1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealerships get a bad rap, rightly so, but I got to tell you about a good experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 07:03 AM
RichHasty
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealerships get a bad rap, rightly so, but I got to tell you about a good experience

I just want to give a shout out to Cincinnati Mini and Nick Walsh in particular. I have been there over the course of 36,000 miles for the free service. Yesterday was the first time I was there where the service was on my dime. I went there for an oil change and a few other minor warranty issues. Cincinnati Mini has always gone above and beyond in terms of customer service. I know I will probably get beat up by other people on here for even saying this, but to often we only focus on the negative aspects of dealerships and I felt it time for a positive note about a dealership.

Kudo's to Cincinnati Mini.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:10 AM
NJ Mini
6th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Glad you had a good experience. I feel that often on message boards such as these, we come to post problems or look for solutions to said problems. We (and by we I include myself) don't post enough about good experiences such as these. For every bad run in at a dealer, there are likely just as many good experiences.

Congrats on finding a good shop and many more miles of trouble free motoring!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:28 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Ive been meaning to do the same, regarding MINI of Marin in the SF Bay Area. All my work was done under warranty/maintenance, so I can't speak to the out of maintenance period experience, but they have not only been the best MINI dealership experience so far by a mile, they really do things the way I'd WISH for them to be done, in general. Good loaners for any work performed, comprehensive follow-up and work performed explanation, etc. Good people.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:49 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
So far everything's been great w/my Mini purchase experience. heck, i think my MA loves the fact that i'm almost more on top of the status of my car than she is or has to be.

it's good to see dealerships that care and treat you as a true customer.

on as side note, i had a GREAT experience w/my 2006 Civic Si for all 7 years of owning and bringing to the original dealership for service; Luther Hopkins Honda in MN. Great service crew and well great cars. Spent a whole $500 over 7 years on her, battery died after 5 years. I even sold her back to them last week to buy my new mini

Old 03-21-2013, 05:59 PM
thereisnosubstitute
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thirdraildesignlab
Ive been meaning to do the same, regarding MINI of Marin in the SF Bay Area. All my work was done under warranty/maintenance, so I can't speak to the out of maintenance period experience, but they have not only been the best MINI dealership experience so far by a mile, they really do things the way I'd WISH for them to be done, in general. Good loaners for any work performed, comprehensive follow-up and work performed explanation, etc. Good people.
+1 for MINI of Marin! After shopping there and other dealers for my 2012 MCS I ended up buying elsewhere however they have treated me just as if I purchased from their dealership and the minimal warranty/maintenance work that has occurred has been perfect.

P.S. Isn't Heidi hot!

Old 03-21-2013, 06:04 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Heidi is rad, and her attitude and thoughtfulness went a HUGE way towards making that dealership sing to me, and added to my loyalty vibe enough to want to sign with them for the CM. In fact, she let me take the CM loaner out for a long trip, and we both laughed that it was pretty low-effort marketing for a car upgrade, and she was right...

The whole service department is awesome, Todd and Steve and those guys. I don't much care how the sales staff is. They'll make the sale or they wont. But its the SERVICE team that is more important as a vehicle owner, and they just make the other shops int he area look like chumps.

And, add to that, my MA, Shannon, was a very good egg!

PS which MINI are you in MV? I'm sure we pass all the time...

Old 03-21-2013, 06:10 PM
dannyhavok
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
MINI Victoria has been great to me. They always do good work, stay in touch if there are any issues, have my car ready when they say they will, and have caught a few problems I hadn't noticed and fixed them before they became bigger ones. My SA is fantastic and I always give her five star reviews on the MINI/BMW Survey. I have gotten a number of free loaner cars even out of warranty, and I didn't buy my car from them either.

They've also invited me out to two HPDE days where I got to thrash new MINI's around a racetrack for an afternoon.

I know it costs more to take my car there, but independent shops have been hit or miss, while at the dealership i KNOW it's going to be top notch.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:16 PM
thereisnosubstitute
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by thirdraildesignlab
Heidi is rad, and her attitude and thoughtfulness went a HUGE way towards making that dealership sing to me, and added to my loyalty vibe enough to want to sign with them for the CM. In fact, she let me take the CM loaner out for a long trip, and we both laughed that it was pretty low-effort marketing for a car upgrade, and she was right...

The whole service department is awesome, Todd and Steve and those guys. I don't much care how the sales staff is. They'll make the sale or they wont. But its the SERVICE team that is more important as a vehicle owner, and they just make the other shops int he area look like chumps.

And, add to that, my MA, Shannon, was a very good egg!

