1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It came.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 05:09 PM
jgc_tn
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It came.......

.........today!! I think I am really going to love it!!!

Only came with one key......is that normal?

Old 03-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pictures or it isn't so.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:22 PM
jgc_tn
3rd Gear
[ATTACH]It came.......-img_4018.jpg

It came.......-img_4020.jpg

It came.......-img_4022.jpg[/ATTACH]

It's true, it's true and pics to prove it!!!! It was kind a of late and getting dark along with got a little dirty on the trip from Co but it came & I love it! Maybe a touch more chrome than I prefer but will see how it grows on me & if not, def things I can change. What I can't get over is just the one key.....Seriously people turn in ALL the keys plzzzzzzzzz.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:40 PM
RobMuntean
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Join the white silver club! She looks "purrrty"

Old 03-20-2013, 07:33 PM
jgc_tn
3rd Gear
Thx!

Loving the color ........ of course, I think most all the colors are great!! ..... I was so excited when it came that I could not figure out how to roll the window back up ..... lol lol lol I am such a blonde!!!! And no, I did not roll it down to start with, the guys who unloaded it did.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Welcome aboard. Good luck and remember to wave.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
Congrats! The pics prove it! Don't worry about the window, you'll be a pro in no time.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:22 PM
InVisib0L
4th Gear
I'm liking that chrome line exterior.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:28 PM
mbu
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jgc_tn

... Only came with one key...is that normal?
No! Make sure they give you the spare key - those keys are expensive!

Old 03-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Mr Moe
2nd Gear
Congrats!

Old 03-21-2013, 01:12 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
DOPE!
I love that color
And this is my new favorite R56 shot:

Old 03-21-2013, 03:57 AM
jgc_tn
3rd Gear
Thx peeps!!!

mbu, I hope to get the key but little I can do about it from here. Never would I have thought to have to ask for it. According to the dealership, the previous owner did not turn it in. :( Seriously, who would do that??

I remember reading a post few days ago where someone still had theirs after selling the car & was trying to sell it. Everyone told that person to give it to the buyer. Wonder if that was my key......anyone remember which post that was?

Old 03-21-2013, 04:09 AM
etidd01
4th Gear
I know that dealer in CO! I used to have my old Honda Accord serviced there!

Congrats on the new ride! Enjoy!

Old 03-21-2013, 04:54 AM
jgc_tn
3rd Gear
Seemed to be nice folks even tho 1202 miles away...........

Old 03-21-2013, 09:54 AM
mbu
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thx peeps!!!

mbu, I hope to get the key but little I can do about it from here. Never would I have thought to have to ask for it. According to the dealership, the previous owner did not turn it in. :( Seriously, who would do that?? ...
Oops! I thought you had a new car and the dealer only gave you one key.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:01 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
The thread in question is in the general mini parts section of the Marketplace. It's the one selling Mats, Roof Rack and Key.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...of-rack&cat=28

PS I recall accidentally only turning in one key when I traded my hardtop some years back. However, once I discovered the second key, I mailed it to the dealer. So, some people, me being an example, would follow up and get the key to the dealer if they could. Let's be charitable and assume MOST people would. So, the other scenario is that the second key was merely lost. My wife lost her FOB TWICE, and I paid for the replacement each time at some expense. So some folks might just get by with one key rather than deal with that...

good luck!

Old 03-21-2013, 11:53 AM
jgc_tn
3rd Gear
thirdraildesignlab, You are exactly right and thanks for the reminder.......I am sure that if the key is not lost that the previous owner will get it too them. Regardless, it will all work out........let's just hope I don't loose this one first!!

That said, I LOVE THE CAR!! I have driven 200+ cars in my life (yea, long story those ole' married days) & nothing compares to this. Got the sat radio on, ipod set & bluetooth so I am doing pretty good tho could def use some help. No matter how much I read, it does not make the blonde go away!! lol lol lol

Each time I start back in the car, I look at all the chrome & thinking that I like it after all. I have waved at 2 Mini's today & neither waved back...... :(. Oh well, I am friendly anyway.

Thanks guys for all the well wishes & I sincerely hope that there is a road trip where we can meet.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:23 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
As I mentioned, we replaced it twice, and while I don't recall the exact cost (and in fact I'm sure it varies dealer to dealer and region to region) I would say it was under $300. So, in my mind, better to buy it now and hey, if another key shows up, well, you have a spare spare.

People don't wave as much as they used to, mainly I think because there are enough MINIs on the road now that many of these drivers are just 'small car drivers' and not MINI enthusiasts. However, like you, I default to the friendly. I noted I tend to wave at my model type, so these days, at other Clubmans. Soon, other Countrymen.

If you have questions about car operation or feature adjustment, don't be afraid to post. You might get some snarky 'use SEARCH!' grouchiness, but you'll get the info you need. You can also PM me if you don't want to throw it out there publicly. I'll help if I can, no worries.

Have fun!

Old 03-21-2013, 01:02 PM
jgc_tn
3rd Gear
Once again, thx......

thirdraildesignlab, Thx again & will def ask questions. I will ck w/my local Mini dealer. So, far they have not been able to get a response from the previous owner. Not going to worry about it & just get another one.....and if it turns up then just like you said.....a spare, spare

Funny, I have shared this buying experience with people I do not know & have yet to tell my friends about buying a car, selling a car (Jetta TDI not the FJ) and the boat. They will DIE!!!

You guys ROCK!!! \m/

Old 03-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Java10990
2nd Gear
Congrats on your new Mini! Could be they lost the key. I just traded in my van to get my Mini and only had one clicker, the other was stolen during a break in. I felt bad about but nothing I could do. Oh I keep waving too but don't get alot of love back:/

Linda

Old 03-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Tex6 Hawkeye
3rd Gear
They may have lost the key, but you gained a MINI!! Booya!!! Happy motoring!

Old 03-21-2013, 05:42 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
It's true, it's true and pics to prove it!!!! It was kind a of late and getting dark along with got a little dirty on the trip from Co but it came & I love it! Maybe a touch more chrome than I prefer but will see how it grows on me & if not, def things I can change. What I can't get over is just the one key.....Seriously people turn in ALL the keys plzzzzzzzzz.
looking good! i really like the black top and bottom w/the black wheels i get mine tomorrow so i know exactly how you feel!

Old 03-21-2013, 05:57 PM
jgc_tn
3rd Gear
Tex6Hawkeye............cracked me up! You are 100% right so I thank you for that.

Java10990.......yep, it is just a key & I can get another one. Certainly not the end of the world.

jimmyselix.....thx & I am excited for you!!! Absolutely LOVE this car (so far)......if I could just get the stations set......somebody was def digging the hip hop & that not be for me...... \m/

Old 03-21-2013, 06:01 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Old 03-21-2013, 06:04 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Tex6Hawkeye............cracked me up! You are 100% right so I thank you for that.

Java10990.......yep, it is just a key & I can get another one. Certainly not the end of the world.

jimmyselix.....thx & I am excited for you!!! Absolutely LOVE this car (so far)......if I could just get the stations set......somebody was def digging the hip hop & that not be for me...... \m/
btw, i'm a huge geek and will be posting up some tech tutorials over at www.tech-recipes.com on one of my blogs for the mini connected systems and using an iphone and also mirroring the full iphone OS onto the mini connected.