1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Mini Owner in WI

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 08:57 AM
toplessminigirl
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Mini Owner in WI

Hello, I am Sara and the proud owner of an 06' Mini S convertible. I'm new to the Mini world and I am looking for a good website that offers aftermarket performance parts as well and tips and tricks for modifiying my Mini. Nothing stock allowed in this garage Any help and suggestions appreciated.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:14 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
IF you want us to beleive that you own one, we need pics especially topless. LOL. The 1st thing I would do is all maintenance to make sure your MINI is ready for modding. Check the lower control arm bushing and if they are bad replace them with polyeurothane bushing by powerflex as your 1st mod. Second would be the rear sway bar as this is the best bang for the buck to help your MINI handle better then it does now. Then you can move onto a Pulley for performance as this is the best bang for the buck for performance. Just make sure you get a smaller belt and 1 step colder plugs. Then the cold air intake and maybe a n exhaust or the one ball mod. These are all juts my opinion. Good luck

Pulley package- http://www.waymotorworks.com/wmw-pulley-package.html
Rear sway bar - http://www.ecstuning.com/Mini-2004-C...Bar/ES2581644/
One ball mod - https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...duct/47/cat/31
Here are lots of performance DIY's and How to's
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ms/how-to-340/

Old 03-14-2013, 09:31 AM
IzzyG
6th Gear
Welcome! Whereabouts in Wisconsin are you? If you're in the Southeast, you could hook up with the Milwaukee MINIs. There's always an event going on. There isn't TOO big of a modding group within them it seems but I know of a few(including me!) I've met a handful of WI MINIacs via NAM ;p Oh and if you're planning on getting tuned, we're trying to get together 15 MINIs for a dyno tuning day with Jan(from Revolution Motor Works). Dyno is located near Waukesha.

Doh, just saw your location. That would be quite a trek for you to join us ;p I have family near Eau Claire! We should meet up next time I'm up.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:21 AM
toplessminigirl
Neutral
It hasn't been in my possesion for more then 24 hours so not many photos yet. And the snow is flying today so it will stay safely tucked away for the time being. Come on spring....

Wheels and exhaust are the first on the to do list. The stock rims are bend and have major curb rash.

IzzyG.....where did you get your carbon fiber splitter? And I'm all for meeting up. There isn't a mini following up here at all....just a few that come out to AutoCross.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:17 AM
IzzyG
6th Gear
Sweet. I'll let you know when I'm up there next(they're in Black River Falls). The splitter is from M7(you can purchase it direct from them, m7tuning.com). Apart from M7's, only other splitter I actually liked was NM Engineering's. Only problem is their price ;p

Old 03-14-2013, 01:33 PM
nd3boy
2nd Gear
Welcome! You are way up there in WI. I've only taken mine R60s from Indy to Mishicot. Enjoy it!