1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying from another member

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Gerald Lee
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying from another member

Hey,

I'm just bought my first mini cooper r53 indy blue and i was thinking about upgrading some mods, and i found some on the forum from another member. I was wondering if someone could tell me about their experience paying with paypal and how to write a feedback when the transaction is completed.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:04 PM
heresmymind
4th Gear
i use paypal for everything online, it has a great insurance that you can fight back if you dont get items or if they arent what they said they were. make sure you NEVER send money as a gift. even though you may skip the fees if you send it as a gift you cant fight for it if something happens

-B

Old 03-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Gerald Lee
1st Gear
how do you write a feedback if things go good or bad?

Old 03-25-2013, 03:25 PM
ZippyNH
6th Gear
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts
After the seller marks the product sold, you will get an email..or manually create feedback with their username....with a link to the add....you fill it in. Simple.
local pickup or meet-up is a good way...esp for big or $$ items, or even smaller local stuff!!
Look at past history...a new member selling or buying a bunch of stuff can be a cause of caution...remember, the more background you can find on a seller...like length of involvement, lots of posts, maybe a few good prior sales or buys to know they are real....a seller with a trackrecord and longevity might even be worth paying a bit more...simply less risk.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:17 PM
JCW401
1st Gear
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
A little tip I do is. Say your coming over to look at them or even another NAM member who lives in the area is going to look for you.. If they start making excuses its time to run.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:35 PM
jpinkerton
1st Gear
You can also ask for an eBay handle to see the users feedback on that site as well. It is not always a guarantee, but it can sometimes be useful.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:46 PM
roseyposey
1st Gear
Both my husband and I have purchased off members here and use paypal. We haven't had any issues. (Rims, CAI's, heat shield, and other bits). I recommend looking at their profile for any existing feedback also.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:03 PM
astroBlackMetallic_Mini
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I have purchased lots of stuff from other NAM members, with great success. I would HOPE that we would all be civil and Fair with each other, as well as trusting.

I like to think of NAM as a nice, honest online community of fellow mini enthusiasts

I have however, heard of one or 2 incidents where people did not get items they payed for, or other similar issues :(

shame on whomever that was!

p.s. to Gerald Lee,
best "bang for the buck" would be that Alta intake tube I saw go up recently! really frees up some HP!

Old 03-25-2013, 11:52 PM
Gerald Lee
1st Gear
hah

Originally Posted by jpinkerton
You can also ask for an eBay handle to see the users feedback on that site as well. It is not always a guarantee, but it can sometimes be useful.
your so smart

Old 03-26-2013, 12:03 AM
Gerald Lee
1st Gear
Ill look into it

Originally Posted by astroBlackMetallic_Mini
I have purchased lots of stuff from other NAM members, with great success. I would HOPE that we would all be civil and Fair with each other, as well as trusting.

I like to think of NAM as a nice, honest online community of fellow mini enthusiasts

I have however, heard of one or 2 incidents where people did not get items they payed for, or other similar issues :(

shame on whomever that was!

p.s. to Gerald Lee,
best "bang for the buck" would be that Alta intake tube I saw go up recently! really frees up some HP!