1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New forum member

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 07:57 PM
ninja turtle
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New forum member

Hi all - Am considering purchase of an 04 John Cooper with and wanted some basic yeas and nah's -

I've been a motorcycle rider (KTM) for years both on road, dual sport and supermoto with a very little bit of off road thrown in.

I had a bit time crash with a deer last spring and think it's time to give up the bikes for now - at age 73 I don't think I want to be in rehab or worse for the next year.

This car I've found has 51K miles and looks to be in excellent condition for a decent price.

I've been told by a friend that the pre 07's with the supercharged engines are the way to go - any thoughts on this?

I'd appreciate all suggestions, comments etc

Steve aka ninja turtle

Old 03-26-2013, 08:06 PM
gawannamini
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome! You might find this link interesting: http://www.motoringfile.com/section/r53/

Good Luck.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:09 PM
<05MINI>
3rd Gear
Welcome to the forum.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 PM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts
Welcome aboard. Good luck with your future purchase. How about some pics of the one you are looking at.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:57 PM
ninja turtle
2nd Gear
I drove the car today and yes I am impressed - made the deal, pending my dealer checking it out on Friday - I/m pretty certain it is what it appears and that's good enough for me -
The car was purchased new by this owner. It's an 04 John Cooper S BRG with all the options you can imagine - 6 speed - full leather harmen karden stereo - heated seats - panorma sun roof - more and more - It looks as new -

I am hoping for tips and suggestions as to what should be done and what should be looked for to keep it running strong -
the service records are all there - oil changed regularly with full synthetic - had power steering pump replaced (fan failed) which I had heard is a chronic problem or was -

Thanks for being patient with a new owner - I am coming from years of M/C riding so this is all new to me

Steve