1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My MINI is waiting for transport...how long?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 02:12 PM
namaste859
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My MINI is waiting for transport...how long?

My chili pepper MINI Hardtop S is done and has been awaiting transport for at least two weeks...maybe more. Can't figure out when she was born, but it has been about that long.

Can someone tell me how much longer I will have to wait until she is shipped to me?

Joael

Old 04-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Btwyx
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where are you located? Different ships go to the East coast or the West coast. Have you read the post about tracking your MINI and tried to see if the WW lines knows about her as cargo?

Out to the West coast there seem to be ships about every two weeks, don't know about the East coast. Of course there's sometimes a longer period that 2 weeks out here, like the time we were waiting for Shawn. He just missed one boat and the next one wasn't for three weeks. Frustrating.

How come you don't know when she was born, weren't you obsessively tracking her?

Old 04-09-2013, 06:11 AM
namaste859
Neutral
Btwyx,

Yes, I have read the "How to track your MINI" post and have been doing my best, but I guess I am trying hard not to be obsessed about it. My MA told me that my baby went into production March 11 and would probably be born on March 20th. I don't know how to find out if that was true.

Give her a few days for inspection, then 36 hours to get to port, that would be about March 25th. So, I am guessing she has been there about 15 days. When I get on the OL, it still says she is awaiting transport. I have checked my vin on the WW site and nothing. She is going to the South Carolina port. That's all I know.

I'm worried that they have forgotten her and she is sitting at the dock, forlorn, watching the ship leave.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:02 PM
aleclee
3rd Gear
How are you tracking? Doesn't sound like you have an order # / VIN or you'd know when it was finished with the build process.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:51 PM
namaste859
Neutral
I found the vin in the OL and I do have an order number too. I never got a message that the car was born, so I just did the math. Is there a way to find out the exact "born" date?

Either way, it's been at least 20 days. Is this normal or is the OL just way behind?

Old 04-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Sodd
1st Gear
Originally Posted by namaste859
I found the vin in the OL and I do have an order number too. I never got a message that the car was born, so I just did the math. Is there a way to find out the exact "born" date?

Either way, it's been at least 20 days. Is this normal or is the OL just way behind?
Call the "ASK MINI" number listed in the how to track your MINI post and talk to a human. They should be able to give you more information from when the order was accepted by MINI, scheduled for production, entered production, etc.

My MINI was finished on March 28th and has been sitting in Southampton since the 1st waiting on the next ship to NJ, I missed the one that left on the 31st but should make the one that departs on the 10th.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:16 PM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Having done this thrice, I'm not sure which is harder: not knowing why you didn't get on this ship or that, or the radio silence across the atlantic. HA. This too shall pass...

Old 04-10-2013, 06:11 AM
Sodd
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Sodd
Call the "ASK MINI" number listed in the how to track your MINI post and talk to a human. They should be able to give you more information from when the order was accepted by MINI, scheduled for production, entered production, etc.

My MINI was finished on March 28th and has been sitting in Southampton since the 1st waiting on the next ship to NJ, I missed the one that left on the 31st but should make the one that departs on the 10th.
Just checked and I'm on WW FAUST that just departed Southampton UK.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:46 AM
namaste859
Neutral
Whoot! OL says it is enroute. Not on a WW line, so it may be harder for me to figure out which ship she is on. Should I go on the K-line site to see which ships left Southhampton for S. Carolina? Is this the best way, or will the MINI customer service know?

Old 04-10-2013, 07:06 AM
Sodd
1st Gear
Whoot! OL says it is enroute. Not on a WW line, so it may be harder for me to figure out which ship she is on. Should I go on the K-line site to see which ships left Southhampton for S. Carolina? Is this the best way, or will the MINI customer service know?
Hard to say. K-Lines Michigan Highway left Southampton UK on April 2nd and will dock in Charleston on April 19th. I would assume that you are on this ship if you are positive that it is not a WW ship.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:53 AM
thirdraildesignlab
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Turns out I'm on the Torino after all... I don't remember there being that much lag in the logistics data on previous go-rounds. Also, it looks like it left later than I had predicted based on the published schedule, so I was off on my estimate. It looked like it was to leave Bremerhaven on 4/6/13 but perhaps that was loading time... it left on the 10th, still scheduled for 1 May arrival in California. Cool!

Old 04-10-2013, 08:41 AM
namaste859
Neutral
I must be reading the K-Line document wrong. Don't we leave out of Southhampton? Wouldn't the ship be either the Chesapeake Hwy on April 4th or the Athens Hwy on April 7th?

So confusing! How do you know where it is going? Sorry, I feel as though I should be able to figure this out for myself and I am asking dumb questions...

Old 04-10-2013, 10:23 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Exciting stuff! Can't wait to see it - have to post some pics when your S arrives!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 04-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Sodd
1st Gear
I must be reading the K-Line document wrong. Don't we leave out of Southhampton? Wouldn't the ship be either the Chesapeake Hwy on April 4th or the Athens Hwy on April 7th?

So confusing! How do you know where it is going? Sorry, I feel as though I should be able to figure this out for myself and I am asking dumb questions...
Yes, it can be a pain. You need to look at the Voyage as well. I also use http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/ to track ship movements, it seems to give more information.

The voyage you are looking at is 022A which started in Bremerhaven on March 1st and ends in Southampton UK on April 4 at which point the Chesapeake Highway is heading back to Bremerhaven to start voyage 023A. The Chesapeake Highway just left Bremerhaven today, April 10th heading to Southampton. Why they go from Charleston to Bremerhaven to Southampton then back to Bremerhaven, I do not know.

While your MINI may be on this ship, it would not make much sense to load it on April 4th in Southampton, then ferry it back to Bremerhaven on April 10th, then back to Southampton on April 12th.

The Athens Highway started it's voyage, 039A, on March 9th in Bremerhaven and ended in Southampton on April 8th. I do not know what it's current voyage is as the page does not list another voyage for it. However, it currently is underway to Port Said in Egypt and is scheduled to arrive on April 19th. I do not think your MINI would be on this ship.

This leaves Georgia Highway on voyage 47A which left Southampton on March 24, unlikely if your production complete date was March 20th. Or Michigan Highway on voyage 023A which left Southampton on April 2nd.

I would either call the ask mini number and talk to a human and see if they can give you more information or call your MA and see if they can find out. I'm guessing that you are on the Michigan Highway.

How did you rule out a WW ship? Did you track your VIN using https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ and did not get a hit? WW Mignon just docked in NY/NJ today and is then heading to Brunswick GA (April 15) and then to Charleston, SC on April 16. This ship left Southampton UK on March 31

Last edited by Sodd; 04-10-2013 at 08:43 PM.