1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello From Oakland

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Dustypants
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello From Oakland

Hey, Ya'll-
I've been lurking here since I purchased my one year used, dealer car, 2011 clubman S. I've found a lot of great info on the car, from modifications to maintenance, it's been a fantastic resource. Lately I took it to Bay Bridge Motors in Oakland (yelp reviews and reviews here made it an easy choice ) for NM sport springs (hated the gap) as well as new rubber. I found out how awful run flats are, esp after driving the 880 freeway here in the Bay on the daily. UGH.

Anyway, I wanted to bump performance without losing warranty or making extra strain on things. BBM suggested a new FMIC, exhaust, and tune. After a LOT of reading here, I found out that there might not be a tune for the N18 motor that's in my 2011 S? Anyway I'm waiting for them to call me back on the exhaust, intercooler, and tune. Hopefully they have something? Not sure I want to spend the money at Mini for the JCW stage kit. I'd rather have a turbo back JCW exhaust and an intercooler, not just mufflers and a mild tune/air filter. Like I mentioned I drive 880 daily so I'm not really looking for track performance. Mostly a nice exhaust note and a bit more get up and go when I'm up in the Oakland/Berkeley Hills gettin' twisty.

Anyone tune a 2011 in the bay area yet? Attached are obligatory Grizzly Peak shot and pinhole camera phone pic.
Thanks for all the help so far!

Attached Thumbnails Hello From Oakland-grizzlymini.jpeg   Hello From Oakland-pinholemini.jpeg  
Old 03-26-2013, 01:43 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
love that second shot. what app did you use?
welcome to unlurk status on NAM
I've never been over to BBM but I heard good things...

Old 03-26-2013, 01:48 PM
Dustypants
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
camera + is the app, pinhole filter

Old 03-26-2013, 01:52 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
nice work! I have so many camera and photo-tweak apps I lose track what each offers differently than the next...