV Ranger
Nothis2, you have my curiosity piqued. Why do you claim your Mini comes with a hefty price and if we're going to help you bring it back to life, does that mean it's currently 'dead'?
Car is sitting on my trailer! It runs but only on 3 cylinders. Five weeks ago my wife drove her car (not his 2) to work, went out to go to lunch and it would not start. So she crancked on it for some time trying to start it! No luck! Called me and said car is dead and it will not start. Can I come get her again! See this car has been in the mini dealer dozens of times for motor work; a lot of motor work!!! We bought this car new from Patrick Mini and had it in there at 14.000 miles and it s been in there dozens of times since. So I go to pick her up and the car and took it to a independent shop to have them look at it. They said that it needed a fuel injector and that we would be smart to change all 4 at this time when he was in there. So we said go ahead. Thinking the car was ready we went down to get the car, car is not ready as it's still giving them codes he says. So he calls us and says that my wife had pumped fuel into the catalytic converter and when they got it running it fried the converter and that it would take 4 to 5 weeks to get a new one! So we wait 3 weeks and the cat comes in ahead of time. They threw it in and the car would only start sporadically. They then tell me that the timing chain and tensioner and guides are bad! At this point I'm at about 5 grand in parts and labor. I get the work done and get the car back, my wife drove it to work once and then she headed out of town. I drove the car about 5 days later and noticed the smell of burning oil! So I drove it to the shop that did the work and told them what I was smelling. They told me that it was oil dripping out of a wiring harness and that it would be ok to drive. So the next day I needed to head out of town too and on my way to the airport the car lost compression in the the motor . I made it to the airport lot and left it there until I got back. On my return I went and picked up the car and took it back to the same shop and they called me the next day and told me that they had no compression in the number 1 cylinder and that they think it was a bad / stuck exhaust valve and it would cost between $2500-$3000 to fix the head. I told them that I could not afford to fix it right now and that I would come down and get it. I had a feeling that they where covering up something so I took the car to a mini dealer to make sure the timing was not the cause of the bad compression / bent valve? The mini dealer wanted nothing to do with the car because the car is well know for engine problems. So I said just look at it and let me know if the work I had done was done right! They called me and said that the timing was spot on and that they think that I have a bad piston and that they would not work on the motor that is in the car and they said that they would only work on the car if I would put in a remanufactured motor in it for $7300. That was last Wednesday. Friday I went out and bought a new Ford Fusion. I picked up the mini on Saturday and asked if they could give me a value price on the car. Knauz said that they did not want the car and that they would not give give me a price for it! So I said that I neeed a price for trading it in on a new mini and they then and only then offered me $2500 on trade on that day only!! I had to refinance the car to pay for the last time the car needed major motor work. I owe $7200 on the car! This is why I have said that this car comes with a hefty price!! I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just tired!!!! I'm in to this car for for around $19000 if I get the motor put in it. I think it is going to sit out back of my house till I can pay things down...my bill to the small shop and the money I owe to the bank!

Old 03-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Wow. I wish you could of come on here and asked for help sooner. Sounds like you have been taken for a ride IMO and now things are worse then when you started. Where are you located? Maybe another MINIac can come by and take a look to see if they might have some knowledge to help you. But all I can say is good luck.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:29 PM
Enzof104
3rd Gear
That really stinks. I'm confused though. You bought this car new and had all these problems - no warranty? What year is it? Is Patrick Mini the dealers name?

Old 03-11-2013, 06:33 PM
nothis2
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Braminator
Wow. I wish you could of come on here and asked for help sooner. Sounds like you have been taken for a ride IMO and now things are worse then when you started. Where are you located? Maybe another MINIac can come by and take a look to see if they might have some knowledge to help you. But all I can say is good luck.
North west suburbs of Chicago

Old 03-11-2013, 06:43 PM
nothis2
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Enzof104
That really stinks. I'm confused though. You bought this car new and had all these problems - no warranty? What year is it? Is Patrick Mini the dealers name?
Patrick is a mini dealer and is the place we bought it ! We did take it there for all the warranty work that only went to 36,000 miles...after that we were on the hook for thousands in repairs.

The car is 2007 copper s with 90,000 miles on it

Last edited by nothis2; 03-11-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:49 PM
OHV Ranger
1st Gear
I feel for you.

Damn, your story has me looking at my own Mini in a new light. Anyone of us could be going through the same thing. Short of sending money, if there is anything we can do, please don't hesitate to ask. There is a lot of experience on this forum-and the advice is priced right.
Will

Old 03-11-2013, 08:15 PM
nothis2
1st Gear
Originally Posted by OHV Ranger
Damn, your story has me looking at my own Mini in a new light. Anyone of us could be going through the same thing. Short of sending money, if there is anything we can do, please don't hesitate to ask. There is a lot of experience on this forum-and the advice is priced right.
Will
Thanks Will ! I m trying to talk my wife into letting me rally race it after I get it straightened out !!!
She just wants it goin!

Old 03-11-2013, 08:32 PM
gawannamini
5th Gear
Was the '07 warranty that short? My '09 warranty is 50,000 miles or 48 months. The free maintenance expired earlier.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:02 AM
nothis2
1st Gear
Originally Posted by gawannamini
Was the '07 warranty that short? My '09 warranty is 50,000 miles or 48 months. The free maintenance expired earlier.
3 year/36,000mile full maintenance program
4 year/50,000 mile limited warranty
12 year rust perforation limited warranty