PS which MINI are you in MV? I'm sure we pass all the time...
Heidi's enthusiasm, can-do attitude and ability to manage everything that she does is truly amazing and capabilities that are sorely lacking in most people's work ethic...I sure hope that the dealership understands how valuable she is to their operations.

My Mini is actually my youngest daughter's who attends UC Davis. I bought it last October although I'm seriously keeping it for myself and getting her a Justa :D

It is Ice Blue with black stripes...pics should be in my gallery.

How about you: what are you piloting?

Last edited by thereisnosubstitute; 03-21-2013 at 07:55 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 PM
jgc_tn
3rd Gear
I just bet.........

..........that if people would post the good experiences they have with dealerships (anyone for that matter) then there could poss be more positive than negative. Could start a trend you know..........

Old 03-22-2013, 07:58 AM
Chili4
3rd Gear
I agree!! Too much negative in the world.
I know we should expect great service, so when it's bad, I understand the need to tell others, because great service is the norm while the other hopefully is not.

I've said it before on this board, but again: Peter at Alexandria mini has been awesome. The service department rocks, too.

Thank you for posting the thread.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:32 AM
jgc_tn
3rd Gear
Then that said........

.........think I should say that the process of buying the car from Schomp BMW (but also owns a Mini dealership - Co) has been super so far. They are going to get me a second key for my car . Bill Robbins of Mini of Knoxville (TN) has been fantastic in going thru this process with me. Even helping me as far as advice on buying this car from which he benefited nothing. And Jessica Napier of Mini of Louisville (KY) for all the emails answering my millions of questions & the congrats on this purchase. She, like Bill, benefited nothing from my purchase. I have talked to the service manager via phone at Mini of Knoxville and he was super nice. I plan to have my Mini (gender or name has yet to be picked ) serviced there. So far NO bad experiences.

Think it would be super to let Mini USA know how well 'we' have been treated & not just how we 'think' we have been mistreated.

Have a SUPER weekend!!!

Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Mical
4th Gear
Originally Posted by RichHasty
I just want to give a shout out to Cincinnati Mini and Nick Walsh in particular. I have been there over the course of 36,000 miles for the free service. Yesterday was the first time I was there where the service was on my dime. I went there for an oil change and a few other minor warranty issues. Cincinnati Mini has always gone above and beyond in terms of customer service. I know I will probably get beat up by other people on here for even saying this, but to often we only focus on the negative aspects of dealerships and I felt it time for a positive note about a dealership.

Kudo's to Cincinnati Mini.
I'm glad you started this thread... there is WAY to much negative posted regarding dealerships & service.

I have to say I've had nothing but EXCELLENT service from Motorwerks BMW/Mini of Minnesota. Tucker, Joel & Chris are consummate gents who are always willing to go the extra mile.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:36 AM
Firefly911
2nd Gear
I've got to chime in on a positive thread! I have nothing but GREAT things to say about MINI of Plano. They have gone above and beyond on everything. I feel like I'm "home" when we are there. I'm happy they are close because sometimes I just like to go hang out there for no particular reason.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:58 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
The single most important thing to the dealership is the rating you give the survey after visiting them. If they get anything less that five stars it affects them, and then bleeds down to affect the staff, as well. Which is sad if MINI USA is being difficult but your dealer is great...

Old 03-22-2013, 11:13 AM
impala
1st Gear
Well i agree and i don't agree, Cincinnati Mini and all its people are great, its the cost thats out of line. Wait till you get Quoted one of there $1200.00 brake jobs!! They couldn't understand why i just started laughing, Somebody is going to pay for the white coats, free starbucks, donuts. and internet. Mini Dealers treat owners like they are driving BMW's. Like i said Great Service and people but after you are out warranty there are others Mini service People with quality work for alot less of your Money!!

Old 03-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Subzero
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Firefly911
I've got to chime in on a positive thread! I have nothing but GREAT things to say about MINI of Plano. They have gone above and beyond on everything. I feel like I'm "home" when we are there. I'm happy they are close because sometimes I just like to go hang out there for no particular reason.
+1000% !!! From purchase to service, Sewell Plano has completely blown away my expectations. I really can't think of a single thing they could improve on. They go above and beyond every single time. Spectacular!

Old 03-22-2013, 08:49 PM
seamonkey420
4th Gear
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Shout out to motorwerks mini in Bloomington, MN

My MA Gretchen was awesome and the financing was super easy.. nicely done motowerks mini in bloomington, mn

Attached Thumbnails Dealerships get a bad rap, rightly so, but I got to tell you about a good experience-gretchen-and-mini.jpg