1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member from Kansas

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 09:11 AM
BC Clark
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member from Kansas

Greetings everybody! So this is actually my Wife's Mini but that's okay because I think she looks good in it! Yes she drives a manual. Bought it new in 2007. Unfortunately the two closest dealerships are in Kansas City (where she bought it) or Oklahoma, so I am getting deeper into this car as it gets older. I have gathered a lot of useful information from this forum so I figured it was time to join. I really appreciate the quality and civility of this forum and the fact it's well moderated.

Thanks for letting me participate!

Old 03-31-2013, 09:25 AM
byron h
3rd Gear
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Welcome to the forum. After about 6 years of ownership, what is your opinion of your Justa and the MINI dealerships?

Morris, 2011 MC, PW/B

Old 03-31-2013, 09:27 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
It took you 6 years to find us? Welcome aboard. Happy Easter.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:39 AM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Welcome!! If you are looking for great service in Wichita, try Bavarian Auto. I have had our R53 serviced there exclusuvely since it went of warranty.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:37 AM
BC Clark
1st Gear
Hi Byron,
My wife bought the car from Baron Mini near KC. While it's a base model it is fairly loaded, BiXenon lights, leather w/cold weather package, braking and stability control, and a bunch of stuff she likes. It's a really fun little car with a big heart and personality. She wanted something different and this definitely fits the bill. In fact she doesn't want them to get too popular! This one was a demo so I think that's why it was optioned up. Baron treated her very nice and actually dealt on the price. Sent her home a whole bunch of goodies (mini umbrella, pink mini hat, cards, etc.).
The water pump went under warranty and they send a flatbed truck down to pick it up and return it. That's pretty much the only experience I've had. Mini service was included but a three and half hour run (each way) is a bit for a free oil change. I would recommend Baron other than they are so far away. I have found that the BMW dealer here (Joe Self) will sell me the real BMW/MINI oil filter if I know the part number (they claim they are not allowed access to the parts catalog) and cheaper by a couple of bucks than the after market ones believe it or not. Did the brakes around 50K and thought that was a little early but that could have been part of the demo thing (yes I had to replace the crush sensors, will remember that). At 90K I have noticed an increase in oil consumption but still very acceptable (the oil monitor goes close to 15K before it wants a change) Castrol Synthetic only (everything else in my stable is Mobil One).
Probably the best thing is the following surrounding this car (cult seems negative) and that ownership is belonging to something unique and special.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 368 Likes on 311 Posts
+1 on Bavarian Automotive.
http://www.bavarianautomotive.com/

Check out the area Mini/MINI club at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/WAMO_KS/
or the facebook group at: Facebook:Wamo Wichita

Look into joining up with the club on the 20th for the annual 'Olpe Chicken Run'. Promises to be a fun time. Information is on the Yahoo group page too.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:18 PM
Black-eyed-Purple-Mini S
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the mini family...

Old 03-31-2013, 05:45 PM
jgc_tn
3rd Gear
Hi!!!! Cute car.........

Old 03-31-2013, 06:38 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 762 Likes on 622 Posts
Welcome

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more

Old 03-31-2013, 07:50 PM
TimB
2nd Gear
Just joined myself. Welcome. I hope you find these boards as helpful as I have.